Sign in to follow this  
astro

Our loans

I was at the Sunderland v Doncaster match at the weekend. Josh Martin was very impressive, i know its league one but i still feel there is a player there for us. More so if we are in the championship next season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is there not a change to the rules regarding loans coming up with the number allowed out from each club? Or did I dream this? Please ignore if I've missed this being mentioned in the thread. 

On 04/02/2022 at 12:18, Mengo said:

And we have. Todd Cantwell was the last Norwich City player to make a temporary move elsewhere for the season taking the total number of players out on loan to 18. Playing the same game then surely 🤔

I wish we were up to the same thing, I see it much more as us hedging our bets about what league we are in next season, and the fact that championship level players will be attract to us as they will think they may get the chance to prove themselves in the EPL.  We therefore have a crop of talented players but they either aren’t good enough to get in our EPL squad, or need to develop more.  There are also a number of very good players on our books who historically would have left for a fee who are hanging around because the value for championship level players has evaporated.

13 hours ago, Mutley said:

Is there not a change to the rules regarding loans coming up with the number allowed out from each club? Or did I dream this? Please ignore if I've missed this being mentioned in the thread. 

There is but they are pretty superficial changes.

You can loan out a max of 8 players but this doesn't include those who are 'club trained' those who count as 'home grown in nation' and those under the age of 21. 

So of our current crop out on loan I think only Daniel Sinani and Onel Hernandez would be included in our 8 allowed, the rest all count as exempt if I'm reading correctly.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

You can loan out a max of 8 players but this doesn't include those who are 'club trained' those who count as 'home grown in nation' and those under the age of 21. 

So of our current crop out on loan I think only Daniel Sinani and Onel Hernandez would be included in our 8 allowed, the rest all count as exempt if I'm reading correctly.

Drmic ? 

Soto ? 

Edited by Haus

1 hour ago, Haus said:

Drmic ? 

Soto ? 

Yep, missed Drmic.

Soto a bit of a grey area- he turned 21 in July so he may still count as u21 for this season, I'm not sure when the cut off date is. 

On 07/02/2022 at 09:50, canarycat said:

I was at the Sunderland v Doncaster match at the weekend. Josh Martin was very impressive, i know its league one but i still feel there is a player there for us. More so if we are in the championship next season. 

Hoping he scores a couple tonight! 😉 #slapthebluescum

On 08/02/2022 at 10:31, king canary said:

Helpful - many thanks 🙂