cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell set to go on loan at Bournmouth?

wish we'd sold him in summer while his stock was high.

At least if he goes on loan we'll potentially get him back for the championship next season or command a decent fee for him then. He's completely unsuitable for a relegation prem battle style of play.

Back at that level he's got the x factor to make us tick in a more dominant playing style vs the likes of Rotherham and Wycombe.

Edited by Tetteys Jig

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Now here's a strange one.. Of all the clubs? 🤔

Why strange? Makes perfect sense to me. Gets him out of the building and if he plays well and they get promoted they can buy him off us permanently. If they offered 5 million I'd bite their hand off and put him in the first taxi out of the Fine City.

OTBC

• Like 1

I am not sure he would go there, I suppose if the wages are right.

Edited by Alex

14 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

As I remember it, we were told by the message board experts that selling him for £30 million  would show a lack of ambition and that we needed to be tough and force him to stay.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Something is not right between Cantwell and the club. Can anyone in the know shed some light on this? Dave Freezer has just read about the rumour and popped it on the PinkUn. 

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

As I remember it, we were told by the message board experts that selling him for £30 million  would show a lack of ambition and that we needed to be tough and force him to stay.

Stop making rubbish up... zero people thought getting £30m for Cantwell showed a lack of ambition.

It's pity a talented lad that might have got us funds to strengthen has fallen so low... anyway hopefully his wages & space in the team allows us to get someone in that will help Dean Smith & team keep us in this league.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

At least if he goes on loan we'll potentially get him back for the championship next season or command a decent fee for him then. He's completely unsuitable for a relegation prem battle style of play.

Back at that level he's got the x factor to make us tick in a more dominant playing style vs the likes of Rotherham and Wycombe.

He’s going to the championship, not league one

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

I remember it slightly differently Badger - a few were saying the above for Emi, not Cantwell. Personally, if anyone had offered us 20 million in the summer I'd of let him go. Never been his greatest fan tbh.

OTBC

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Something is not right between Cantwell and the club. Can anyone in the know shed some light on this? Dave Freezer has just read about the rumour and popped it on the PinkUn. 

Really do hope one day that Cantwell just comes out and says it liike he thinks it is. Two sides to every story and all that

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Badger said:

What an odd snipe to make. Cantwell finished last season as one of our best attacking midfielders, as he was through 19/20. Had he been sold in the summer after another good season, as well as Buendia, then damn right fans would be disappointed to lose him.

If any of the fans, or the club, knew what was going to follow with him this season then I’m sure he’d have been out the door for a decent fee and no questions asked! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Really do hope one day that Cantwell just comes out and says it liike he thinks it is. Two sides to every story and all that

Took him an age to sign that last contract. Derisory offers during negotiations that still irks him to this day perhaps. His ego seems huge and I’m sure he thought he’d be playing for a top 6 club by now. 

Doesn't want to be here. Where he hails from is irrelevant: it doesn't make him more obliged than any others to play for one club. Let him go, preferably after a loan puts him in the shop window as he's been forgotten outside Norfolk

Would be good for everyone. There have been several rounds of Cantwell drama. This would ensure we and his team mates are mostly spared from it for the rest of the season

Hope this comes off, good luck to the lad. Best thing that can happen to get him from under the microscope of a few saddos who seem to have more interest in Todd’s life than their own.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 3

Must be a huge dent to his ego. A smaller club, with less fans, in a lower league. I know he wants out but I think he probably envisioned a move to an Everton/Leicester/West Ham type club. This move is an indication of the direction his career looks to be going in. What a shame. He has real talent but every chance he will be at Kings Lynn in 4 or 5 years time.

I blame Brexit! Since we left last year he’s really struggled! Coincidence? Nope I blame Brexit!

Seriously though, shouldn’t we be seeing him fight for his place? If he’s just struggling with personal stuff as some have been so quick in his defences and could be right, but what good would another set of added pressures really do to him? New club, moving away from family / friends support bubble……if it’s just because he doesn’t want to be at our club anymore than fair enough off you go! So whats really going in if the Bournemouth rumours are true!

Edited by Indy

A shame to see his time here end like this. Had loads of promise.

I hope he manages to turn his career around - just hopefully without scoring any against us.

45 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

If any of the fans, or the club, knew what was going to follow with him this season then I’m sure he’d have been out the door for a decent fee and no questions asked! 

At  the time a lot of fans spoke about the difficulty of keeping an unhappy player. We were advised that we should be "tough" like other clubs (allegedly) are.