Sign in to follow this  
Notts Canary

Protest last night?

Just wondering if there was a protest at the end of the game last night? Heard there was but nothing has been reported in the press. Although that does not surprise me, with the local press being out of touch with the feelings of the fans and in some cases producing some very self centred views!!!  If there was a protest what kind of numbers are we talking about?

[quote user="Notts Canary"]

Just wondering if there was a protest at the end of the game last night? Heard there was but nothing has been reported in the press. Although that does not surprise me, with the local press being out of touch with the feelings of the fans and in some cases producing some very self centred views!!!  If there was a protest what kind of numbers are we talking about?

[/quote]

There was a small group of us (my guess 150 or so - chants of more here than last time though) after the game but as expected following a 3-0 win it was not the biggest.   Had it been 1-0 it may have been larger as the moodin the ground even after the second goal was not great.

Some good banners on show and humourous banter and we were pretty much supported from the departing crowds - in clappig us, joining in chants and thumbs up, apart from one bloke who unprovoked squared up to one protestor for not being a true fan, only for the police to move him swiftly on - there were TV cameras about - as well as the ubiquitous police surveillance to make us feel like criminals.

A case of wait and see what happens on the pitch on sat.

saw it on about anglia tonight. well done to those who stayed, i had to rush off as my son had been ill in the ground was sick all over the place. dont know if it was the meal from morrisons or the crap on the pitch that made him ill! at one point he even fell asleep!

"we were pretty much supported from the departing crowds - in clapping us, joining in chants and thumbs up,"

Not from what I saw and heard, it was a small protest at best. Which from a general chat I over heard on the way home was "pathetic, unreasonable and just a way to get on telly!

I would suggest now that the team hasn''t got the injuries we sit back and asses the team fom here to the end of the season.

I know the above isn''t a knee jerk reaction but it might be a rationale solution so all the supporters can be as one again.

ZLF...your estimation of 150 or so seems very exaggerated. I would have guessed more around the 50 mark. Compare this with attendance of 24,038 and it works out at about 0.20%. Does this mean that not as many people care that much about the future of Worthy as we all thought?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

"we were pretty much supported from the departing crowds - in clapping us, joining in chants and thumbs up,"

Not from what I saw and heard, it was a small protest at best. Which from a general chat I over heard on the way home was "pathetic, unreasonable and just a way to get on telly!

I would suggest now that the team hasn''t got the injuries we sit back and asses the team fom here to the end of the season.

I know the above isn''t a knee jerk reaction but it might be a rationale solution so all the supporters can be as one again.

[/quote]

its a good point - well as far as im concerned its performances that matter, leading to nest season.  If we keep playing **** till the end of the seaosn with only mcveigh creating anything when he gets played...  Who the hell is going to replace him anyway??  and how much will he cost.

[quote user="Slim"]

ZLF...your estimation of 150 or so seems very exaggerated. I would have guessed more around the 50 mark. Compare this with attendance of 24,038 and it works out at about 0.20%. Does this mean that not as many people care that much about the future of Worthy as we all thought?

[/quote]

I reckon there was about 100 there, quite a few saw it wasnt gonna be many so didnt bother, in fact the people I sit around are worthy outers but didnt protest - I can understand why having protested tuesday, surrounded by cops with the odd Worthy fan Handing out some "Real Verbals" one particualar guy put himself in one of the protesters faces and said how could they protest after a 3 nil win and was extremely aggressive.  Funny how 2 undeserved  late goals can change the perspective.  I can see why people dont really want the hassle that comes with protesting outside the front and I certainly wouldnt want any family''s there. It is after all only football.

I am also more convinced than ever that protesting wont make a difference, many fans are just casual fans whom may have an opinion but dont really care whether he stays or goes, win or lose.  And i cannot see Delia Sacking Worthy.  I mean this season has been about as bad as you can get, the money has been wasted, we still have no right winger...  nothing has changed except we have not got a decent target man at the club anymore....  Another step back...  The side is no way a 14th place side, and I guess we may challenge for the play offs next year - hell worthy might sign a right midfielder if we are really lucky....  But unfortunatly we will continue to under acheive as long as he is manager and we are stuck with Nigel Worthington and Andy Hughes for a long time to come....

Hell I may even join in the booing of hoozey when the names are called out saturday - he couldnt play any worse if he tried.  Apparantly thats why he stopped playing Hendo - maybe its gonna be the only way to get him to stop playing that crapper in central midfield.....