cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell set to go on loan at Bournmouth?

8 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Are you suggesting I have too much time on my hands? 

I wasn’t aware you were privy to my life. 

Im entitled to my opinion much like you are, in this instance it’s based on my knowledge / experience that’s a little closer to the situation than most. 

Ah, another "In the know"... 

So have others lied about close family loss then?

Smith and Farke are both liars too?

And yes, that this is such a big deal to people does suggest that either they don't have enough else going on or they are desperate to invest in something else going on to distract from whatever other things are going on. Not my preferred method of escapism. Clear plenty on here choose it though - we've had quite the list of conspiracies about it.

Edited by chicken

16 minutes ago, chicken said:

Ah, another "In the know"... 

So have others lied about close family loss then?

Smith and Farke are both liars too?

And yes, that this is such a big deal to people does suggest that either they don't have enough else going on or they are desperate to invest in something else going on to distract from whatever other things are going on. Not my preferred method of escapism. Clear plenty on here choose it though - we've had quite the list of conspiracies about it.

A couple of things - 

1. You’ve mentioned you have some dealing in psychology in the past. As such you, of all people, should recognise Todd’s various personalities; from his cryptic social media posts verses his “professional” demeanour in those club released videos. His lacquer in the media is clear to see, almost like a bravado to protect himself, where he comes across as arrogant. I’m not going to sit and write a paper on him as I can’t be bothered but it’s plain to see.  
  2. This is a football forum, why do you feel the need to undermine others’ opinions despite their outlandish nature from time to time? The clue’s in the word “forum” - you leave common sense at the door, it’s meant to be a gossip corner. No need to take it so seriously and fight fires. No one invited you to. 

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

A couple of things - 

1. You’ve mentioned you have some dealing in psychology in the past. As such you, of all people, should recognise Todd’s various personalities; from his cryptic social media posts verses his “professional” demeanour in those club released videos. His lacquer in the media is clear to see, almost like a bravado to protect himself, where he comes across as arrogant. I’m not going to sit and write a paper on him as I can’t be bothered but it’s plain to see.  
  2. This is a football forum, why do you feel the need to undermine others’ opinions despite their outlandish nature from time to time? The clue’s in the word “forum” - you leave common sense at the door, it’s meant to be a gossip corner. No need to take it so seriously and fight fires. No one invited you to. 

1) Some, not seen anything from Cantwell we haven't seen from other players. People are calling things cryptic because they want to read more into than perhaps is there. For example, it started off with people saying he was posing too much, then it turned out it was with sponsors clothing etc, and Godfrey was doing the same/similar. I don't claim to be "in the know" to convince people my 'opinion' has more founding than anyone else's. I have zero contacts. Family loss makes sense though as Mick Dennis, who is relatively well informed, was on twitter sharing it was family related issues, when the official line was "personal issues". There is a lot more evidence for that than anything else at this point, and it all adds up too, even a sense that he may be putting up a front.

2) Lol! It's a forum. If you can say what you want, expect people to challenge it as well. It's like a virtual speakers corner. I recommend anyone that can, does visit it in London. It's great entertainment and you get a feel for what a forum is. You get all sorts of speakers there, some deliberately looney - one chap was dressed as the devil and was almost a comedy act when I visited. But if you are being very serious and preaching outlandish stuff you'll get heckled, you'll get called out on it.

I think the real tip here is, don't claim your opinion is "based on my knowledge / experience that’s a little closer to the situation than most" when it isn't. I share I have some knowledge of something, because I have 'some'. I'm not an expert. I only have intermediate qualifications that don't qualify me to diagnose. Though they certainly wouldn't say diagnose on the basis of rumour, some Instagram posts and a relatively normal footballer post signing interview.