Honestly incredible given he's all been through. Looked very solid prior to his injury and feared the worst when it got it as most players never do recover from those sorts of injuries yet here he is just casually strolling into the team like he never left

He really is a very good player, probably one of our most talented when fit. I remember him being one of the only real consistent performers last time around in the Prem so hopefully he can stay fit as he is a real versatile asset to have.

Just now, robertociNCFC said:

He really is a very good player, probably one of our most talented when fit. I remember him being one of the only real consistent performers last time around in the Prem so hopefully he can stay fit as he is a real versatile asset to have.

Was playing on his 'wrong' side too back then iirc.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Was playing on his 'wrong' side too back then iirc.

Yep and kept Lewis out of the team until his unfortunate injury.

I never thought he would play professional football again after that terrible injury and complications. A top professional and a serious addition to our defensive options. Better defensively than Air Rons  but doesn't have that pace going forward.

• Thanks 1

He is top class and it will be essential he stays fit for us if we have a sniff at staying up (which we do).

In my opinion he looks captain material, quite vocal, tough and hell of a player

• Like 1

28 too, so plenty of miles left in those legs.

I think he'd be comfortable anywhere along the back four. 

I really really hope he can stay injury free for a good while now. Such a good player and a decent man as well by all accounts. He deserves it.

• Like 2

That extra height was nice too, few times he won the ball out wide by getting above his opponent.  Hard to believe he's been out for so long really, as he shows no signs of it affecting him mentally.

Certainly impressed given the way he’s stepped up after so long out. Decent player across the entire back line.

A modern-day Adam Drury. Might not grab the headlines but will give you consistent performances and never let you down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

It's like he's never been away. What a naturally gifted footballer he is.

I remember when he signed for west ham i thought we could of signed him.  i was gutted.   thought he would go on to play for England 

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

A modern-day Adam Drury. Might not grab the headlines but will give you consistent performances and never let you down.

Much better than Adam   although it pains me to say it

29 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Much better than Adam   although it pains me to say it

I tend to agree great player though he was it is a bit like calling Emi Buendia a modern day Paul McVeigh.

Really happy for Sam 

I just skimmed his wiki page as I was interested to know how many appearances he’s made in his career. Around 60 in 5/6 years. Poor guy, let’s hope it’s behind him now.

Anyway, whilst skimming through it said he’d once played as part of a forward three for Leeds during pre season. Can’t imagine that!

Got to say i thought he would never play again and said on here he was made of glass but today he was my MOM.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 3

Likes to drink at Strangers Coffee at the bottom of Lower Goat Lane so has good taste in coffee and supports local businesses too  😊

He had a very good game today. Won a lot of headers too, which is good to see a full back doing.

Seemed to sit deeper than Williams, that tactic was good for Wolves countering, as they played to the wings, a lot!!!!