Sign in to follow this  
chicken

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wolves (FAC) ******

May be an image of 3 people and text
3pm (GMT) KO away to Wolves in the FA Cup at Molineux.
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF Helsinki 17:00 Toronto 10:00 Norwich 15:00 WOLVERHAMPTONWANDERERSV NORWICHCITY Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 23:00 Pristina 16:00 Abu Dhabi 19:00 Athens 17:00 Rio De Janeiro 12:00 Seoul 00:00 Hong Kong 23:00 Bangkok 22:00 Nairobi 18:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 12:00 Sydney 02:00"

May be an image of stadium and outdoors

Videos:

Articles:
Unusually, the BBC don't seem to have much build up on their page for this game. So had a look at Wolves' own site for some info on their state of play.
The PinkUn pre match presser can be found here.
The Canaries.co.uk preview with Tim Spiers from The Athletic.

Ins, outs, shake it all abouts:
Norwich: Normann and Gilmour both fit and back in contention. Rupp and Omobamidele back in training but too soon for Wolves, more likely to be back in contention for Wednesday against Palace. Sorenson recovery going well and injury not as bad as first thought, not thought to be a long absence. Krul looks like he could miss most of February if not all of it, but is doing some light training. Zimmermann is also back in training having played for the U23's as well I believe.
Wolves: Saiss and Jimenez have just returned from international duty and are unlikely to be rushed back. Jonny has been training this week but Lage has said he'll be selecting from the same group as the Brentford fixture. Ruddy is often used in cup games, and the likes of Hoever, Marcal and Trincao may hope for minutes having been benched for the Brentford game.

A little bit of Knowledge:
Wolves were founder members of the Football League in 1888 and finished 3rd in the inaugural season and lost in the FA Cup final to Preston. Wolves were also the first club to score 7,000 league goals when Seol Ki-Hyeon scored in the 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace on 10 December, 2006. Around the millennium, Norwich fans came to dislike Wolves quite strongly after a certain, very nasty, Kevin Muscat smashed a young Craig Bellamy leaving him in a heap and a serious injury. Iwan Roberts would later dish out some justice... 

Rays funds for the CSF:
As usual Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs has a thread for this week and you certainly all should have a look and consider joining in.

Something Extra:

Edited by chicken
  • Thanks 7

Deleted my team image. 

Run out for Gilmore... Not going to be fun afternoon with that midfield 3. 

FK1W8BVX0AY17lc.jpeg

Edited by Norfolk Dan
Remove team

My butt hole is already clenching at the prospect of McGovern between the sticks.

“Perhaps” all those that whinged about us signing Gunn will realise his worth today. 

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

My butt hole is already clenching at the prospect of McGovern between the sticks.

“Perhaps” all those that whinged about us signing Gunn will realise his worth today. 

Or it could go the other way and people remember why McGovern is known and famous worldwide as the 'Norn Iron Buffon'

FA Cup 5th Round to be played midweek first week of March.  3 days before Brentford do we really want to win this tie as Bees looks winnable and look unlikely to progress this afternoon.  Midweek round a little strange.  

You'd think you'd want Gunn starting to get some more games under his belt or is it simply a case of McGovern getting time as well should he be needed or giving  Gunn competition.

Normann super sub!

I'm not jumping on either the anti-McLean or the anti-PLM bandwagons, but I worry about them as a pairing. So far they just haven't worked well as a pair because they tend to do the same thing, neither of them is very disciplined positionally, and we end up losing all shape. Hope I'm eating my words by the end of the game, but if our midfield suddenly looks awful again, I really think we shouldn't play them together on the pitch in future. Just one or the other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pete said:

FA Cup 5th Round to be played midweek first week of March.  3 days before Brentford do we really want to win this tie as Bees looks winnable and look unlikely to progress this afternoon.  Midweek round a little strange.  

It's because of the winter break 

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

I'm not jumping on either the anti-McLean or the anti-PLM bandwagons, but I worry about them as a pairing. So far they just haven't worked well as a pair because they tend to do the same thing, neither of them is very disciplined positionally, and we end up losing all shape. Hope I'm eating my words by the end of the game, but if our midfield suddenly looks awful again, I really think we shouldn't play them together on the pitch in future. Just one or the other.

Nevermind Gilmour trying to do a Kante impression at defensive midfield

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Or it could go the other way and people remember why McGovern is known and famous worldwide as the 'Norn Iron Buffon'

Non Iron buffoon. 

6 minutes ago, pete said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that if we don't get through and one of our opponents for the postponed games is available, that we may well face them instead of a cup game, at least at that week at some point. 

Looked at that midfield three and thought "yeesh". At the same time, the lads need minutes in their legs, and that Palace game is more important.

Either my eyes are deceiving me, or Rashica is faintly looking like a young Norman Pace on that starting XI presser.

Well that lineup is definitely a thing.

Thanks OP for another cracking intro and for the u23 highlights 👍

Damn, If Rashica was Scottish we'd have a highland 4-in-a-row going diagonal there.  That said, I don't fancy McCracken wide left. 🙂

And agree with comment above, great intro @chicken

Edited by Google Bot

It seemed pretty likely to me that McG would start between the sticks, no point risking your current number one with either injury or red card with important league games coming up. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Ruddy in goal inly change for Wolves, makes it tricky strong team.  If Sargent just out surely some must now need to isolate?

I'd imagine stomach issue or something for it to be that late in the day, or could be something at home.  They wouldn't have tests 30 minutes before kick off would they?  They are checked in the morning I presumed.

Hope all is ok with him, anyway.   Any chance we could put McCracken in goal and not on the bench, though? 🙂

Edited by Google Bot

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

We thought we might have a Greek wonder pairing down that wing, but they are both looking surplus to requirements at the moment.

Goes to take a pen against the wishes of the team and manager, misses and then is invisible for the rest of the season.. dear oh dear

OK, Przemek, show them you belong!

Gotta admit, it could be pretty entertaining with Rashica down one wing and our jet-heeled Pole down the other if it clicks.