Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Wolves fans aren't in a good place right now..

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/verdict-norwich.675136/

Spare a thought for the Portugal B team fans today, aka Wolves fans. Clearly not having a very good time. Losing to little old us seems to have done a number on them.

Very entertaining reading I must say

The comments seem realistic based on their performance. TBH it’s a more measured response than the pant wetting you get on here when we lose.

• Like 1

It looks from the opinion of the fans our recent revival is still running under the radar. This is good! Need to hide our power level dragonball z style as long as we can

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It looks from the opinion of the fans our recent revival is still running under the radar. This is good! Need to hide our power level dragonball z style as long as we can

It's over 9000.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You know given they seem so adamant that we are one of the worst teams the top flight has ever seen yet are at the same time they are happy to admit they have been unable to beat us twice now I'm not sure what kind of a team that implies they are..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

53 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

This is good! Need to hide our power level dragonball z style as long as we can

No idea we what this means, must be too old for this 😭

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

The comments seem realistic based on their performance. TBH it’s a more measured response than the pant wetting you get on here when we lose.

What a strange dig at our fans, not only is it unnecessary but it’s totally untrue. The first two posts on that thread are the most liked comments and are as follows;

‘’Pathetic. That's all. Worst team in the Premier League, playing at home and nothing. How Bruno thought an attack of the rookie Silva and Podence was going to add up to many goals only he can know. They did nothing at Brentford as a duo and only Podence offered an individual threat. Pathetic bench options today except a presumably exhausted Jiminez. No Adama to bring on for a cavalry charge. Chiqo will need time. Well done Jeff and co in January.

Neto and Hwang can't come back soon enough but another season of a wasted opportunity in the Cup even with a great draw. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe it. The squad has needed strengthening for 18 months and the failure to do so is the underlying reason why we couldn't even turn over a pathetic Norwich team. Aim low as a club and this is what happens’’

‘‘Blown a massive opportunity. We won’t play a worse side all season than Norwich they’re absolutely ****. We were so so so so so poor though. I really wanted us to do well in the cup. Feel empty and numb. Going for a few drinks to sort my head. What a waste of a game that was.’’

How on Earth is that a measured response to losing a one off cup game? And these are the most liked / popular comments too?!

Considering they’ve been in and around 6th-8th all season, playing rather well and spoken of fondly by many neutrals, I’d say these kind of comments represent ‘pant wetting’ far in excess of anything from our fans. If you truly think that’s a ‘measured response’ then you really must think losing to Norwich city is as bad as they say it is…

My bet is you just wanted to stick the knife in to our own fans for no real reason. And it’s such a strange desire.

We’ve put up with some of the ****test performances I’ve ever seen in my NCFC lifetime this season, we’ve broken records for defeats, records for lack of goal scoring, for failing to scoring during entire months of football, playing multiple games in a row without looking remotely competitive etc etc. And you think during that time the fans didn’t have any right to vent, or perhaps even catastrophise a little?

If you think those comments were a measured response from the Wolves after one poor cup game; then what on Earth do you think would represent a measured response from our fans during the poorest form I’ve ever (tried to) support the team through? Seriously?

I’m really tired of this narrative, yes of course we have some idiots - but they are a tiny minority, unlike other teams. Overall we have some of the nicest, tamest and charming fans in the country - you give the Wolves fans what we have put up with this season and there would be riots on the pitch. The fact we still had plenty of Farke supporters after 6 wins in 48 PL games says it all (the worst PL win record for that amount of games) you won’t find another fan base in the country showing that level of patience and support. 

Absolutely nonsense comment. 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 6

I was struck by this comment:

"Reality is setting in that Fosun do not have the ambition/money/whatever to want to take us up another level. Tbh a couple of players could do it."

That not-enough-money being just the £4.5bn...🧐

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

"Reality is setting in that Fosun do not have the ambition/money/whatever to want to take us up another level. Tbh a couple of players could do it."

Woe is me, having an owner worth 5 billion who also can buy half of the Portugal national team to throw into your team must be sooo awful, I can't imagine having such poor owers who clearly have zero ambitons and clearly do nothing for their team who are fighting for a top 8 finish. Must be so hard being a Wolves fan, poor old them

Are they forgetting they were in leauge one less than a decade ago? If it wasn't for thier new owners they would probably still be struggling down the lower leauges me thinks

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It’s a very measured comment and much more grounded than our own awful awful fans though Purple.

God knows what the Wolves lot would say if they had to spend as frugally as us…

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Wolves will never be a top 6 team. They don't have the fanbase nor the right town nor the set up to be so. Molineux is starting to look very scruffy too.

9 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Wolves will never be a top 6 team. They don't have the fanbase nor the right town nor the set up to be so. Molineux is starting to look very scruffy too.

They do have a decent and loyal fan base but that part of England is so heavily diluted with teams (villa brom etc) that they do often struggle when it comes to support and a lot of the current support are clearly the plastic prawn brigade who only bothered turning up when they got a hot Chinese and Portuguese cash injection (I mean prior to that most of their social media pages had less than half the followers they do now for example)

Nevermind how less than a decade ago they were pretty **** poor, ended up in league one with their stadium getting less than half its capacity in attendance and the club was almost bankrupt with many rumours around its survival as a club being on the line

.. funny how Wolves fans are so quick to seem to forget about that part of their history as they moan about their current top ten prem side playing European football and attracting top talents from across Spain and portugal 'not being good enough' and 'We have no ambition as a club..'

24 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, I noticed the same thing.

"A sign of things to come under FOSUN as they continue to strip our squad and adequately replace who they have sold."

They too need richer and more ambitious owners! They are only £131 million in debt (new accounts next month).

A welcome reminder that football fans are never satisfied. This must be the best Wolves team in about fifty years.

I wonder if the Man City boards are full of entitled idiots moaning at Pep...

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Unhinged Canary said:

It's over 9000.

There are Saiyans in Norfolk. Just wait until Normann gets his blonde hair back..

53 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What a strange dig at our fans, not only is it unnecessary but it’s totally untrue. The first two posts on that thread are the most liked comments and are as follows;

‘’Pathetic. That's all. Worst team in the Premier League, playing at home and nothing. How Bruno thought an attack of the rookie Silva and Podence was going to add up to many goals only he can know. They did nothing at Brentford as a duo and only Podence offered an individual threat. Pathetic bench options today except a presumably exhausted Jiminez. No Adama to bring on for a cavalry charge. Chiqo will need time. Well done Jeff and co in January.

Neto and Hwang can't come back soon enough but another season of a wasted opportunity in the Cup even with a great draw. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe it. The squad has needed strengthening for 18 months and the failure to do so is the underlying reason why we couldn't even turn over a pathetic Norwich team. Aim low as a club and this is what happens’’

‘‘Blown a massive opportunity. We won’t play a worse side all season than Norwich they’re absolutely ****. We were so so so so so poor though. I really wanted us to do well in the cup. Feel empty and numb. Going for a few drinks to sort my head. What a waste of a game that was.’’

How on Earth is that a measured response to losing a one off cup game? And these are the most liked / popular comments too?!

Considering they’ve been in and around 6th-8th all season, playing rather well and spoken of fondly by many neutrals, I’d say these kind of comments represent ‘pant wetting’ far in excess of anything from our fans. If you truly think that’s a ‘measured response’ then you really must think losing to Norwich city is as bad as they say it is…

My bet is you just wanted to stick the knife in to our own fans for no real reason. And it’s such a strange desire.

We’ve put up with some of the ****test performances I’ve ever seen in my NCFC lifetime this season, we’ve broken records for defeats, records for lack of goal scoring, for failing to scoring during entire months of football, playing multiple games in a row without looking remotely competitive etc etc. And you think during that time the fans didn’t have any right to vent, or perhaps even catastrophise a little?

If you think those comments were a measured response from the Wolves after one poor cup game; then what on Earth do you think would represent a measured response from our fans during the poorest form I’ve ever (tried to) support the team through? Seriously?

I’m really tired of this narrative, yes of course we have some idiots - but they are a tiny minority, unlike other teams. Overall we have some of the nicest, tamest and charming fans in the country - you give the Wolves fans what we have put up with this season and there would be riots on the pitch. The fact we still had plenty of Farke supporters after 6 wins in 48 PL games says it all (the worst PL win record for that amount of games) you won’t find another fan base in the country showing that level of patience and support. 

Absolutely nonsense comment. 

You have picked the most extreme post on (the first page of, I wasn’t going to read it all) that thread. How about this one:

Norwich the better side first half, we were better second. 
I see some idiots are claiming that Norwich are the worst side in the Prem despite them now winning 4 of their last 5. 
This is football, this is what happens. Our own fault as we simply don't get enough men forward and in the penalty area when needed. 
Case in point, the cross at the end from Chiquinho was fantastic... no-one there. We're a work in progress... we move on. 
Well done Norwich, rode your luck but got your break and then held on. Twice we have now failed to score against them this season.”

Is that not measured?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You have picked the most extreme post on (the first page of, I wasn’t going to read it all) that thread. How about this one:

Norwich the better side first half, we were better second. 
I see some idiots are claiming that Norwich are the worst side in the Prem despite them now winning 4 of their last 5. 
This is football, this is what happens. Our own fault as we simply don't get enough men forward and in the penalty area when needed. 
Case in point, the cross at the end from Chiquinho was fantastic... no-one there. We're a work in progress... we move on. 
Well done Norwich, rode your luck but got your break and then held on. Twice we have now failed to score against them this season.”

Is that not measured?

Yes that’s a good, measured post. But where did I say that there weren’t any sensible posts? I’m talking about their overall mood, which clearly does not represent a measured response.

The comment you just shared received just 5 likes. Funnily enough it seems to be you as the one who is cherry picking, not me…

I instead highlighted those two posts because they were the most liked / most popular comments (not because I wanted them to suited my argument), receiving 28 and 18 likes respectively, in truth there is no shortage of such posts in that thread and a couple of scrolls down is another comment with 10 likes which places blame squarely on the owner’s door. For a one off cup game FFS!

The overwhelming majority of comments are negative as well as being either derogatory towards Norwich, the manager, the team and / or the owners….

So it seems the sensible, patient, supporting Wolves fans are the ones in the minority, very much vice versa to what you get on here where most negative nancies are immediately jumped all over. Especially commendable given the awful awful runs we have put in in the PL.

As I said; we have some of the best fans around, not sure why people want to dig at the tiny proportion who regularly get shouted over on here. We should be proud of the overall good nature of our fan base 👍

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 2

There will be more to come from Wolves fans I'm sure until they change manager.

I thought they looked a poor old side tbh and much of what they served up was meat and drink to Hanley and Gibbo.

Again, they'll let you down again....

"not in a good place"?

I think that's being a bit too kind to the city of Wolverhampton.

• Haha 2

Must be gutting for them to have not even scored in 2 games against the worst side in the division😂😂Bunch of inbred dingles.... 

Just now, Orly said:

"not in a good place"?

I think that's being a bit too kind to the city of Wolverhampton.

Either got a trip in the next round to the city of Liverpool or Cardiff

both cities known for their “culture” 

by culture I do of course mean a culture that could curdle milk at a distance of half a mile.

It’s odd how we seem to have been so widely labelled as the worst PL side ever - I’m sure similar stuff is on most fan sites, and it is of course perpetuated by TalkShat and several other media outlets.  You get the impression they expect us to barely be able to kick a ball.

• Like 2

So many have labelled us “the worst team ever” and have a vested interest in us going down (no money, miles from london etc) that the ONLY acceptable way we are allowed to stay up is if our season is recused by Billy Gilmour. The Cinderella story of the footballer abused by his own fans who comes good.

They seem very ‘entitled’ don’t they? Almost as bad as West Ham fans. I don’t know about others but I’m OK with being labelled ‘the  worst PL team ever’- the longer that opposing teams underestimate us the better IMO.

7 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

They seem very ‘entitled’ don’t they? Almost as bad as West Ham fans. I don’t know about others but I’m OK with being labelled ‘the  worst PL team ever’- the longer that opposing teams underestimate us the better IMO.

West Ham fans might be a bunch of violent cockney sterotypes but at least they are real, loyal and honest supporters.. Unlike Wolves right now in which it seems a large portion of their fans are plastic prawn lots who only turned up to support them after their takeover

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

West Ham fans might be a bunch of violent cockney sterotypes but at least they are real, loyal and honest supporters.. Unlike Wolves right now in which it seems a large portion of their fans are plastic prawn lots who only turned up to support them after their takeover

Well the 26,000 regular State Aid United fans prior to being gifted the London Stadium were violent cockernee loyal supporters but the 30,000 new ones since?  🤔

Wolves massively overrated. Soft start to campaign got them points on the board. Average mid table team at best. Their travelling support are obnoxious gimps too.