5 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Do you think he could play in a three man defence? Talented enough to adapt and big enough.

He's 6 foot so I was also wondering whether he could convert into a centre back.

Might add a few years to his career (at some level) which after missing so much football you'd think is an attractive proposition.#

4 hours ago, rock bus said:

Actually think he’s our best fullback

Definitely the best full back at defending, and there is a time when that's what you need that more than ability on the overlap / in the final third.

And at 6ft he's like having an extra centre back on the pitch when defending set pieces, against big sides who score a lot of goals from set pieces (possibly Palace?).

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Dare I say it. If he remains injury free, his return back is like making a £12 million signing in January. Obvious Premiership quality.

Without a doubt the fact he's so injury prone was why we got him on the cheap, but he is really good fingers crossed he stays fit and injury free.otbc

What I was  most pleased to see yesterday was at one point, he really had to put on the after burners  and made a great tackle at full stretch, total commitment,  he then jumped up and carried on .....clearly  feeling good. Excellent all round  performance too  , as has been said,  like a quality  new signing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

What I was  most pleased to see yesterday was at one point, he really had to put on the after burners  and made a great tackle at full stretch, total commitment,  he then jumped up and carried on .....clearly  feeling good. Excellent all round  performance too  , as has been said,  like a quality  new signing.

I, and I suspect many others, am amazed at how good he has come back playing. I feared he would be a spent force after so long a time out of the game and such bad injuries to recover from. He seems to be playing as well as at any time in his career.

• Like 1

A model professional.  A managers dream. A new signing. Guy is a star player. Team player. 

I love to watch Sam , he is class. A versatile player who can be called upon to play in many positions. An all round good egg. 

16 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Do you think he could play in a three man defence? Talented enough to adapt and big enough.

I was thinking that. Him Grant and Ben as a back three, allowing Max and Brandon to get a bit further forward. Might be worth a try in the games against Citeh and Liverpool

The bonus of all the injuries is, if he has fully recovered he may well be able to play well into his kid to late thirties as he hasn’t worn his body out so quickly.