cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell set to go on loan at Bournmouth?

18 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

While Farke did have the ability to fall out with players, Smith doesn’t seem that kind of guy. For both to give up on him, especially when we haven’t been creating much is telling.

I don’t care what’s gone on, all that is clear is at a time when we needed Cantwell at his best, he has had no impact. To loan him out now means Smith has given up on him in this team, which is strange with plenty of football to play.

I thought Farke got it right more often than wrong,   None of the players he fell out with have really proved his judgement wrong yet, well in my opinion. 

• Like 4

I really hope it works out for Todd, there is definitely a player in there and in the right environment I hope he will do well.

A shame it's come to this but a good loan stint may get him back to his best either for next season or for sale

Clearly something’s not ‘right’, so a move makes sense all round and both sides can then take stock in the summer.  There’s a fair chance Bournemouth get promoted and we get relegated, and he’ll stay there, but that’s just how things pan out sometimes.

Bit sad really are Bournemouth really an upgrade on Norwich?!

I wonder if all the drama is about a new contract or a lack there of is he one of the player who agreed better terms on getting promoted the first time?

If all we do in this window is loan out, potential, one of our better players, it will be another poor effort from Webber abd his team. 

5 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I live in Bournemouth, so will head down to Asda and keep you all updated.

So an update.

Sadly the Adsa hot sausage roll counter is not a touch on the Morrisons in the fine city. Like said Morrisons the Adsa is right opposite the rail way station, so having collected a 4 pack of hot pastry wrapped pork I sat in the prime position in the Asda upper level carpark next to the entrance, occupying a disabled bay, and my sign in the window not every disability is viable. 

Checked in with a few of the locals, they had not spotted a Carl Court ever in Asda, so was not hopeful. 

I moved the car to the far side of the upper car park, this time able to overlook the nearest co-op and the petrol station another staple on the list of transfer speculation. I was able to see a long haired dude or dudette step out of the Bentley SUV and proceed fill up to the tune of £160. The price of fuel down here will shock the most hardened of Norfolk men, or maybe it's the size of the tank that counts. Could this really be him? The swagger and filming while fueling up for a latest upload to Insta lead me to think.... Could it be? 

Just then I peered over the other side of the road, surly not. Long hair, dressed in some sort of Beckham-esq gown, you know the latest fashion kinda thing. I blinked, checked, nope it was a Jesus look a like heading out of the Citygate church. I did check again incase he started an insta stream.

It was really cold outside so headed inside Asda for a MacDonalds coffee to warm me up. I did as the security guard to call out over the tannoy for a lost child and to tell them it's ok I have the all the toys back in the pram for you, toddy. Noone responded. 

I'm now home and bumped into my neighbor who is a cherries season ticket holder. He is well happy about this news, I smiled and said, you might need to sort out your match day pies first, but will be glad to sell him a £7m home on Sandbanks with the new high speed Instagram technology. 

So in brief, no news... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Stop making rubbish up... zero people thought getting £30m for Cantwell showed a lack of ambition.

Oh no? So who was it that said that if we sold him it was a sign we wanted to be like Crewe?  Gosh, it's you! (sorry to quote you 😘)

On 04/08/2021 at 13:58, Kenny Foggo said:

If Villa sign Cantwell as well as Buendia so close to the start of the season, I would hope that the support would show its anger to the board...selling two of your key players after promotion is rubbish.

Any other club fans would be up in arms at the that..... It would signal that we are set up to be a big Crewe, developing great talent for others to appreciate.

In fact, you didn't think £40 million was enough! 

On 04/08/2021 at 15:41, Kenny Foggo said:

So we sell Cantwell for £40m to Villa... you are not getting a replacement that will be as good in the season we are in...

But the oh look at the profit we made.. Webber is the messiah brigade will be over joyed.

6 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I remember it slightly differently Badger - a few were saying the above for Emi, not Cantwell. Personally, if anyone had offered us 20 million in the summer I'd of let him go. Never been his greatest fan tbh.

OTBC

FYI, I just posted a quote from Kenny Foggo saying we should tuen down £40 million + there were others too.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

FYI, I just posted a quote from Kenny Foggo saying we should tuen down £40 million + there were others too.

Only one quote... 🤔 Keep digging Badger! I want to hear more from these 'message board experts' you refer to. Check my old posts out if you like; I'd love to be labeled an 'expert'! 

To be fair to KF, and to give it the correct context, he is talking after Emi had already gone, rather than Cantwell going by himself. 

I refer you to my previous response while I await more revelations!

OTBC

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

I thought Farke got it right more often than wrong,   None of the players he fell out with have really proved his judgement wrong yet, well in my opinion. 

Completely agree, although in Cantwell's case I don't think that Farke had 'given up' on him as the OP suggested.

Farke fell out with him at the start of last season as well and yet brought him back in again a few weeks later to have a great season for us. So whatever the problem is this season is obviously more serious but I don't think Farke had reached the stage of giving up on him.

Either way it is yet another of the issues for which Farke received a huge amount of criticism in the period leading up his bizarre sacking - criticism which many of us thought was ill-informed and unfair at the time and which we now know was completely unjustified and plain wrong.

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:
2 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

While Farke did have the ability to fall out with players, Smith doesn’t seem that kind of guy. For both to give up on him, especially when we haven’t been creating much is telling.

I don’t care what’s gone on, all that is clear is at a time when we needed Cantwell at his best, he has had no impact. To loan him out now means Smith has given up on him in this team, which is strange with plenty of football to play.

Yes, players fell out with Farke rather than Farke falling out with players.  And Farke has mostly been proved right. Daniel makes it as plain as it can be -and did so from day one of arriving at Carrow Rd - you are either in the group or you are not and big egos who cause bother will be sidelined. Good thing too.

Just seen the news article on Cantwell having a possible loan move. Haven’t read previous three pages so sorry if this has already been said but my immediate reaction is that this is excellent news because clearly Cantwell is not going to feature much this season. It would be a shame to lose a player of his ability. Let’s get him back to his previous best so he’s good to go for next season! 

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think it might be a good move for him to play abroad as he did for half a season in Holland

Granada in Spain also mentioned . His game could be suited to La Liga , I probably rather that (and also the weather !) for the next 4 months than the slog in the Championship

27 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Is the rumour just a loan for season, or with an obligation to buy?

I think most rumour-mongers like to keep them as vague as possible, ala Mystic Meg and her ilk. That way the chances of being able to claim they are ITK increase.

”Some clubs will buy players. Many of them will be male, and some of those will be under 40.”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Think it might be a good move for him to play abroad as he did for half a season in Holland

Granada in Spain also mentioned . His game could be suited to La Liga , I probably rather that (and also the weather !) for the next 4 months than the slog in the Championship

You can fly direct to Alicante from Bournemouth which is not that far from Granada. Just putting the bits of the pie together! 

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Only one quote... 🤔 Keep digging Badger! I want to hear more from these 'message board experts' you refer to.

There were others but Kenny is always easiest to find because he is always saying things and then denying it. I think his view that we wouldn't be able to buy someone as good as Todd for £40 million puts Kenny firmly into the category of message board expert.

Like some others he tends to deny it when he has been proven wrong (repeatedly). He is also a financial expert - he knows we could get extra investment but won't specify how much we need and how the investor could make it pay.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Oh no? So who was it that said that if we sold him it was a sign we wanted to be like Crewe?  Gosh, it's you! (sorry to quote you 😘)

Deary me... I have a weird stalker... Strange..and slightly scary.

1. If we sell Buendia AND Cantwell.... It would signal that we are a big Crewe 100% fact. How else to you think we are self funding. Selling your best player after promotion is appalling. Only strange people like you accept it. 

2. We were chasing promotion and I was 100% right.. we won't have got a replacement. Now is absolutely a different thing (players get worse and get better ... How else do you think we got Racisha?) Strange coming from a bloke that doesn't think there are any players worth buying...

3. Absolutely no one would turn down £30m now and to suggest it indicates someone who doesn't understand business 😜😉

Ps I  will leave you to keep on insulting Bournemouth players like the intelligent adult you keep telling us you are 😘

1 minute ago, Badger said:

There were others but Kenny is always easiest to find because he is always saying things and then denying it. I think his view that we wouldn't be able to buy someone as good as Todd for £40 million puts Kenny firmly into the category of message board expert.

Like some others he tends to deny it when he has been proven wrong (repeatedly). He is also a financial expert - he knows we could get extra investment but won't specify how much we need and how the investor could make it pay.

Weirdo stalker alert....

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Weirdo stalker alert....

Actually apologise for calling you a stalker and sinking to your level. You have a great night having a go... Whatever keeps you happy x

Ps would definitely take £30m now..😘

Edited by Kenny Foggo

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Haha, brilliant!

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Only one quote... 🤔 Keep digging Badger! I want to hear more from these 'message board experts' you refer to. Check my old posts out if you like; I'd love to be labeled an 'expert'! 

To be fair to KF, and to give it the correct context, he is talking after Emi had already gone, rather than Cantwell going by himself. 

I refer you to my previous response while I await more revelations!

OTBC

To be fair, whilst I think you're right that in general the belief we should hold onto an unhappy player was spoken in regards to Emi pre-season, the general point is still proven the same. If you keep an unhappy player, Emi could have easily done a Todd and we'd be looking at him not in the team, not playing and his value dropping by the week. 

Of course, it's a risk / reward scenario and on a player-by-player basis, but a lot in the summer didn't believe there was a genuine downside to keeping an unhappy Emi

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Deary me... I have a weird stalker... Strange..and slightly scary.

1. If we sell Buendia AND Cantwell.... It would signal that we are a big Crewe 100% fact. How else to you think we are self funding. Selling your best player after promotion is appalling. Only strange people like you accept it. 

2. We were chasing promotion and I was 100% right.. we won't have got a replacement. Now is absolutely a different thing (players get worse and get better ... How else do you think we got Racisha?) Strange coming from a bloke that doesn't think there are any players worth buying...

3. Absolutely no one would turn down £30m now and to suggest it indicates someone who doesn't understand business 😜😉

Ps I  will leave you to keep on insulting Bournemouth players like the intelligent adult you keep telling us you are 😘

By the same logic you could argue that Dortmund are a very big Crewe.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

By the same logic you could argue that Dortmund are a very big Crewe.

I doubt if Dortmund got promoted they'd sell their talisman and I doubt Norwich fans would have baulked at Emi being sold if the money had been used wisely. Dortmund are in the top flight and don't have to sell. They'll sell one of their top assets for a world record & not a loan to Bournemouth

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Haha, brilliant!

To be fair, whilst I think you're right that in general the belief we should hold onto an unhappy player was spoken in regards to Emi pre-season, the general point is still proven the same. If you keep an unhappy player, Emi could have easily done a Todd and we'd be looking at him not in the team, not playing and his value dropping by the week. 

Of course, it's a risk / reward scenario and on a player-by-player basis, but a lot in the summer didn't believe there was a genuine downside to keeping an unhappy Emi

As I said anyone can find a quote and take it out of context. No one if saying that selling Cantwell now for £30m would be a sign of a lack of ambition. But you and your other City hating mates know that... 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I doubt if Dortmund got promoted they'd sell their talisman and I doubt Norwich fans would have baulked at Emi being sold if the money had been used wisely. Dortmund are in the top flight and don't have to sell. They'll sell one of their top assets for a world record & not a loan to Bournemouth

The basic principle of selling their top players still remains though. Bear in mind that Dortmund were last in the 2. Bundesliga in 1976, they won't have had the promotion issue. Yet they've sold plenty of talismanic sorts (or they've even gone on frees, if we look at Lewandowski).

6 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Really hope he does well at Bournemouth and reinvigorates his career. If he ever came back and scored against us I hope he would give the crowd what they deserve for hounding him out! Disgraceful behaviour from him as a player people say? What about the vitriol people have posted on here about him, that’s just as disgraceful isn’t it? Oh no, it’s acceptable because he’s a young lad who’s lost his way and deserves all the $hit spouted to him on here!

Time to find the next scapegoat for the pink un haters, who’s next then? 

This is massively over the top. Other than a few half wits the vast majority on here (myself included) and at CR have wanted Todd to do well for us and been very patient, given the dire circumstance the club have been in. This is of course due to the rumours around personal/family issues.

'Hounded out' by the CR crowd or pink un posters is utter ballax and by suggesting it doesn't help his case.

Finally, if you are basing your comments on idiots who put comments on other social media platforms then god help you. 

Good luck to him but it needs resolving and this may just be the way.

8 hours ago, Badger said:

As I remember it, we were told by the message board experts that selling him for £30 million  would show a lack of ambition and that we needed to be tough and force him to stay.

Yes I have inside information from a trusted source that our transfer dealings both in and out are conducted by the opinions of the pink un message board…