cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell set to go on loan at Bournmouth?

40 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

So, now he's left do we forsee Webber and/or Smith coming out and explaining what has happened whereby a player who was was being touted at £30m not so long ago , was deemed unplayable by 2 different managers and who's stock has fallen so badly that he's shuffled out on loan to the Championship where we somehow get neither the player or any money for him?

I've been a fan of this club for 42 yrs this year and have never known a situation like this here.

I can't see how this doesnt warrant some kind of explanation from the top?

I cant see much coming out until hes made a permanent transfer somewhere.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

So, now he's left do we forsee Webber and/or Smith coming out and explaining what has happened whereby a player who was was being touted at £30m not so long ago , was deemed unplayable by 2 different managers and who's stock has fallen so badly that he's shuffled out on loan to the Championship where we somehow get neither the player or any money for him?

I've been a fan of this club for 42 yrs this year and have never known a situation like this here.

I can't see how this doesnt warrant some kind of explanation from the top?

Well if the Cantwell affair requires 'some kind of explanation from the top' I'd really hate to think of the kind of explanation that Arsenal are going to have to give their fans about Aubamayeng 🤣

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Well if the Cantwell affair requires 'some kind of explanation from the top' I'd really hate to think of the kind of explanation that Arsenal are going to have to give their fans about Aubamayeng 🤣

At least they got something from Arteta with the 'breach of discipline' line....all we had with Cantwell every week for months on end was a string of differing lies and excuses as to why he wasnt in that week's matchday sqaud.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

At least they got something from Arteta with the 'breach of discipline' line....all we had with Cantwell every week for months on end was a string of differing lies and excuses as to why he wasnt in that week's matchday sqaud.

I agree that it's got a bit ridiculous over the last few months, but Farke clearly explained why Cantwell was dropped from the squad last season. 

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I know we have a year's option, but if he isn't bought, would we exercise that option, given that a player with only a year left would not have a great value?  The club could just save the wages - and potential hassle - by letting him go. 

Yes, of course we would. Even if it meant selling him for £2m, that's better than nothing isn't it.

15 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Yes, of course we would. Even if it meant selling him for £2m, that's better than nothing isn't it.

£2m would be fantastic, we only wanted 30 odd million for him last summer. 

Well, I'm glad this sorry saga is over, for now...

But I think it's an indication of how far Todd's stock has fallen this season that, apparently, no Prem club came in for him and that Webber doesn't appear to have been able to negotiate an obligation to buy if they're promoted. 

8 hours ago, WD40 said:

Certainly talking like it’s the end. Sorry don’t believe you always gave your “upmost” for the team. 

889BA3CF-0806-49A0-A5E0-A0F0CC822C68.jpeg

8 hours ago, Mengo said:

I know posters don’t like it when anyone on here tries to decipher Todd’s posts, but both of these messages clearly do not read like a player who is simply leaving the club on just a 5 month loan…. Be very surprised if we ever see him in an NCFC shirt again.

9 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Because if- by a miracle - we survive and they don’t go up- Cantwell will have egg on his face which he deserves for the shoddy way he’s behaved this season - taking good wages and putting no effort in when he was needed. just watch him suddenly find form now he’s got he’s way 

Even if that were to happen, why would he have "egg on his face"?

It's clear he needs two things from a footballing perspective: to play and to not be at Norwich.

For someone who seems to want a detrimental scenario to play out, why wouldn't you want them to be promoted so that they're more likely, or even obliged, to make the deal permanent?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

His 'stand out' season in the PL was a bit of a red herring. He scored some fine opportunist goals, but he didn't do much else or stand out in the way he should for the creative player he's made out to be. 

He's going to the Championship for a reason. That's his level. And good luck to him. 

He's going to the Championship because of everything that's transpired this season.

As for the "red herring", I completely disagree.

He was one of our best players that season, was full of confidence (see the penalty at Spurs in the cup), and was regularly getting plaudits, u21 call ups, and being linked to bigger teams. 

sky last night they said Norwich refused to sell to another PL club was that just yesterday or in the summer ?

I think he fell out higher up than farke and smith 

maybe refused a move maybe asking silly wages on new contract who knows but he did want to play or train 100%

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

£2m would be fantastic, we only wanted 30 odd million for him last summer. 

The point to LDC was that we will definitely take up the years option or he leaves for nothing

Just now, Mark .Y. said:

The point to LDC was that we will definitely take up the years option or he leaves for nothing

I imagine that is all costed with Bournemouth if they do not go up where we might have a problem we can extend the contract but what he be worth then 5 mil ? 
the club has lost a lot of money which ever way you look at it 

Well, I for one will miss him. I think that he is a very talented player and that it is a great shame that it had to end like this.

We will never know the full truth but it is pretty clear that he has not been happy for some while. I don't know the extent to which being a Norfolk born and bred talent placed extra pressure on him. I know some aren't in the least sympathetic but he is a young man and subject to a level of scrutiny that few of us can imagine. I wouldn't want to be judged by some of the things I said when I was in my early 20s!

I really hope that he goes on to fulfil his potential even if t looks like it will not be with us.

Good luck Todd.

• Like 7

Final Asda update. 

Driving over the entry was closed to the car park due to some power company digging up the road, so what an upgrade when the diversion took me past Waitrose! 

So straight to the "Deli" counter, a rare breed pulled pork Peruvian wrap (honestly you could not make this up!) and a sparkling kombucha called out to me. 

You know what, when you move up a league in your shopping experience you do find yourself in with a crowd of humans you rarely meet at the Morrison hot sausage roll counter. 

And that's when the golden moment arrived. 

9.45am this morning, I spotted the transfer deadline NCFC 5 a side team, just back from morning training ..

Rush goalie cause we have no long lasting transfer news ever around GK! 

The team looked like, Captain Quag, Toby Alderweireld, Ola Toivonen, Assombalonga and Craig Mackail-Smith. 

As for Todd, see you in the Deli Ali counter next week! 

Job done. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

I imagine that is all costed with Bournemouth if they do not go up where we might have a problem we can extend the contract but what he be worth then 5 mil ? 

Not entirely, we lost potential money, not actual money. It is true that in theory we - could - have had a more valuable asset though.

23 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not entirely, we lost potential money, not actual money. It is true that in theory we - could - have had a more valuable asset though.

yes it was Potential money not hard cash but still a blow 

we could of sold him and bought 2 x  10/ 15 mill players maybe 

well i imagine it is costed in somewhere like the if we needed xyz we have a asset in Aarons to sell etc

so that 20/30/ what every his value was at the start of the season has been written off 

33 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Final Asda update. 

Driving over the entry was closed to the car park due to some power company digging up the road, so what an upgrade when the diversion took me past Waitrose! 

So straight to the "Deli" counter, a rare breed pulled pork Peruvian wrap (honestly you could not make this up!) and a sparkling kombucha called out to me. 

You know what, when you move up a league in your shopping experience you do find yourself in with a crowd of humans you rarely meet at the Morrison hot sausage roll counter. 

And that's when the golden moment arrived. 

9.45am this morning, I spotted the transfer deadline NCFC 5 a side team, just back from morning training ..

Rush goalie cause we have no long lasting transfer news ever around GK! 

The team looked like, Captain Quag, Toby Alderweireld, Ola Toivonen, Assombalonga and Craig Mackail-Smith. 

As for Todd, see you in the Deli Ali counter next week! 

Job done. 

I told you last night Supermarket fuel in a Lambo you are barking up the Wrong tree sit outside a Shell or Bp And he will be filling up every 30 mins in that thing 

It would not surprise me if the option was conditional on Bournemouth getting promoted - and was then obligatory at that given point. 

All parties likely expect that outcome and are happy with it. 

A ‘free’ loan and ‘floating’ option would be too generous a deal I suspect. 

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy

4 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

The Club never had the money  you claim we've  lost .  

You wouldn't make much of a poultry farmer,  counting all those chickens before the eggs have hatched, let alone grown feathers and actually become chickens. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

The Club never had the money  you claim we've  lost .  

You wouldn't make much of a poultry farmer,  counting all those chickens before the eggs have hatched, let alone grown feathers and actually become chickens. 

You are right the club never had the money

but a bit like  your chicken farmer counts all his chickens that he is going to sell at market tomorrow and wakes up to see all his chickens have been eaten by a fox 

£10M Option to buy at end of season, which I’m certain they will exercise . So he’s not left for nothing at all

4 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

You are right the club never had the money

but a bit like  your chicken farmer counts all his chickens that he is going to sell at market tomorrow and wakes up to see all his chickens have been eaten by a fox 

Sometimes the chicken farmer has a batch of chickens which he has reared from birth at very little cost - they grow into juicy looking birds and he sells them for more than he dared hope he would get. However the new owner then finds that they don't grow any more and only produce a measly number of eggs. Our chicken farmer doesn't care though because he's done brilliantly out of this particular batch of chickens. 

(It's know in the poultry trade as Jamal Lewis syndrome 😉 ). 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bakerkd said:

£10M Option to buy at end of season, which I’m certain they will exercise . So he’s not left for nothing at all

no very true 10 mil / 11 mill and saved his wages 

just so annoying as the Todd Player we had in the PL season was worth so much more 

you do not get many players who can play like him when on form  for 10million 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Sometimes the chicken farmer has a batch of chickens which he has reared from birth at very little cost - they grown into juicy looking birds and he sells them for more than he dared hope he would get. However the new owner then finds that they don't grow any more and only produce a measly number of eggs. Our chicken farmer doesn't care though because he's done brilliantly out of this particular batch of chickens. 

(It's know in the poultry trade as Jamal Lewis syndrome 😉 ). 

All this chicken talk someone must be  Michael Foulger 

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Should?

6 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I know posters don’t like it when anyone on here tries to decipher Todd’s posts, but both of these messages clearly do not read like a player who is simply leaving the club on just a 5 month loan…. Be very surprised if we ever see him in an NCFC shirt again.

Indeed, the past tense use of 'meant' seems quite telling.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

In shocking news.. He's turned up to training at last! Strange given he was always missing from ours, even as short ago as training before Watford 🤔

Not displeased to see him at another club. Good chance for him to have a fresh start and also shows we can move on without the distraction that he had become.