Sign in to follow this  
gangmower

andy hughes

surely the worst player i have seen playing for norwich in years.how did we win three nil when we were rubbish for eighty minutes?

I don''t feel sorry for Andy - he hides from the ball (probably because he knows how poor he is in possession). Whenever we got the ball at the back, he located himself 5 to 10 yards in front of them so that he did not have to receive the ball. Hence the hoof up the channels again. However, he''s the new Holt and will never be dropped (at least Holt gave us two good seasons, unlike Hughes, who should never be allowed to wear a Norwich shirt again). I''ve seen some poor Norwich players over the years, but Hughes makes most of them look like Ronaldinho.  

lucky green trainier said it all in 1

his heart is in the right place he will always try and also try and give 100% what ever the performance but he just have not got any quality on the ball

he is certainly not the worst player at the club because dikson ethutu is here

Hughes is certainly up there with the worst players to come to Norwich, Hes my new Jim Brennan hate figure

Hughes is just like worthy - an honest, likable grafter, who gives his all but lacks the quality/ability for the job that city need them to do right now.. 

Worthy has to drop him for Robbo on sat.

I totally agree with all points.  It is not surprising that Reading are doing so well without Hughes - we were in a similar situation a few seasons ago, the early worthington days.  We cleared out a lot of the trierers, but not converters, got in people who could play and make a difference and it drove us on.

We (a collective few in the Upper Barclay) discussed Hughes a lot last night, mainly bemoaning his awful passing skills, and how easily he does get knocked off of the ball.  The only reason he runs so much during a game is that he is either...

a)   Out of position so always chasing the game to the opposition

b)   Chasing after the ball he has just lost either in central midfield or out on the wing.

c)   Covering for either Fleming or Drury as having an anonymous midfield draws out our left/right backs to attempt to win the ball back

I lost count the number of times Hughes lost the ball either through being easily tackled or through a wayward pass.

How many times did he either pass the ball sidewards, or backwards - I lost count.

If we are really going to hurt the opposition, by stringing some passes together and giving our attacking players the service they require Worthington HAS to bite the bullet and drop Hughues in favour of either Etuhu, Robinson or Jarrett.  Neither E, R or J set things a light either, but seem more composed and able to pick out a man. 

Unfortunately Worthington does now have his team, and wanted to be judged on the ''team he built''.  Well judgement day is looming, the jury is out, and m''lord, I find him guilty as sin for still showing his loyalty with Hughes.

I mentioned it yesterday, but feel I must say it again...

There''s a quote on the Y''Army website about Andy Hughes, overheard from some chap in the stands at one of the recent games:

"I wish I could like Andy Hughes, but he''s just too sh*t!"

Sums it up perfectly, I think...

he is now Mr Undroppable and has played every game he has been fit for this season....  He shows just how poor Worthingtons judgement is.

The fact Paul McVeigh yet again looked lively when he came on at right wing and acheived more than JJ2 managed in 70 minutes is testament to worthy''s ineptness as a manager.

The ironic chears when he passed the ball to a norwich shirt summed up how crap he is. Although it was fuuny and we worthy needed rewminding how poor he is,  i dont think this is the answer.

Andy Hughes doesn''t pick the team. He doesn''t pick himself.

Don''t take it out on him! I couldn''t care less whether he''s rubbish, whilst he''s on the pitch he needs everyone''s support. Simply finding someone else to hate doesn''t make anything any better.

And there''s only one man to blame for his being on the pitch, or being at the club ...

Couldn''t care less that he is rubbish.

The guy just isn''t good enough and offers the team nothing but cost half a million.

Not his fault I''ll agree, and I will blame the management and the scouting system for seeing something in Hughes.

But he is soooooooooo frustrating to watch, he just has zero ability.

If he is in the team to break up play well he is doing it brilliantly, it''s just our own play he is breaking up.

[quote user="Mook"]

Andy Hughes doesn''t pick the team. He doesn''t pick himself.

Don''t take it out on him! I couldn''t care less whether he''s rubbish, whilst he''s on the pitch he needs everyone''s support. Simply finding someone else to hate doesn''t make anything any better.

And there''s only one man to blame for his being on the pitch, or being at the club ...

[/quote]

absolutely mook, people should not be having a go at Etuhu or Hughes or anyone - if the y have a problem they should take it out on the manager whom bought them and picks them week in week out

Agreed Mook - but sometimes its hard to make the distinction.

Best qoute I heard was Hughes can trap a ball further than most people can kick it! 

I am uhnfortunately a supporter that can not get to many games due to where I live but my blood runs Yellow and Green. My uncle goes each week and gives me reports and such like.

Can someone please explain (without any bias or blatent clagging off) why they think Andy Hughes is picked?

Is it because he is a tryer? - he must do somethign right whether in training or the dressing room to get infront of so many other central midfielders at the club.

[quote user="Lord Flashart"]

Can someone please explain (without any bias or blatent clagging off) why they think Andy Hughes is picked?

Is it because he is a tryer? - he must do somethign right whether in training or the dressing room to get infront of so many other central midfielders at the club.

[/quote]

I find it hard to see but he does work his uts off across the pitch and at the start of the season visibly encouraged the team on teh pitch, but that part is less apparent at the moment.   He seems a lively likable bloke so I assume he would be good to have in the dressing room.

Any allegations he has a video of the manager and a mobile phone switched to vibrate in a compromising position are entirely ficticious and started from this post only[:P][:D] 

[quote user="Lord Flashart"]

I am uhnfortunately a supporter that can not get to many games due to where I live but my blood runs Yellow and Green. My uncle goes each week and gives me reports and such like.

[/quote]

it is exactly that...  as with clint easton he probably works really hard in training, is a yes man, and gives his all on the pitch.  These are all qualities that Nigel rates highly.  Hence he gets picked.

It might be coincidental, but Norwich''s 5 wins in a row were at the same time as hughes being crocked. Is this not reason enough to get Robinson in. On another point, Dickson Etuhu is surely the worst player i''ve ever seen in a norwich shirt. He may even be worse than Raymond De Waard...

[quote user="Oneandonly"]It might be coincidental, but Norwich''s 5 wins in a row were at the same time as hughes being crocked. Is this not reason enough to get Robinson in. On another point, Dickson Etuhu is surely the worst player i''ve ever seen in a norwich shirt. He may even be worse than Raymond De Waard...[/quote]

we can only hope Etuhu gets better...  At the moment I wouldent even call him a pub footballer because he doesnt seem to no how to play football....

For me Hughes is an ideal 12th Man - I know this sounds a bit odd - but he''s the ideal squad player substitute, always gives 110% never moans good man to have around, can come on and play numerous different positions Lb,RB,CM,RM,LM etc... and do a good job whilst the first team player recovers from injury.

Funny this is exactly how reading used him..........

Is it a coincidence that Etuhu has left Preston and they are doing well and Hughes has left Reading and they are top of the league!Look where we are and we have both of them!!!