Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

MOTD - so lazy!!!

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Quite reasonable to have a go at the BBC for poor quality coverage but I don't see any difference between them and the paid services or ITV. Sky, for example, pay their pundits way more than Lineker yet none of them understand zonal marking or other modern changes in the game. The only time I've known a Sky pundit earn his money was when Mourinho did a couple of weeks between jobs. 

It's similar with politics where people scream about left wing bias at the BBC and totally ignore the fact that Murdoch owned Sky has a far more aggressive anti Government stance at the moment. 

Anyone wanting the BBC to disappear needs to have a good long think about it. The quality of their radio and TV broadcasts is the envy of the world yet we have to listen to right wing nut jobs complaining that the BBC won't bend over for one of the most corrupt and incompetent Governments that Western Europe has ever known. 

It’s the BBC implied purchase in an age of consumer choice. It doesn’t work. It’s 2022. Once people have the choice it’ll get shredded apart. Bloated, useless corporation.

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

I've already shat in your slippers.

Go and put radio Norfolk on and calm down. I’m sure they’ve got one of their 16 country and western hours they are running today on

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wow, anti BBC bias or what - as ever most of it utter drivel; the tv licence is 43p a day - anyone considering that a waste of money is pretty daft.  Their coverage of NCFC is pretty weak, but then so is almost all the (London) media’s.

I don’t have a problem with the BBC in general but for the summariser to come out with that line was ridiculous and wrong 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s the BBC implied purchase in an age of consumer choice. It doesn’t work. It’s 2022. Once people have the choice it’ll get shredded apart. Bloated, useless corporation.

You didn't need to say "apart" after "shredded". You can't shred something together. 

You may not like the BBC but people who can construct a sentence effectively think differently. What you're asking is that the BBC gets dragged down to the level of the independent offerings. Good luck with that but bear in mind that ITV and Sky want things to stay as they are. Large corporations have a budget for advertising and they don't want to lose a big slice of their income. 

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Go and put radio Norfolk on and calm down. I’m sure they’ve got one of their 16 country and western hours they are running today on

Mrw Reaction GIF - Mrw Reaction Old Gamer - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You didn't need to say "apart" after "shredded". You can't shred something together. 

You may not like the BBC but people who can construct a sentence effectively think differently. What you're asking is that the BBC gets dragged down to the level of the independent offerings. Good luck with that but bear in mind that ITV and Sky want things to stay as they are. Large corporations have a budget for advertising and they don't want to lose a big slice of their income. 

They won’t lose a slice of their income. The BBC won’t be able to compete with Amazon, Netflix, sky etc. they literally offer nothing in a digital age. The fact you think they would compete without being propped up by public money shows how naive you are. It’s already dead, it’s just being slowly buried.

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Mrw Reaction GIF - Mrw Reaction Old Gamer - Discover & Share GIFs

image.jpeg.2ea579203e3440d858f2a3176cd4e8b4.jpegFound the quote button today then did you, grandad?

songs of praise will be in soon if you can take a break from “hunting people down” 😂

• Haha 2

Just watch the highlights clip that the FA put on YouTube instead. Showed the same three chances that MOTD did. Hopefully the club can upload extended highlights as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SplatCat said:

I mean they only gave us a total of 90 seconds and in that time they-

falsely claimed Gilmore played through the pass

falsely claimed Gimore has been key to our resurgence

falsely said it’s a minor shock

Impressively crap!

You have a point on Gilmore, but it is a minor shock, whichever way you look at it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

They won’t lose a slice of their income. The BBC won’t be able to compete with Amazon, Netflix, sky etc. they literally offer nothing in a digital age. The fact you think they would compete without being propped up by public money shows how naive you are. It’s already dead, it’s just being slowly buried.

Do you genuinely believe that if the BBC sold advertising during, for example, Strictly Come Dancing that customers wouldn't be queuing up?  ITV and Sky don't agree with you and are very much in favour of leaving things as they are. 

In case you are unaware, advertisers have a budget and spend it where it will be most effective. The size of the advertising cake will stay the same but the slices will get smaller. 

49 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

They offer nothing in the digital age other than THE most visited news website in the world! People forget that the BBC has such standing around the world exactly because o how it is funded and run, it is one of the few gold standard news organisations that people around the world (especially in third world and repressive regimes) count on and trust. Yes some of their "entertainment" is a bit crap, but the news part of the organisation is something that should be cherished and protected.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

They offer nothing in the digital age other than THE most visited news website in the world! People forget that the BBC has such standing around the world exactly because o how it is funded and run, it is one of the few gold standard news organisations that people around the world (especially in third world and repressive regimes) count on and trust. Yes some of their "entertainment" is a bit crap, but the news part of the organisation is something that should be cherished and protected.

and thats why they hide so many problimatic news stories while trivial ones to push agendas stay on the front page

they do some excellent work but its hard to find at times

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

You have a point on Gilmore, but it is a minor shock, whichever way you look at it.

I was minorly shocked , I must admit , once Jiminez  came on I thought  we'd be in trouble.   

3 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

and thats why they hide so many problimatic news stories while trivial ones to push agendas stay on the front page

they do some excellent work but its hard to find at times

A lot of the front page is driven by engagement, so the more people are interested in a story the more likely it is to be on the front page. The BBC as an organisation doesn't actually have an agenda, it is impartial, which too many people interpret as being an agenda against whatever they want to be pushed...

26 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Uh, no.

when the public funding goes it’ll lean into clickbait more than it does already.

31 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Do you genuinely believe that if the BBC sold advertising during, for example, Strictly Come Dancing that customers wouldn't be queuing up?  ITV and Sky don't agree with you and are very much in favour of leaving things as they are. 

In case you are unaware, advertisers have a budget and spend it where it will be most effective. The size of the advertising cake will stay the same but the slices will get smaller. 

It’s competition are sharks. They’ll eat the BBC.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, the license fee is ending in a few years thankfuly. BBC becoming a paid Netflix style sevice after that I'm sure so once that happens you'll never be forced into watching them again

No one is forced into watching anything.

If you like MOTD then watch it, if you don't watch a different channel.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

The BBC won’t be able to compete with Amazon, Netflix, sky etc.

Surely this is an argument for continued funding* of the BBC and other national broadcasters. Unless of course you want a media world dominated by US dominated mass market TV? 

*in some form - not the licence fee it is a regressive tax and past its sell-by date.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Err get your sh1t together mate, it’s actually Treasure Quest, the country hour has been moved to Saturday mornings just before the gardening program which usually stops when football coverage comes in. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

No one is forced into watching anything.

If you like MOTD then watch it, if you don't watch a different channel.

Well, there is that I but meant more forced to pay for the BBC via the tv license thus thunding the BBC which includes MOTD

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

10 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

A lot of the front page is driven by engagement, so the more people are interested in a story the more likely it is to be on the front page. The BBC as an organisation doesn't actually have an agenda, it is impartial, which too many people interpret as being an agenda against whatever they want to be pushed...

I think the problem is more with individual news programme presenters and editors, not the BBC as a whole. You get all these ridiculous interviews with mps or ministers where they are brought on to talk about an issue, that issue is then skipped over to spend the majority of the time interogating them about partygate. People are fed up with it! 

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Surely this is an argument for continued funding* of the BBC and other national broadcasters. Unless of course you want a media world dominated by US dominated mass market TV? 

*in some form - not the licence fee it is a regressive tax and past its sell-by date.

Yeah I can see your argument there. However the BBC is it’s own worst enemy. It’s insistence in using an obsolete funding model has lead to its downfall so they get what they deserve.

Just now, lake district canary said:

I think the problem is more with individual news programme presenters and editors, not the BBC as a whole. You get all these ridiculous interviews with mps or ministers where they are brought on to talk about an issue, that issue is then skipped over to spend the majority of the time interogating them about partygate. People are fed up with it! 

Are people really fed up with trying to hold the government to account over a PM who has repeatedly lied about breaking his own rules, makes repeated personal attacks based on known falsehoods and has repeatedly deliberately misled the house and the public? Yes there are other important issues at the moment, but of the people are fed up with coverage of how corrupt and despicable the current leaders are then God help this country

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Yeah I can see your argument there. However the BBC is it’s own worst enemy. It’s insistence in using an obsolete funding model has lead to its downfall so they get what they deserve.

What other option for funding do they currently have?

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, there is that I but meant more forced to pay for the BBC via the tv license thus thunding the BBC which includes MOTD

True, but you are also forced into funding the PM's weekend country retreat, a subsidised bar and restaurant in the House of Commons and multi-billion pound fraud during the covid crisis!

Why is it that it is only the 44p a day to the BBC that causes some to want to write letters (a novel experience for some of the critics I'd imagine). 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

What other option for funding do they currently have?

They should have explored that. Channel 4 is partially publicly funded and partially commercially. It has a future. The BBC doesn’t and it’s their own fault.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I agree that we should get rid of the licence fee - as I said it is regressive. What to replace it with is complex, but it surely isn't an insuperable problem.

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Are people really fed up with trying to hold the government to account over a PM who has repeatedly lied about breaking his own rules, makes repeated personal attacks based on known falsehoods and has repeatedly deliberately misled the house and the public? Yes there are other important issues at the moment, but of the people are fed up with coverage of how corrupt and despicable the current leaders are then God help this country

Yes, I'm really fed up with hearing about it. It was plainly obvious to anyone with half a brain what Boris is like - has always been like, yet they selected him as leader, people voted him in to be PM - and now everyone is up in arms about it......people got what they voted for. Belly aching about him now about him lying and misleading is just bizarre - he's always been the same! 

• Like 3