cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell set to go on loan at Bournmouth?

9 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Must be a huge dent to his ego. A smaller club, with less fans, in a lower league. I know he wants out but I think he probably envisioned a move to an Everton/Leicester/West Ham type club. This move is an indication of the direction his career looks to be going in. What a shame. He has real talent but every chance he will be at Kings Lynn in 4 or 5 years time.

Perhaps in the long run he needs this big dent to his ego.

He's got bags of talent and that talent deserves far more than to end up being a journeyman sliding down the Leagues. He needs to cut right back on the distraction of all the social media c*ap, knuckle down, work hard and it could all come good.

Cantwell is a fairly young man and if he can turn things around he could well end up a regular PL player.

It's up to him in which direction he goes from here.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

At  the time a lot of fans spoke about the difficulty of keeping an unhappy player. We were advised that we should be "tough" like other clubs (allegedly) are.

I don’t recall anyone mentioning how unhappy Cantwell was over the summer.

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I think Badger is confusing Cantwell with Emi - easily done, as they look very much alike.

OTBC

• Haha 2

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Exactly, but I said at the time we sold Buendia, Webbers comments that any player not wanting to play for the club has to be sold might not have been aimed directly at Buendia,as he never specifically said Emi. But he did make it clear players had a value and if clubs met the value they could go! Makes me think no club met Cantwells value and since then it’s slowly slid into this current farce. Smith wanted him at Villa by reports yet now he has him isn’t playing him, sort of says a lot!

Really hope he does well at Bournemouth and reinvigorates his career. If he ever came back and scored against us I hope he would give the crowd what they deserve for hounding him out! Disgraceful behaviour from him as a player people say? What about the vitriol people have posted on here about him, that’s just as disgraceful isn’t it? Oh no, it’s acceptable because he’s a young lad who’s lost his way and deserves all the $hit spouted to him on here!

Time to find the next scapegoat for the pink un haters, who’s next then? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Really hope he does well at Bournemouth and reinvigorates his career. If he ever came back and scored against us I hope he would give the crowd what they deserve for hounding him out! Disgraceful behaviour from him as a player people say? What about the vitriol people have posted on here about him, that’s just as disgraceful isn’t it? Oh no, it’s acceptable because he’s a young lad who’s lost his way and deserves all the $hit spouted to him on here!

Hounding him out??

He hasnt trained properly to the standard required to make himself selectable for TWO different managers this season

Thats on him

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hounding him out??

He hasnt trained properly to the standard required to make himself selectable for TWO different managers this season

Thats on him

There’s been a lot going on behind the scenes that people don’t need to know about too. How do I know? I have a family member who works with a member of his very close family.

Whatever reasons there are, it still doesn’t warrant the crap directed at him on here

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

What the hell are you on about? Most of us have been wanting him back fully firing! But his constant bull on social media contradicting his manager and the club with his lack of respect to the supporters by not fully committing to his employers have led to this! Even when he started a few games back he was heartily cheered….though his performance was dire! We all want a Cantwell of two seasons ago, but it’s only Cantwell who can make that happen.

Lack of respect for supporters? Isn’t respect a TWO way thing? Surely some respect should be shown to Todd? But because people don’t know what is ACTUALLY going on they make **** up!

You even made a joke of it by saying you blame Brexit ffs. 

This is a really bizarre one and I hope we get something out of this in return. Otherwise, why are we doing Bournemouth a favour?! Ok, we get him out of the dressing room, but I hope they at a minimum a) pay all his wage; and b) have a set buy incentive included. 

36 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Perhaps in the long run he needs this big dent to his ego.

He's got bags of talent and that talent deserves far more than to end up being a journeyman sliding down the Leagues. He needs to cut right back on the distraction of all the social media c*ap, knuckle down, work hard and it could all come good.

Cantwell is a fairly young man and if he can turn things around he could well end up a regular PL player.

It's up to him in which direction he goes from here.

He's got the ability, there's no doubting that. However, top players dont sulk their way to a lower league team. Once that slide starts, it normally keeps going that way - especially at 24. It's not like he's a 20 year old finding chances hard to come by. This is an established first team player going backwards as he enters his peak years. I really rate him but the club need to get rid for as much money as possible now, as his value is only going one way.

It's a shame how it's all panned out but, from a purely footballing standpoint, he clearly needs a move - it's in the best interests of all parties

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Hope this comes off, good luck to the lad. Best thing that can happen to get him from under the microscope of a few saddos who seem to have more interest in Todd’s life than their own.

Winky this interest in Todd's life by a few saddos as you put it has not been helped with his cryptic social media posts which have posed more questions than answers about what is going on in his life and his head this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Lack of respect for supporters? Isn’t respect a TWO way thing? Surely some respect should be shown to Todd? But because people don’t know what is ACTUALLY going on they make **** up!

Really! You really think me referring to Brexit date coinciding with his fall from form as lacking respect! My word what a really soft world we live in, we can’t have a little fun! As you say it’s a two way thing and we’ve not had anything from Cantwell. But some very poor social media posts! He’s 23 and in a very privileged position, he’s been fully paid and supported by the club and most the fans, but it’s fast wearing thin. Anyone else in any other walk of life would have been shown the door, he’s lucky not to be in a normal job. He’s earned more than most of the fans will in their lifetime and they pay for the right to expect a certain level from the players.

We all support and want Cantwell back but he’s shown this year he’s not focused on this club. So if you know things that’s fine but to be loaned out bares out he’s got an issue with our club. Hopefully someone will one day give us the true facts as there’s so much bull going on it’s not good for Cantwell nor City!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bit of a chicken and egg situation here, what came first, fan losing faith in Cantwell or Cantwell showing a lack of professionalism / desire to play for the club.

Although he has always had a small minority who didn’t take to his hair / Alice band / social media imagine, I’d say 99% of fans were always behind him, and 100% of supporters in the ground. Until this season at least.

You’d also have to say plenty of players in the team get similar levels of **** on here; McLean, Rupp, Sargent, Gilmour, Idah (up to the last two games), Gunn, Hanley, etc etc, yet they don’t totally fail to keep themselves fit. 

Personally I think the fan base has had little to no impact on the situation. He doesn’t really deserve to be bailed out under the cover of a very small portion of fans who didn’t take to him for silly reasons. Everything that has happened this season with fans losing faith / being disappointed by him etc has been fully justified. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

When there's an information vacuum, people will naturally try to work out what's going on by putting 2+2 together and getting whatever answer might well fit, however right or wrong; that's the nature of the human beast I'm afraid. I don't think the club or Todd himself has helped in this regard.

9 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Jokes are allowed on the forum. 

OTBC

• Like 2

Best move for all involved unfortunately, whatever the reasons his star has well and truly fallen.

My guess is he will suddenly start training hard and then performing well on the pitch.

If there is a right to buy clause in the deal, I hope the sale figure is high.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Winky this interest in Todd's life by a few saddos as you put it has not been helped with his cryptic social media posts which have posed more questions than answers about what is going on in his life and his head this season.

Of course that hasn't helped but I think most grown ups can see whats going on with him, I have seen many posts on here and elsewhere which seek to misrepresent him and make whats already clearly a difficult situation even worse.

• Like 1

Some were blaming Farke, but Smith too has tried and failed with our Norfolk Fantacista. Hope he can re gain his mojo

Celebrate good times 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

what a cracking transfer window 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Really don't know what to make of this at all, so I'm not going to make stuff up. 

At least a positive is that he will be back to playing football, which is a good thing for him and NCFC.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Celebrate good times 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

what a cracking transfer window 

You've taken your time turning up.Will you be offering him a lift to Bournemouth as i recall you have said in the past you were prepared to give him a lift anywhere ?

Edited by TIL 1010

While Farke did have the ability to fall out with players, Smith doesn’t seem that kind of guy. For both to give up on him, especially when we haven’t been creating much is telling.

I don’t care what’s gone on, all that is clear is at a time when we needed Cantwell at his best, he has had no impact. To loan him out now means Smith has given up on him in this team, which is strange with plenty of football to play.

41 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Really don't know what to make of this at all, so I'm not going to make stuff up. 

At least a positive is that he will be back to playing football, which is a good thing for him and NCFC.

Well we assume. If it's a fresh start, it's upto Cantwell to get fit and play well. At the end of the day only Cantwell can make a go of this. He's got half a season to pull his socks up and make a go of things!