cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell set to go on loan at Bournmouth?

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I really want Bournemouth to miss out on promotion now! 

Why?

On 30/01/2022 at 11:39, Norfolk Dan said:

I live in Bournemouth, so will head down to Asda and keep you all updated.

So I am just back from Asda again. Strange things happen, with the bump of the Quag thread I felt a tad nostalgic so procured the finest Asda cheeseboard. 

As I queued up I looked over my shoulder and once again spotted a long blond haired chap... Given it's that transfer day of the year... Could it really be Todd or could it be CMS himself... You decide...

IMG_20220131_201138.jpg

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Genuine question, not putting the lad down but it is almost universally accepted that he had a great season last year, was he?

Yes, he was excellent last year.

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

Calm down, kid

🤣

Indeed! I find it soo funny to refer to anyone over 20 as a kid! 😉

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Indeed! I find it soo funny to refer to anyone over 20 as a kid! 😉

I kid

39 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

As I understand it Cantwell is out of contract at the end of the season so to get 11 mil for him now + a loan fee is a master stroke 

a petulant child who throws his toys out of his pram when he doesn’t get his own way 

dont we have a one year option?

41 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

So I am just back from Asda again. Strange things happen, with the bump of the Quag thread I felt a tad nostalgic so procured the finest Asda cheeseboard. 

As I queued up I looked over my shoulder and once again spotted a long blond haired chap... Given it's that transfer day of the year... Could it really be Todd or could it be CMS himself... You decide...

IMG_20220131_201138.jpg

Maybe he has read the Lambo forum and they say Supermarket fuel is not good enough for Lambo's

2 hours ago, kirku said:

£11m for an English attacking midfielder in his early 20s that's had standout seasons in the PL and Champ is an absolute pittance

His 'stand out' season in the PL was a bit of a red herring. He scored some fine opportunist goals, but he didn't do much else or stand out in the way he should for the creative player he's made out to be. 

He's going to the Championship for a reason. That's his level. And good luck to him. 

• Like 1

I don’t really care about Cantwell going, if he’s disruptive he’s got to go but what I can’t be arsed with is

> inevitably scoring against us in some form

> “Todd Cantwell - My Story. The tell all truth of a local boy, misunderstood”

Have to say this impending outward transfer makes the non-recall of Hernandez all the more of a shame.

If you're looking at our bench to bring fresh legs on for a wide position , I'd still bring him on ahead of Placheta,Tzolis or Dowell

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

2 hours ago, Ash.m87 said:

I cannot find the article, but I read Norwich wouldn’t consider letting him go to premier league club and preferred an overseas loan. This was after Newcastle apparently showed interest (after their money influx I’m sure).

But fair point, couldn’t see another club needing to take a chance on him right now.

Fair enough, I hadn't seen than article. 

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Reading this thread, I’m confused. This hasn’t been announced yet has it?

Passed his medical this afternoon, all but done now just some i dotting and t crossing left. 

Sad , but the evidence seems to point to a great potential with skill, let down by an appalling immature attitude. There are hundreds like him who never achieve the level that their initial potential could have prescribed. Saddest thing is that not many will miss him and will be glad to see him move on. Good luck Todd.

1 hour ago, kirku said:

Why?

Because if- by a miracle - we survive and they don’t go up- Cantwell will have egg on his face which he deserves for the shoddy way he’s behaved this season - taking good wages and putting no effort in when he was needed. just watch him suddenly find form now he’s got he’s way 

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Because if- by a miracle - we survive and they don’t go up- Cantwell will have egg on his face which he deserves for the shoddy way he’s behaved this season - taking good wages and putting no effort in when he was needed. just watch him suddenly find form now he’s got he’s way 

I'm not sure he has got his way, not sure why he'd be stropping the way he has to drop down a level to go to Bournemouth, Scott Parker isn't that much of a pull, and even if they go up he's no better off as he'll just be at the relegation favourites again. 

Can see him being crap for them as I don't think it's actually what he wanted in his head he thinks he should be at Villa or somewhere. 

On 30/01/2022 at 11:39, Norfolk Dan said:

I live in Bournemouth, so will head down to Asda and keep you all updated.

Decided for a change of approach. So headed over to Asda in Poole, my thinking being it is closer to "Sandbanks" in the hope I would get the exclusive "Hot Toddy" news. 

As you can guess, not a Carl Court or a CMS in sight. 

I'm throwing my toys out the pram in the hope that like minds attract and Todd joins me.... Final update to follow... 

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not sure he has got his way, not sure why he'd be stropping the way he has to drop down a level to go to Bournemouth, Scott Parker isn't that much of a pull, and even if they go up he's no better off as he'll just be at the relegation favourites again. 

Can see him being crap for them as I don't think it's actually what he wanted in his head he thinks he should be at Villa or somewhere. 

Indeed as 'getting his way' would probably be joining a solid Prem club like his dream club Leeds.

Dropping down a divison to play for Bourmouth who despite having been a Prem club recently and having rich owners are far from being either a big or attractive club (And who have a rusty 11,000 capacity stadium that stuggles to get 8 to 9 thousand fans to turn up..) is not what I would call 'getting his way'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed as 'getting his way' would probably be joining a solid Prem club like his dream club Leeds.

Dropping down a divison to play for Bourmouth who despite having been a Prem club recently and having rich owners are far from being either a big or attractive club (And who have a rusty 11,000 capacity stadium that stuggles to get 8 to 9 thousand fans to turn up..) is not what I would call 'getting his way'

i would want to play in The PL against the best players in the best league ,He could of got his head down another season like his last PL and he would of got more clubs interested

if he has a stinker at Bournemouth and they fail to go up where next ? slippery slope and soon forgotten 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So it's only a option? That's sh*t, was hoping they would have to buy him if they went up.