cambridgeshire canary

Mclean scoring with a Gilmour assist.. 🥧

Pleased for them both, the only downside is that Gilmours assist means we’ve got to put up with the BBC and Chelsea fans running their mouth off about what a world beater he is.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Fantastic for both players, a quiet night on here tonight 😂

For sure.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

McLean scoring will certainly upset a few on here.

Love it. ❤️ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

McLean scoring will certainly upset a few on here.

The worst player ever to pull on a city shirt you mean? Question is, if they can’t birch about kenny or Gilmour which other poor sod is gonna get it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Pleased for them both, the only downside is that Gilmours assist means we’ve got to put up with the BBC and Chelsea fans running their mouth off about what a world beater he is.

I'm sure we can deal with  that. What a joy to win that game. Great day 👍🥳🤣💥

• Like 1

My theory that we needed less Scots in the team might not be correct, maybe we just need a team of them to get Billy performing. Gilmour clearly only assists fellow Scots.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

The worst player ever to pull on a city shirt you mean? Question is, if they can’t birch about kenny or Gilmour which other poor sod is gonna get it?

It's very hard for some to eat humble pie

F**k the part time doubters. What a cross and perfectly looped header. Straight from The training ground. 💪 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

My theory that we needed less Scots in the team might not be correct, maybe we just need a team of them to get Billy performing. Gilmour clearly only assists fellow Scots.

🤣that's true. Hanley and McLean 

Delighted for them both, would love to he proven wrong re Gilmour before his loan is up, let's hope the lad keeps it up. 

• Like 2

Is taking a decent corner* that leads to a goal an 'assist' in today's parlance? I suppose it is then.

What next? A forward who "wins" a penalty that is then converted by someone else is also accredited with an assist?

Rashica's through ball in the first half to Idah, that the striker then hit at Ruddy, was the best assist of that game. Nobody gets any credit for that though as the move didn't lead to a goal.

Do you suppose that young Gilmour also has an "ology?"

*Edit: Gilmour's free-kick .... slghtly less spurious then.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Why should it upset anyone, he’s capable of scoring, he’s capable of a good game every so often, let’s not get too carried away, he’s a decent squad player but never the answer for a starting 11 team in the premier league.

Great to see him get on the score sheet as it means we’re on a decent run. Hopefully we can draw Luton at home next round.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

Placheta is my guess.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

I thought the worse player to ever pull on a Norwich shirt was Harry Kane.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Certainly up there! He was utter pants when he was here! Pub player level.😂 

40 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Is taking a decent corner* that leads to a goal an 'assist' in today's parlance? I suppose it is then.

What next? A forward who "wins" a penalty that is then converted by someone else is also accredited with an assist?

Rashica's through ball in the first half to Idah, that the striker then hit at Ruddy, was the best assist of that game. Nobody gets any credit for that though as the move didn't lead to a goal.

I read all that 3 times and still have no idea what you are drivelling on about!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Is taking a decent corner* that leads to a goal an 'assist' in today's parlance?

Yes - that's exactly what an assist is. Well done.

44 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

He could do I guess. But which one?

Scotology?

Scatology?

Aedoeology?

Maybe all three? Skills!

OTBC

47 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yes

Yes again

I mean if it didn’t lead to a goal it’s not an assist.

Obviously assists aren’t the be all and end all of stats or evaluation of a performance, but I don’t understand your point personally.

Edited by Monty13

22 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Careful now WBB...let's not have any 'scapegoating' of poor Harry.

Management has designated this a ☁️fluffiness☁️ and 🌈rainbows zone 🌈 for at least the next 24 hours. 

Peace on Earth and goodwill to all living things. Or we'll get ya.

OTBC

18 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Yes

Yes again

I mean if it didn’t lead to a goal it’s not an assist.

Obviously assists aren’t the be all and end all of stats or evaluation of a performance, but I don’t understand your point personally.

They may not be the "be all and end all," but they never cease to be mentioned when evaluating a player's worth.

Buendia's assists record played a big part in contributing to his high fee and even now all his assists for Villa are invariably mentioned on here.  

If a free-kick/corner becomes an assist then fair enough. I've come to quite regard the stat, but feel it becomes devalued if free-kicks are included.

That's all. Not a knickers twister.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I thought our midfield did ok, not brilliant, but very workmanlike.

Billy got a good ovation when he went off. I wouldn't expect any changes for Palace, Normann won't last 90 mins.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I thought our midfield did ok, not brilliant, but very workmanlike.

Billy got a good ovation when he went off. I wouldn't expect any changes for Palace, Normann won't last 90 mins.

I expect Sargent and Pukki to start assuming both available  and Aarons

Reminds me of a Harry Redknapp Story a striker asked for 80 k a week and a Goal scoring bonus 

His reply was i am not paying you 80k a week to miss them 

Same with Mclean needs more Good games 1 or 2 good games in 10 /15 games is not enough 

Edited by norfolkngood

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

They may not be the "be all and end all," but they never cease to be mentioned when evaluating a player's worth.

Buendia's assists record played a big part in contributing to his high fee and even now all his assists for Villa are invariably mentioned on here.  

If a free-kick/corner becomes an assist then fair enough. I've come to quite regard the stat, but feel it becomes devalued if free-kicks are included.

That's all. Not a knickers twister.

Players that can hit a great set piece delivery are extremely valuable, particularly at this level.

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Reminds me of a Harry Redknapp Story a striker asked for 80 k a week and a Goal scoring bonus 

His reply was i am not paying you 80k a week to miss them 

Same with Mclean needs more Good games 1 or 2 good games in 10 /15 games is not enough 

Weird how he is our most picked midfielder under both Farke and Smith in the Premier League. Its almost like they know something we / you don't 😉

• Like 1