cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell set to go on loan at Bournmouth?

Just been on the Bournemouth forum for a look they think ,Grafter with great Energy and a good Attitude  Dont not think they have seen him or read much about him this season 

fritter

fritter

UTC Legend
Yesterday at 9:26 PM
Always been impressed with his attitude and energy.

Old Cherry

Old Cherry

Star Player
Yesterday at 9:43 PM
At last....someone suggests a sensible signing on this Forum....the guy is a grafter with great skills !

Good riddance to him. Will need to buck up his ideas and change his attitude if he wants to progress further. Seems more interested in his own hype then he does about our football club. 

Its no coincidence that Farke and now Smith feel he’s a bad apple and are happy for him to go. Some players don’t get on with some managers but with Smith coming in it was the perfect time to show what he was made of, but yet again has gone down the same route. 

He looks so disinterested and the his bad games far outnumber his good ones. As a local lad you want him to succeed but like what was said he will flounder around the Championship for a few seasons and will disappear as another who had the world at his feet but failed to live up to his potential. 

Make or break this for Cantwell in terms of being a top flight player and being able to afford to keep filling up the Lambo.

I hope he does alright at Bournemouth so we can claw back some sort of fee for him in the summer, even if its just a couple of million. 

According to Mash1ter it can be made permenant for £11m.

Imagine what that could've been if he'd performed this year? £30m and off to Everton or the like. 

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Just been on the Bournemouth forum for a look they think ,Grafter with great Energy and a good Attitude  Dont not think they have seen him or read much about him this season 

fritter

fritter

UTC Legend
Yesterday at 9:26 PM
Always been impressed with his attitude and energy.

Old Cherry

Old Cherry

Star Player
Yesterday at 9:43 PM
At last....someone suggests a sensible signing on this Forum....the guy is a grafter with great skills !

Well don't tell them until we're 100% sure he's gone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

We have a year's option on his contract so it won't run out (not for quite a while anyway).

They wouldn't offer to buy him in the Summer if he was out of contract would they, they could have him for a signing-on fee only if that was the case.  

I know we have a year's option, but if he isn't bought, would we exercise that option, given that a player with only a year left would not have a great value?  The club could just save the wages - and potential hassle - by letting him go. 

£11m is a good fee for Cantwell given his current performance level. I'm assuming it's a definite sale if they go up rather than an option. I don't think Webber likes options.

12 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Is there actually definitive evidence that ego is the issue here?  I know there is a lot of speculation, but is any of it actually based of anything concrete... or just because of a few ambiguous pictures or comments that could be taken either way on social media?

It doesn't take a genius really does it. If he's fit and able to go and play for another team, then it's not the "mental health" or "personal issues" that were touted earlier in the season. I've been saying for months he doesn't want to be here, and it's been obvious his attitude is appalling. Quite happy to show off his 50k sports cars on social media that being at Norwich has enabled him to buy, but totally disrespectful to the club and the fans by throwing his toys out of the pram because of his over-inflated ego and belief that he is bigger than the club.

I for one can't wait for Webber to reveal all like he has done with players in the past.

39 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Tbf...just down the road from Bournemouth in Sandbanks id one of the more salubrious areas to live in England

Very true, but even in Sandbanks it is going to be mostly cold, cloudly and wet for the next few months, not to mention wall to wall English media endlessly speculating about both the private and public lives of professional footballers.

Sun, sand, complete change of environment and a fresh start with the Greek media and his teammates seems like a much better bet to me.

7 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

£11m is a good fee for Cantwell given his current performance level. I'm assuming it's a definite sale if they go up rather than an option. I don't think Webber likes options.

Have we got any other players not deemed good enough for the first team we can sell for £11 million? 😁

6 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Have we got any other players not deemed good enough for the first team we can sell for £11 million? 😁

£11m for an English attacking midfielder in his early 20s that's had standout seasons in the PL and Champ is an absolute pittance

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

It doesn't take a genius really does it. If he's fit and able to go and play for another team, then it's not the "mental health" or "personal issues" that were touted earlier in the season. I've been saying for months he doesn't want to be here, and it's been obvious his attitude is appalling. Quite happy to show off his 50k sports cars on social media that being at Norwich has enabled him to buy, but totally disrespectful to the club and the fans by throwing his toys out of the pram because of his over-inflated ego and belief that he is bigger than the club.

I for one can't wait for Webber to reveal all like he has done with players in the past.

Surely there's no need for a big reveal though, as he's been judged, juried and executed above 🙂

Seriously though - you might be right, but there might be more to it is all I'm saying.  There's a lot of stuff flying around, but it's very easy to interpret things one way when they are potentially meant in another...  I've experienced plenty of that over the last 2 years with my team using slack to communicate with each other...

11 minutes ago, kirku said:

£11m for an English attacking midfielder in his early 20s that's had standout seasons in the PL and Champ is an absolute pittance

Maybe but he doesn't want to play for us and is costing the club every day in wages.

Any 23 yr old signed to an EPL club who doesnt want to play sounds like someone with a career on a downard spiral.

15 minutes ago, kirku said:

Not sure if you’ve been asleep all season, but he’s been pretty much having the polar opposite to having a standout season, busy petulantly screwing up his season whilst having a good go at sabotaging his career and reputation.  What an absolute plum. Very sad. 

5 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Maybe but he doesn't want to play for us and is costing the club every day in wages.

Any 23 yr old signed to an EPL club who doesnt want to play sounds like someone with a career on a downard spiral.

Genuine question, not putting the lad down but it is almost universally accepted that he had a great season last year, was he?. He had some class moments for sure but in terms of numbers, he scored one more than Dowell but played way more games (12 starts). He started 30 of 46 league games, 10 less than Buendia, 9 less than Pukki, 14 less than Skipp.

when he does something nice, it looks effortlessly class but I’m not sure he was *that* important to last years success.

10 hours ago, Greavsy said:

We cant let him go to an EPL club if they dont want him! 

My understanding no EPL club has approached us for him. 

I cannot find the article, but I read Norwich wouldn’t consider letting him go to premier league club and preferred an overseas loan. This was after Newcastle apparently showed interest (before their money influx I’m sure).

But fair point, couldn’t see another club needing to take a chance on him right now.

Edited by Ash.m87

Sad! It does say a lot about a person's character, the way they end an agreement/contract/relationship. Knew he needed to go, but didn't think he may not return. Kinda see where it went wrong, simultaneously appreciated the good moments. Loads of mixed emotions, so I'll hit the whisky and see which emotion comes up tops 😁

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Be surprised if there isn’t a few more clauses on top of that as well. If he does refind his form that’s a massive bargain, not unhappy about it though, best for both parties.

On 30/01/2022 at 11:27, Sjb said:

Better than going to relegation rival. 

I'd welcome it, weakening the squad of a relegation rival helps us

As I understand it Cantwell is out of contract at the end of the season so to get 11 mil for him now + a loan fee is a master stroke 

a petulant child who throws his toys out of his pram when he doesn’t get his own way 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

As I understand it Cantwell is out of contract at the end of the season so to get 11 mil for him now + a loan fee is a master stroke 

a petulant child who throws his toys out of his pram when he doesn’t get his own way 

He technically has 18 months left on his contract (the club hold a right to extend his current expiring contract in the summer by + 12 months) and hence the £11m fee. 

Without that additional year clause, the fee would be close to £5m or under I'd imagine. 

1 hour ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Not sure if you’ve been asleep all season, but he’s been pretty much having the polar opposite to having a standout season, busy petulantly screwing up his season whilst having a good go at sabotaging his career and reputation.  What an absolute plum. Very sad. 

I'm not sure you understood my post very well

8 minutes ago, Bovril said:

He technically has 18 months left on his contract (the club hold a right to extend his current expiring contract in the summer by + 12 months) and hence the £11m fee. 

Without that additional year clause, the fee would be close to £5m or under I'd imagine. 

im far from delighted with how it’s worked out but Still a good deal for all parties 

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

He's gone from being worth comfortably over £20m at the start of the season to £11m in six months.

The situation, as it has unfolded, is a shame for all concerned - with Bournemouth the only possible benefactors

1 hour ago, Wardogz said:

The kid's a joke, good riddance to him. 

😂 kid! I was offshore running a well test night shift at 24!

Just now, Indy said:

😂 kid! I was offshore running a well test night shift at 24!

Calm down, kid

🤣