Sign in to follow this  
0King Juan of SpainddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

At long last - WE MEAN BUSINESS!!

Good god - from having a strike force as penetrative as the Iraqi army, we now look like we have the strongest front line in the division! Well done NCFC! Can''t wait for the Burnley game....

However - what to do with the rest of the side? Should Mcveigh play? He''s not scoring but he''s very creative. Time to drop Mulryne/Holt, play one of them with Francis, or drop Easton and go for the diamond with Mcveigh at its tip? Where does Rivers come into it?

One thing is for certain though - we need cover at the back. Malkie is starting to look like the cart-horse we always suspected he might be. Let''s just hope we''re so good going forward that we don''t need to worry just yet...(Copyright K.Keegan, 1997)

God isn''t it good to have some real choices. I think we go 4-3-2-1. Francis, Holt and Mulyrne across the middle. Holt as the ball winner, Francis as part ball winner, part surging runs and Mulyrne can be protected enough to do some playmaking. I think Crouch as the target man up front, with McVeigh and Huckerby running onto his pickups and causing mayhem.

now that''s exciting. No what you mean about Keegan mind, wonder if there''s a defender still to come.

Yep - things have certainly taken a turn for the better and its all down to Nigel and the Board so lets have some more praise after all the doubters comments on this forum.

However, whats going to happen after Christmas - is Santa going to take all his presents back to the toy shop?

I''d like to see this formation

Front line - McVeigh, Crouch, Huckerby, Rivers
Middle - Holt, Mulryne, Francis
Back - Edworthy, Flem, Malkie, Drury
Gk - Greeno

I agree in that we need another centre back - but I don''t agree that Malkie is passed it - he''s a good ol'' boy and needs our support to get back to the form of the latter half of 2001 - 2002.

Bromby would definately fill the spot - come on Nigel - one more bit of dealing and we''re looking good.

hey ntmd agree on bromby, but not sure about how to get that twelth man on the pitch:) a 4-3-4 formation is somewhat fresh and exciting, but highly illegal:)

NMTD that team consists of 12 players lol.

I think the 3 4 3 formation would work for us with the midfield playing in a diamond formation

------------------------Greeno

--------Edworthy-------Mackay-----------Drury

-------------------------Holt

Rivers/Mulryne-----------------------------Easton

-----------------------Francis

--------Huckerby------Crouch-------------McVeigh

I agree, we need Bronby. I think Malky is performing below par, but maybehe needs a little compitition.

I can honestly say, I have not been so upbeat about the player situation for years. This has been a real declaration of intent from the club. And not before time.
I think if we are among the top three or four at the start of December, I don''tthink that it woud take much to get them to stay on longer.

But for now, how great is this news?

Well, apart from 12 players on the pitch, I think it is about the best team we could put out. My main concern is centre back - I know Malky is a great bloke and good team man, but he is limited - time to see if Shackell can cut it (who was the last centre back to come through the ranks and play for City, not counting Kenton?=. I also feel that we need someone else to partner Francis, Mulryne and Holt have yet to get back to their former selves, Notman worth a try as an attacking midfielder, or even McVeigh with Brennan taking the left side of midfield.

Like it - first we sign some decent strikers and now a rule change to allow citty to have 12 players on the pitch - yes on that basis we would do well!!

As Rich said it is good to have options. The only down side is that it may take a few games for the team to gel to any new system. As there are only a few days I exepct to see a standard 4-4-2 with Crouch and Hucks up front and McVeigh taking the left wing spot for the game against Burnley.

Away I can see us going 4-3-1-2 with McVeigh behind the front two and the midfield trio sitting deeper to give Worthy the defensive cover he prefers. With Crouch winning (hopefully) aerial balls and the pace and creativity of McVeigh and Huckerby that should give us the ability to soak up pressure and hit effectively on the break.

Now Worthy just the problematic central defensive issue to solve - a pay ball paling partner for Flem/Mackay - now where is that premiership squad list again???

OTBC

PS - Once again well done the club - last Monday I posted that we needed strikers before the Burnley game and asked Worthy to use the two weeks well - I think he has done just that.

We could try and play eleven outfield players but I dont think the FA would approve.

It would help. On a serious note. only 2 up front it is the midfield where we need to dominate, as its a week area for us

Green

Edworthy Flemming Shackell Drury

Rivers Holt Francis Mcveigh

Huckerby Crouch

OK OK - I c***ed up!! Must have had too many beers in celebration when I wrote that.

But in his latest swoop I heard NW was after Harry Potter - he''d be able to lend someone his invisibility cloak!

That would sort it out

This is great news!
i was feeling thoroughly depressed after watching the Forest game - but Worthy has really given me the old buzz again.
My first chance to see the new boys in action will be at Gillingham, first away win perhaps?
I do think McVeigh should play in the middle where he can pull the strings a bit though, with the Mulryne, Holt and Francis behind him.
Keep it low!

Fair point, but I reckon Mr Rivers is on course for his best season yet. With his skill and pace, added to Francis'' distribution and driving runs, Huckerby''s pace and touch, Crouch''s domination and Mcveigh''s trickery, we will be irresistable going forward. But where to play them? It''s got to be the diamond - Mcveigh and Rivers with ''free roles'' and Francis and Holt/Mlryne in the middle. Brennan could always come on for Mcveigh if we wanted a flat middle 4. The important thing is that we are buliding up a better squad, especially if we sign McCourt. And why not ''do a Bolton'' and sign a load of short term players - it''ll keep the rest of our team on their toes at the very least, and we can be a VERY complacent side at times.

I love it. Even then people were saying drop Mackay and look how we regretted that. Interesting to see how opinions change after it has happened. Cool to read back at the good times though