Sign in to follow this  
chicken

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wolves (FAC) ******

Not always pretty at the back but certainly more determined. If we don't concede then we have a chance. Conceding two or three a game gives you no chance.

Gives Deano a problem for Palace. Back to two up front or stay with todays formation.

This will keep the confidence growing. A win on Wednesday against Palace and it will be all to play for. A fifth round home draw in the Cup would be nice, preferably against the Posh so Mumba can come home.

Excellent stuff, we are so much more streetwise now. Something building under Smith now most players are back fit, the club is feeling so much more positive.

Roll on Wednesday.

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone going to give any credit to McGovern then? All were slating him at the start of this thread

I personally wasn’t slating McGovern, just questioning why Gunn was dropped when he needs game time and confidence.

McGovern did well though in the second half, kicking was very iffy throughout but nothing unexpected.

9 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

This will keep the confidence growing. A win on Wednesday against Palace and it will be all to play for. A fifth round home draw in the Cup would be nice, preferably against the Posh so Mumba can come home.

Bournemouth at home would hold some interest...

26 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Lovely stuff.

Correct me if wrong but haven’t we now won every single game where we’ve taken the lead this season? Admittedly slim pickings considering how few we’ve scored but still a good take-away. Particularly when comparing with sides like Newcastle and Burnley who have serious issues maintaining leads.

You are correct. As you say, small sample size, but getting bigger...

31 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

3 wins on the trot! Too early to say that we have turned a corner but the omens are better for Wednesday fixture.

All against PL opposition too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Burnley 0 Watford 0 for a perfect day 👍

This promises to be the ugliest, most agricultural game of football in the whole Premier season. 

EDIT: Burnley are agricultural, Watford are dirty and cynical.

Edited by canarybubbles

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Perhaps he has an injury. 

Theres a few missing tonight.

All the best 

Big Nutty Nigel

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Shows the criticism from some on here towards Smith, the board and the club during our awful period with up to 10 players out at any one time was probably hideously over the top and perhaps even dafter than it appeared to be at the time. With a full squad we've looked competitive in pretty much every game under DS.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Bournemouth at home would hold some interest...

54 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

, preferably against the Posh so Mumba can come home

Im sure both respective loan players will have a clause that they cannot play against us.

38 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

This promises to be the ugliest, most agricultural game of football in the whole Premier season. 

EDIT: Burnley are agricultural, Watford are dirty and cynical.

Cant bring myself to watch it, mainly because it'll be a dreadful game probably and I find it hard to watch a game I want to be a draw. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Im sure both respective loan players will have a clause that they cannot play against us.

Against Premier League rules but not sure about the FA Cup. I'd be amazed if it was allowed 

20 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Cant bring myself to watch it, mainly because it'll be a dreadful game probably and I find it hard to watch a game I want to be a draw. 

All it does is make me miss watching Stoke in the Prem, and that's saying something!

Just got home and that was the perfect away performance. 

Mclean was excellent and Gilmours energy was brilliant. The defence should be proud of that. Wolves had some good tricky players (Prodence & Semedo the biggest threats) and we handled them superbly

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Against Premier League rules but not sure about the FA Cup. I'd be amazed if it was allowed 

agreed - 

Just found this too - 

https://footballhandbook.com/can-loan-players-play-against-their-parent-club/

Can loan players play in the FA Cup?

Players on temporary, short term loans are required to receive written permission from their parent club to play in the FA Cup match, which the FA must receive a copy as well. Players who are on season long loans do not require this written permission from their parent club.

The rules of the FA Cup did not explicitly say whether players are able to play against their parent clubs.

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I personally wasn’t slating McGovern, just questioning why Gunn was dropped when he needs game time and confidence.

McGovern did well though in the second half, kicking was very iffy throughout but nothing unexpected.

Yes McGovern did well but all the saves were straightforward.

I assumed Gunn was left out as he is the current league starter in Krul’s absence.

18 minutes ago, duke63 said:

We are getting more streetwise and more competitive as a result..

We have more experience in the squad this time round.

When you look back at the last Premier League campaign it was Krul, Hanley and Byram. No one else had any, and two of that trio were out injured. Add into that how many players we had who were just inexperienced full stop. Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, all 21 and under, Cantwell too, Buendia was what? 22? Idah 18.

I think we are starting to see a bit more experience having it's impact. Hanley and Gibson have both played at this level before. As has Kabak, even though he is 21. Normann too. And so have all of those youngsters who played two seasons ago.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Mclean was excellent and Gilmours energy was brilliant. The defence should be proud of that. Wolves had some good tricky players (Prodence & Semedo the biggest threats) and we handled them superbly

Great to hear that. I watched it on the wireless and they saw the same game as you.👍

53 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

agreed - 

Just found this too - 

https://footballhandbook.com/can-loan-players-play-against-their-parent-club/

Can loan players play in the FA Cup?

Players on temporary, short term loans are required to receive written permission from their parent club to play in the FA Cup match, which the FA must receive a copy as well. Players who are on season long loans do not require this written permission from their parent club.

The rules of the FA Cup did not explicitly say whether players are able to play against their parent clubs.

My God! 

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Great to hear that. I watched it on the wireless and they saw the same game as you.👍

Who saw the same game as me? 

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Snap Dr G. My first game for a while and really enjoyed it!

Apart from their shot which hit the post, we were largely untroubled. The midfield did well and the whole defence held firm, with a special mention for Williams. 

Very professional performance and the best team won. I haven't given up hope that we can avoid the drop on this evidence. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Who saw the same game as me? 

Mark Rivers, Rob Butler and Chris Goreham. 

It was a different game on the match thread so I was glad you posted.

• Like 1