cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell set to go on loan at Bournmouth?

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not displeased to see him at another club. Good chance for him to have a fresh start and also shows we can move on without the distraction that he had become.

i think he will shine and play really well for 5 months get the move then settle into his old ways , 

£10 says he will be a guest on Canary Call in 2045 - when Delia is still clinging on to power aged 157 - and admit he wishes he had done things differently and stayed 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wow. Seems like all was good and togetherness at little old Norwich. Amazing.  🙃

I look at it this way, scored some great goals, saw his first senior one against Rotherham in that amazing 18/19 season, has provided some great moments and I thank the guy for it. I hope he’s inspired some kids from Dereham too. 

Its a bit sad he’s left as he has but I wish the guy well. I hope he settles in and cracks on. Just became apparent he thought himself bigger than the club which is a shame or that’s the way his frustration manifested itself. But the guys’ 23 so plenty of time to grow up. Unfortunately not all players can be as resolutely professional as Aarons, but such is life. 

He moves on and so do we. They’ll be another hero sooner or later, just a shame it’s likely they won’t be from Dereham!

7 minutes ago, mastoola said:

I wonder when the truth behind Todd and what went on with ncfc will start to come out?

I think it's relatively simple. He fell out with Webber over contracts, but was good on the pitch which was the main thing. Then this season he fell out with Farke after he was left out of the team as it went more defensive. Everything else is just tittle tattle.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I think it's relatively simple. He fell out with Webber over contracts, but was good on the pitch which was the main thing. Then this season he fell out with Farke after he was left out of the team as it went more defensive. Everything else is just tittle tattle.

maybe

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

yes i saw that ! sounds it was pretty bad at the end 

Cantwell hopes to kickstart his career with Scott Parker’s side and help them get back in the Premier League. 

“It’s something I wanted to get done. I wanted to get out and as soon as I knew it was a possibility it was a pretty easy option for me,” he told the Bournemouth website. 

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Still no explanation mind. Must have been poor if you can't get starts until two completely different managers nevermind one.

Still, Past is the past. Best of luck to him.

Says it all really, so Bournemouth wasn’t his choice it was the only route out! Wow and there’s still those who have some background stories of why Cantwell decided not to train and play for the club. Well glad it’s all done and I hope for his sake he doesn’t do the same otherwise he’ll be back in the summer! If he is I’d extend his contract and make him play in the under 23’s!

First words "I wanted to get out"  the attraction of Bournemouth doesn't appear to be the prime reason for this move?

Looks pale, thin-faced, drawn and lacking confidence in that interview 

Something isn't right, I only hope for Todd's sake he can swing this around 

7 minutes ago, Taylor324 said:

First words "I wanted to get out"  the attraction of Bournemouth doesn't appear to be the prime reason for this move?

Looks pale, thin-faced, drawn and lacking confidence in that interview 

Something isn't right, I only hope for Todd's sake he can swing this around 

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Says it all really, so Bournemouth wasn’t his choice it was the only route out! Wow and there’s still those who have some background stories of why Cantwell decided not to train and play for the club. Well glad it’s all done and I hope for his sake he doesn’t do the same otherwise he’ll be back in the summer! If he is I’d extend his contract and make him play in the under 23’s!

To be fair when you had a bunch of top 6 clubs Prem showng interest in you the year before and then here we are now and the only club you can secure a move to is the OAP bus-stop known as Bournmouth in a lower divison you'd not be feeling too good about it I wager.

Seen some comments on social media of Bournmouth fans being a little bemused with all this and seemingly both happy to have gained him as a player but at the same time are clearly aware they were not his first choice, far from it..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

I wonder how much game time he’ll get, they are third in the table with a game in hand on second and just signed four  other players

9 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I wonder how much game time he’ll get, they are third in the table with a game in hand on second and just signed four  other players

Depends on if he bothers to turn up to training or not 😉

sky sports stated  we would not sell to another PL team , so he had little choice 

Edited by norfolkngood

On 01/02/2022 at 22:28, norfolkngood said:

sky sports stated  we would not sell to another PL team , so he had little choice 

Presumably if true it means another bottom 5/6 PL team, rather than one that is clearly not going to get relegated.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 13:04, cambridgeshire canary said:

Must have been poor if you can't get starts until two completely different managers nevermind one

But he did , DS started him (twice?) so doubly poor that the new manger gives you the chance you have been begging for and you can’t take it. 

On 31/01/2022 at 11:56, AJ said:

Not sure what you have against Surman, he left us and got promoted back to the PL where he was a regular player for 5 of his 6 seasons at Bournemouth. 

Nothing against him. He was a lower Prem / Upper Champ player in my eyes as is Cantwell.

On 01/02/2022 at 20:55, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He definitely says "I wanted to get out and get playing".

https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/interviews/cantwell-discusses-the-move-family-and-football/

The Pinkun doesn't include that in their quote which is unfair.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/interviews/cantwell-discusses-the-move-family-and-football/

Why does he think he’ll get to play more in a top championship team than a struggling premiership team? Most players would battle together into a premiership team?

Also he’ll have to up his game in training to gain more playing time at Bournemouth, they have a decent squad there.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Why does he think he’ll get to play more in a top championship team than a struggling premiership team? Most players would battle together into a premiership team?

Also he’ll have to up his game in training to gain more playing time at Bournemouth, they have a decent squad there.

I have no doubt about any of that but I was just pointing out that the Pinkun quote isn't complete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Cheers for that. I didn't realise that was the full quote as I hadn't seen the video; I just read the Pink Un article with the quotes. 

I agree, it is definitely misleading, and intentional I'd imagine.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 20:50, lake district canary said:

I am pretty sure that it was a little bit more complicated than that. The truth will come out one day.........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

On 01/02/2022 at 20:03, Danke bitte said:

I look at it this way, scored some great goals, saw his first senior one against Rotherham in that amazing 18/19 season, has provided some great moments and I thank the guy for it. I hope he’s inspired some kids from Dereham too. 

Its a bit sad he’s left as he has but I wish the guy well. I hope he settles in and cracks on. Just became apparent he thought himself bigger than the club which is a shame or that’s the way his frustration manifested itself. But the guys’ 23 so plenty of time to grow up. Unfortunately not all players can be as resolutely professional as Aarons, but such is life. 

He moves on and so do we. They’ll be another hero sooner or later, just a shame it’s likely they won’t be from Dereham!

It didn't become "apparent" at all. Very little evidence if any to support that "theory". Just another tired old boring one made up by someone with far too much time on their hands and relies upon Smith, Farke and Webber all lying.

14 minutes ago, chicken said:

It didn't become "apparent" at all. Very little evidence if any to support that "theory". Just another tired old boring one made up by someone with far too much time on their hands and relies upon Smith, Farke and Webber all lying.

An interesting take on the subject ......conspiratorial even 😮

9 minutes ago, chicken said:

It definitely did.

I don't understand where Farke lying comes into it, he called Cantwell out for it various times as he tried to get Cantwell to recover focus. It worked in 20/21 during his other episode (another strong indicator of his attitude) but sadly didn't work this season. 

And Smith did publicly back Cantwell recently, yes, but it was mentioned during a time where he is away on loan and looking to be sold in the summer for the best possible price. Funny that. 

Where Farke was simply trying to get Cantwell to sort his **** out, Smith now knows that it cannot be sorted. Hence the change in narrative.

If there hasn't been an attitude from Cantwell then how would you summarise the events chicken, how does a player go from one of our brightest prospects and most important players to actively being offloaded for one third of his market value as recently as 6-7 months ago?

All that had been put down to Farke was now an issue that included two head coaches. Despite Smith’s appreciation of Cantwell’s ability, there was a sense his early conversations were having little impact on the player’s performance levels.

Others at the club observed a difference between Cantwell’s current performance levels and his perception of where he should be at, whether that is club football or beyond.

31 minutes ago, chicken said:

Are you suggesting I have too much time on my hands? 

I wasn’t aware you were privy to my life. 

Im entitled to my opinion much like you are, in this instance it’s based on my knowledge / experience that’s a little closer to the situation than most. 

• Like 1