Sign in to follow this  
Canarybee

Bournmouth v Boreham Wood

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If you have an asset you probably want to sell you shouldn’t say he’s got a bad attitude in the public arena.

let the buying team find that out for themselves.

So you are calling Dean Smith a blatant liar. That's disrespectful.

3 minutes ago, Pugin said:

All managers tell lies to suit the narrative, where have you been since the invention of football?? 😉

It might be me and I will say from the start, I have always thought Todd was a good championship player and a vary average premier League player. 

My point is Todd looks to me, and he is not the only one, someone who plays more for his stats than his performance. Always making a 5 meter pass for the stats, always on the move even when in space to get the running figures up. I might be the only one who sees this and might be wide of the mark. The players who take risks with reward always have the poor stats but can win you a game. 

3 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

It might be me and I will say from the start, I have always thought Todd was a good championship player and a vary average premier League player. 

My point is Todd looks to me, and he is not the only one, someone who plays more for his stats than his performance. Always making a 5 meter pass for the stats, always on the move even when in space to get the running figures up. I might be the only one who sees this and might be wide of the mark. The players who take risks with reward always have the poor stats but can win you a game. 

i always thought Todd was a good PL Player who could of got a big Move BUT when that big move did not happen something changed i do not believe it is form , hardly played enough where other players have had more games to find form ,

Had Cantwell still 3 years left on his contract the narrative may well have been different. As it stands the club is in damage limitation mode and trying to at least get something for him, and Deano knows that now is not the right time to say he has a bad attitude.

It will all come out in the wash and Bournemouth will either cough up the £11m or decide he's a luxury they don't need and foot his **** back to Norwich.

Why has this thread gone into a Cantwellfest! Who really cares he’s not out on loan to get fit for a return he’s made it clear he wants a new challenge for whatever reason is really behind it! 
But really well done to Boreham Wood……brilliant and shows how much the fa cup means to real football clubs.

15 minutes ago, Pugin said:

He…embellished the core element of right and wrong … ness for the clubs interest.

for that, he should be applauded

Deano said he was ready to be included and Cantwell withdrew, so there was something not right, Farke was blamed and the new manager couldn’t change the situation so let’s move on!

Edited by Indy

25 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i always thought Todd was a good PL Player who could of got a big Move BUT when that big move did not happen something changed i do not believe it is form , hardly played enough where other players have had more games to find form ,

He had a purple patch but his form has never been consistent. In so many games he keeps the ball but makes no real impact on the game. I have never seen what all the fuss was about to be honest. Let's hope he has another purple patch and we get good money for him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Did you not hear the commentator say Deano had no problem with his attitude or fitness? He had simply not shown the firm to be an EPL player that he did two seasons ago.

Can we stop the inaccurate statements.

I don't think you can read anything into Smith's comments, at all. We will want a fee for the guy in summer, why on earth would he want to speak of attitude issues? 

Maybe read Michael Bailey's most recent article on him, certainly does has a strong whiff of a man who got too big for his boots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Do remember he’s playing against a National League side….he ‘ought’ to look a completely different class.

Totally fair, but I did still think Cantwell was probably the stand out out of the Bournemouth players too. Good to see him looking effective at least - a bit sad if he finds form as can't for the life of me ever see him back here!

Bit late to this thread but isn't it funny how Bournemouth think they're massive for getting todd, then lose to Boreham after fielding a pretty strong side 🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20220208-063213_Instagram.jpg