Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Wolves fans aren't in a good place right now..

1 minute ago, Bluefloyd said:

Wolves massively overrated. Soft start to campaign got them points on the board. Average mid table team at best. Their travelling support are obnoxious gimps too. 

Just another entitled club like Leeds, Villa, etc who live off past glories and still think they are "elite".. its 2022 not 1952 ffs

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yes that’s a good, measured post. But where did I say that there weren’t any sensible posts? I’m talking about their overall mood, which clearly does not represent a measured response.

The comment you just shared received just 5 likes. Funnily enough it seems to be you as the one who is cherry picking, not me…

I instead highlighted those two posts because they were the most liked / most popular comments (not because I wanted them to suited my argument), receiving 28 and 18 likes respectively, in truth there is no shortage of such posts in that thread and a couple of scrolls down is another comment with 10 likes which places blame squarely on the owner’s door. For a one off cup game FFS!

The overwhelming majority of comments are negative as well as being either derogatory towards Norwich, the manager, the team and / or the owners….

So it seems the sensible, patient, supporting Wolves fans are the ones in the minority, very much vice versa to what you get on here where most negative nancies are immediately jumped all over. Especially commendable given the awful awful runs we have put in in the PL.

As I said; we have some of the best fans around, not sure why people want to dig at the tiny proportion who regularly get shouted over on here. We should be proud of the overall good nature of our fan base 👍

Fair points, I agree that the overall tone is thoughtlessly negative about us. Two posts stood out to me on the thread though, you quoted one, I quoted the other, so I would say we’re both guilty of cherrypicking, with the caveat as you say about likes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spillay said:

Just another entitled club like Leeds, Villa, etc who live off past glories and still think they are "elite".. its 2022 not 1952 ffs

And yes, there is a massive sense of entitlement on that board from many posters who clearly have short memories. It reminds me of the Wigan supporter I used to work with, whose used to be wound up by their younger fans who had started supporting them when they were in the Premier League and thought it was their rightful place.

I have a mate who regularly attends molineaux to watch the wolves, he texted me yesterday before the match and his thought was that City would ‘do a job’ on wolves. How right he was.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

And yes, there is a massive sense of entitlement on that board from many posters who clearly have short memories. It reminds me of the Wigan supporter I used to work with, whose used to be wound up by their younger fans who had started supporting them when they were in the Premier League and thought it was their rightful place.

Given the owners we have the fact we can play and compete in the Prem against teams with billionaire owners these days is a miricle by itself to be fair

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Spillay said:

When I was at uni (many years ago)  my girlfriend came from Wolves and her Dad was always banging on about how they were a 'big club' - my, how I  laughed when they dropped into the old 4th Division and had to face teams such as the mighty Aldershot!!!

9 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

When I was at uni (many years ago)  my girlfriend came from Wolves and her Dad was always banging on about how they were a 'big club' - my, how I  laughed when they dropped into the old 4th Division and had to face teams such as the mighty Aldershot!!!

I seem to remember that they could theoretically have been relegated to the old Conference on the last day of the season when they were in the old 4th Division. Am I remembering wrongly?

Edited by canarybubbles

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What a strange dig at our fans, not only is it unnecessary but it’s totally untrue. The first two posts on that thread are the most liked comments and are as follows;

‘’Pathetic. That's all. Worst team in the Premier League, playing at home and nothing. How Bruno thought an attack of the rookie Silva and Podence was going to add up to many goals only he can know. They did nothing at Brentford as a duo and only Podence offered an individual threat. Pathetic bench options today except a presumably exhausted Jiminez. No Adama to bring on for a cavalry charge. Chiqo will need time. Well done Jeff and co in January.

Neto and Hwang can't come back soon enough but another season of a wasted opportunity in the Cup even with a great draw. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe it. The squad has needed strengthening for 18 months and the failure to do so is the underlying reason why we couldn't even turn over a pathetic Norwich team. Aim low as a club and this is what happens’’

‘‘Blown a massive opportunity. We won’t play a worse side all season than Norwich they’re absolutely ****. We were so so so so so poor though. I really wanted us to do well in the cup. Feel empty and numb. Going for a few drinks to sort my head. What a waste of a game that was.’’

How on Earth is that a measured response to losing a one off cup game? And these are the most liked / popular comments too?!

Considering they’ve been in and around 6th-8th all season, playing rather well and spoken of fondly by many neutrals, I’d say these kind of comments represent ‘pant wetting’ far in excess of anything from our fans. If you truly think that’s a ‘measured response’ then you really must think losing to Norwich city is as bad as they say it is…

My bet is you just wanted to stick the knife in to our own fans for no real reason. And it’s such a strange desire.

We’ve put up with some of the ****test performances I’ve ever seen in my NCFC lifetime this season, we’ve broken records for defeats, records for lack of goal scoring, for failing to scoring during entire months of football, playing multiple games in a row without looking remotely competitive etc etc. And you think during that time the fans didn’t have any right to vent, or perhaps even catastrophise a little?

If you think those comments were a measured response from the Wolves after one poor cup game; then what on Earth do you think would represent a measured response from our fans during the poorest form I’ve ever (tried to) support the team through? Seriously?

I’m really tired of this narrative, yes of course we have some idiots - but they are a tiny minority, unlike other teams. Overall we have some of the nicest, tamest and charming fans in the country - you give the Wolves fans what we have put up with this season and there would be riots on the pitch. The fact we still had plenty of Farke supporters after 6 wins in 48 PL games says it all (the worst PL win record for that amount of games) you won’t find another fan base in the country showing that level of patience and support. 

Absolutely nonsense comment. 

It’s not a dig at our fans who have generally been great. It’s much more a comment on the minority of posters on here who can’t wait to twist the knife into every area of the club when things go wrong. 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s odd how we seem to have been so widely labelled as the worst PL side ever - I’m sure similar stuff is on most fan sites, and it is of course perpetuated by TalkShat and several other media outlets.  You get the impression they expect us to barely be able to kick a ball.

Absolutely. Hopefully we'll keep going under the radar for a while yet.

But in the national media we are essentially a really dreadful team except for the world-class Billy Gilmour.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It’s not a dig at our fans who have generally been great. It’s much more a comment on the minority of posters on here who can’t wait to twist the knife into every area of the club when things go wrong. 

Fair enough I don’t disagree that those fans exist for NCFC. But your point falls rather flat when you realise the overwhelming majority of the Wolves fans in that thread are much much worse the usual you get on here.

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You know given they seem so adamant that we are one of the worst teams the top flight has ever seen yet are at the same time they are happy to admit they have been unable to beat us twice now I'm not sure what kind of a team that implies they are..

This is exactly what I thought when reading those comments earlier! Bunch of self entitled twonks 😂

This guy is also a laugh... 

Screenshot_2022-02-06-15-49-31-66_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

This is exactly what I thought when reading those comments earlier! Bunch of self entitled twonks 😂

Sounds like this chap you've quoted has got some serious issues, I'd suggest he goes and get the help he needs. 

Wolves is a horrible place, it's the only place I've been physically challenged at any football ground. 

That club will never get a penny of my money again. 

I occasionally work in the midlands and the Wolves fans I encounter are a special kind of inbred (genuinely inbred I firmly believe in many cases) 

• Like 1

Am I alone in loving the fact that wolves fan described us as dirty, over physical and came to batter us?!

Especially by a wolves fan, a team who have been amongst the most dirty teams I have ever seen us play on a number of occasions over the years.

Full compliments to Dean Smith who has converted us from powder puff, push overs!

• Like 3

Just now, rock bus said:

Am I alone in loving the fact that wolves fan described us as dirty, over physical and came to batter us?!

Especially by a wolves fan, a team who have been amongst the most dirty teams I have ever seen us play on a number of occasions over the years.

Full compliments to Dean Smith who has converted us from powder puff, push overs!

Was a touch of the old Stoke about us last night I reckon 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I think that currently the Foxes support right now are also not in a good place either....

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Sad man with a sad, entitled attitude.

Let's hope we batter them in the league at their place. If this chap goes to that game and see a home defeat again against the worse team in the PL I suspect he will struggle to write a more bitter report.

Probably will just copy and paste this one again 👊😂

• Like 1

They are just supporters like us. Its their opinion. They must have fancied beating us and must have thought of who they would get in the next round. Blimey, we moan how bad we have been when we lose to Villa or Watford.

52 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I think that currently the Foxes support right now are also not in a good place either....

Only one way to settle which of the two teams have it worse..

2401601520_804fd0d095_w.jpg

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

LOL.....must be something to do with teams that play in blue 🙂

• Like 1

It’s crazy is being labelled ‘dirty’ but I’m all for us being more physical than we have been - over the years we have been bullied so many times by sides like Watford and, actually, Wolves.

Yesterday’s ref was utterly ridiculous with his cards - it was hardly a dirty game.  I recall few card-worthy challenges from either side, but Normann was booked when it wasn’t even a foul; Podence should have been carded for simulation; at one point one of their more theatrical players was giving the ref a right mouthful that should have seen him carded for dissent, but wasn’t even talked to. The idea of consistency and fairness was certainly lacking with that idiot in charge.

• Like 1

Have to say one of my best mates is a Wolves supporter and at the final whistle on Saturday he was straight on to message well done Norwich. Joined him and his family in the away end at Newcastle in the days when they were heading for the Chump under Mad Mick – must be something about the dedication of away support, a cracking day with humour in the misery and they came back from 0-2 at half time to draw 2-2. Was pleased for them all. But hey, they have tossers, as have we.

18 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

The 72 year old hard man - with matching IQ.

Expect we can all agree that some of Wolves' supporters are w.. well, rhymes with anchors.

Wouldn't put my money on it being a man.

Most of the women there look like neanderthals. 🙂

I know every team has some idiots but if the Wolves comments quoted above are getting the most likes, that's pretty wet and pathetic.  On Saturday the game was played in a good spirit I thought, physical on both sides but nothing OTT and certainly nothing that would have deserved a player getting sent off.  The only genuinely dirty piece of play was when their player blatantly dived to try to win a pen, is it me or did he look slightly embarrassed when he was getting up on the replay ?  Strange that the ref didn't give him a card.  I thought the ref was pretty balanced on fouls but hugely biased on yellow cards where he gave loads to City players and didn't give them for fouls just as bad by Wolves players, which was a bit odd.

It's such a relief to be able to play teams like Watford and Wolves, who a couple of years back were able to just out-muscle us, and feel we're fully competitive physically.  For the Wolves fans to say we were very physical is just a nonsense, we simply matched them physically which they're probably not used to seeing against us.

Overall we won the game by the old fashioned expedient of being the better side over the 94 minutes, really we should have scored more.

Wolves do have a pretty loyal support. I've always found it a place of extremes. Half their support are really decent and friendly but then there is a big contingent of utter ****s who like nothing better than a cowardly attack of some undeserving away fan by the underpass. Worst away ground i've been to for that sort of thing to be honest.

On the pitch i've seen them look class in a couple of games (away at Old Trafford for one) but I thought when we played them at home that they have a very formulaic style of play under this manager (really shoiuld have beaten them then) which we found relatively easy to defend against (even when we were ropey at the back) and so not completely surprised we did a bit of a number on them yesterday. They keep it tight at the back then try to open you up by working it wide on one side then trying to switch it to the other side of the pitch. After a few minutes at Carrow Road our defence caught onto it. The sort of teams we struggle against are those who attack us at pace and through runners from midfield getting into the box. Wolves aren;t one of those. 

God they don't miss a chance in that thread to say how "awful" or "rubbish" we are do they.

Serious delusions of grandeur. 

21 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Dear god. The bloke is like an old dog who just needs to be put down. What a complete waste to have someone like that taking up valuable space on this planet.

• Like 1