Sign in to follow this  
chicken

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wolves (FAC) ******

As much as I'm pleased that McLean has scored, surely we have to agree that McLean and Lees-Melou as a combination in the centre of the park does not work very well?

I’m sure there was at least one doom monger on here who said Normann wouldn’t play again for us 😳

2 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Yes really. Whether you or I agree or not they clearly aren't taking any risks to make sure one of our two first choice keepers is available for the next league game. I wouldn't have complained had Gunn played but I can absolutely see the logic in resting him today.

Yep sorry I don't think your explanation is wrong, just not sure I agree with the logic.

I'd say the positives of playing Gunn outweigh the risk of injury, yes he is a player of importance, while Krul is out, but he also clearly needs minutes to build confidence having endured a really rocky couple of seasons. Before the Watford game his 3 games for NCFC were 0-3, 0-5 and 0-3. One game further back to his last Southampton game probably about 18-24 months ago was the 0-9 defeat! He clearly needs to put that awful spell far far behind him. A cup fixture provides a good opportunity to continue that turnaround.

Rashica, Hanley, Gibson and Williams are all as important to Wednesday's game, don't need the minutes, nor the 'confidence' boost, and are also much more likely to get injured playing outfield, yet Smith was happy to play them. So why not Gunn? 

I'm not advocating that those 4 shouldn't have started btw, just trying to understand the logic of dropping Gunn. Overall it seems a little OTT.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

As much as I'm pleased that McLean has scored, surely we have to agree that McLean and Lees-Melou as a combination in the centre of the park does not work very well?

But we won 3-0 at Watford?!?!?!

(I agree with you)

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

But we won 3-0 at Watford?!?!?!

(I agree with you)

Said before, that was a strange game in that we looked the better side when Lungi was on, then he got injured and Watford started getting on top. Most of us thought we were lucky to get to half-time level as they turned the screw, then we got a counter to stick with Sargent's scorpion kick, and that seemed to knock the stuffing out of them.

EDIT: News just in, Mumba's set up a goal for Posh against QPR.

Edited by TheGunnShow

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Standing ovation for Gilmour.

Useless c**t he is. 🤣🥳👍

A goal always helps confidence. Not one of ur starting players at Palace had scored a premiership goal

Only just turned it on but I do have some very valuable insight: Normann, bring the blonde hair back.

Cambridge against Luton looks like an old boys game for us. Hoolahan starting for Cambridge, Jed Steer's making his debut for Luton and Cameron Jerome's up top for them.

1 minute ago, kirku said:

Only just turned it on but I do have some very valuable insight: Normann, bring the blonde hair back.

Not from where I'm sitting.

Edited by All the Germans

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Ref getting card happy.

He's gone crazy the past 10 minutes. Did he bet on Wolves or what!?

ref just giving wolves everything at the moment, even like 80 / 20s in our favour... ****.

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Not from where I'm sitting.

I'm struggling to tell them apart!

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Ref getting card happy.

Strange that no Wolves bookings yet; underlines their not very competitive approach?

Edited by shefcanary

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

5 yellow cards now. We don't need a stupid red.

I think all the cards in FA cup only impact FA cup games. New rules for this year.  

Edited by Norfolk Dan
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Is that ****er Lawro going to get it right?

Shhhh ffs shef😊

• Haha 1