Making Plans

Whatever happened to Bournemouth?

Former, and probably still, media darlings who are only famous for being the failed forerunners of Brentford and who can only attract 9,000 spectators for a home FA Cup tie even though they've signed Todd "Superstar" Cantwell.

Edited by Making Plans

I seem to remember…

yes

something…

a memory…

it’s faint, but…

I think it was…

”why…”

”Why aren’t we Bournemouth”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I seem to remember…

yes

something…

a memory…

it’s faint, but…

I think it was…

”why…”

”Why aren’t we Bournemouth”

Plucky little Bournemouth have morphed into beloved Brentford...

• Haha 5

I'm looking forward to them morphing into Lovely Luton should their surge towards the play offs continue 👍

They only hold 11,300 so around 85% full, they will see that as pretty good!! 😆

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Former, and probably still, media darlings who are only famous for being the failed forerunners of Brentford and who can only attract 9,000 spectators for a home FA Cup tie even though they've signed Todd "Superstar" Cantwell.

More like under 8000 if you take away the Boreham Wood supporters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Making Plans said:

10 hours ago, Making Plans said:

they have never been anything more than a Russian billionairs plaything the year they got promoted they broke all the finacial fair play rules

I have no animosity towards Bournemouth Football Club, fond memories acually due to the time our recruits from that club led to one of the better periods in our history.

Nice little town with nice hotels, you'll never come across a lad's week-end there, which can't be a bad thing.

They will never get a big support as the area cannot carry one, but with a bit of dosh behind them they can, at least, be allowed to be ambitious.

'Little Old Bournemouth' they might be, but there's nothing wrong with thinking big, as opposed to the opposite.

Cantwell looked decent last night, although the company was limited (and that there Billing most of all.)

Pity about Todd, I always retained higher hopes of him. Perhaps if the Cherries fail to go up this season we can think about, once again, raiding some of their better talent.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I have no animosity towards Bournemouth Football Club, fond memories acually due to the time our recruits from that club led to one of the better periods in our history.

Nice little town with nice hotels, you'll never come across a lad's week-end there, which can't be a bad thing.

They will never get a big support as the area cannot carry one, but with a bit of dosh behind them they can, at least, be allowed to be ambitious.

'Little Old Bournemouth' they might be, bit there's nothing wrong with thinking big, as opposed to the opposite.

Cantwell looked decent last night, although the company was limited (and that there Billing most of all.)

Pity about Todd, I always retained higher hopes of him. Perhaps if the Cherries fail to go up this season we can think about, once again, raiding some of their better talent.

I have no I'll feeling towards the club as such, only the fans. Because they cheated their way into the prem on an oligarchs chequebook they think they are a big club with a right to be in the top flight. They're even worse than villa fans for their sense of entitlement and as soon as laddo tires of wasting his money on them they will quickly return from whence they came...

• Like 1

After thought:

Bournemouth FC., the perfect club for Delia Smith to own. Comfortable (in the second tier?) old and sufficiently 'little.'

Clearly she's out of her depth at Norwich City.😆

Can't we swap owners? For a couple of seasons at least.   

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

After thought:

Bournemouth FC., the perfect club for Deia Smith to own. Comfortable (in the second tier?) old and sufficiently 'little.'

Clearly she's out of her depth at Norwich City.😆

Can't we swap owners? For a couple of seasons at least.   

Funny thing is she wouldn't be able to maintain Bournemouth as a champs club with her wealth...

4 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Funny thing is she wouldn't be able to maintain Bournemouth as a champs club with her wealth...

True, it's a balancing act. 

11 hours ago, Canaries north said:

Don't forget Blackpool

And Portsmouth, Sunderland, Coventry, Stoke, Swansea, Hull, Reading, Derby, Wigan, Bolton…

Oh, and that small provincial town in Suffolk.

First eleven apart they are short of talent. 6-0 at Norwich Lge Cup and 0-1 to the Mighty Borehamwood speaks volumes.  If they do go up looking difficult there needs to be millions spent improving the squad.  And Wnky Solanke cannot notch in PL.  Another yoyo club moving between PL and Champs a few too many of those.

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Why would raid their talent if Cantwell (who couldn't get into our team) looked better than them?? Surely they aren't any improvement on who we already have here. 

Edited by Greavsy

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

'Little Old Bournemouth' they might be, but there's nothing wrong with thinking big, as opposed to the opposite.

Not sure about this, we went there for a friend’s stag weekend in 2010, the High Street looked exactly like Watford in terms of the same pubs and shops.

I mean they are 1 point off the autos with 2 games in hand and a better goal difference so all is not lost yet. Getting bounced out the cup was probably not a bad thing.

Mind you they've still to play all the top 6 again and most of the current top 10.

They have some decent players, who at the moment are more likely to be in the PL next year than we are!

55 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

They have some decent players, who at the moment are more likely to be in the PL next year than we are!

6 unbeaten prior to Boreham.

One of the commenters on the match and some fans have pointed out that while yes they had a very busy transfer window and brought in a ton of new players the issue they clearly have and saw last night is that none of those players know one another nor do they know how they are supposed to play nor the system. Will take quite some time for that to be all worked out, the Championship can be a hell of a baptism of fire.. I for one hope they bottle it and Blackburn go up

This post will not fit in with the “haters” narrative, but when Cantwell came on at Bournemouth for the second half I thought that he looked worthy of his selection and contributed well giving the side a dimension that they did not have in the first half. I still think it was a strange decision for him to go to Bournemouth,  but I do hope that he does well.

I've only started hating them in the last 3 years and it's not because they're small, rich and were succesful it's because alongside Watford they have been the dirtiest, most sh1th0using team we've played in that time. Signing Pearson summed up their strategy really, he's the perfect player to be the heartbeat of their team of tw41s. I haven't seen them play under Parker though I'll admit but when we've played them recently they've kicked us off the park every brief moment they spent not diving, feigning injury or whinging at the ref

Sorry for the language but I've really grown to hate them and I can't think of any other way to describe them. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

44 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

This post will not fit in with the “haters” narrative, but when Cantwell came on at Bournemouth for the second half I thought that he looked worthy of his selection and contributed well giving the side a dimension that they did not have in the first half. I still think it was a strange decision for him to go to Bournemouth,  but I do hope that he does well.

He was playing against a team who are probably worse than our Under 23 team