essex canary

Supporters Panel Notes of Meeting

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Given that the last increase was eight years ago and given that combined UK inflation since then seems to have been somewhere between 16 and 19 per cent it is hard to see how any increase someway below that kind of figure that would attract any criticism to be deflected.🤓

And i thought you had been reading this forum for a number of years.😛

• Haha 1

I thought the renewals were meant to be out by end of January 

hasnt happened, it’s going to be a shambles isn’t it

I hope the OSP has done its job and mitigated any above inflation season ticket rises. Will be it’s first test to see if it is a truly effective way of representing the view of the fans or they are just a talking shop

On 01/02/2022 at 18:23, Greavsy said:

Thats a lot of dough, for you Mr Bun?

Not worth getting out of bed for a job with a pittance of a Salary of £38 k 

20 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I think they're bound to go up, aren't they? Everything else seems to be! 

It's not an enviable position for them trying to strike the balance between a big enough increase that it is worth doing and not too big that it causes mass uproar - and of course everybody has their different trigger points on what or how much that is.

I've seen 9% rumoured (did this surface on Twitter?), which would raise north of a million quid in additional revenue if everyone renewed (guesstimate), is that significant enough? Pfft, I dunno, if there is an increase of any amount the club will likely cop some stick, more if we do get relegated I suspect. 

A million pounds will perhaps help towards the unbudgetted payoff for Daniel Farke. I doubt whether he really needed it now he is in a new job.  Meanwhile the fans pay 3 times the amount from their average income for football compared to 30 years ago.

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

A million pounds will perhaps help towards the unbudgetted payoff for Daniel Farke. I doubt whether he really needed it now he is in a new job.  Meanwhile the fans pay 3 times the amount from their average income for football compared to 30 years ago.

And players earn far more proportionally than the average joe, much more than the three times increase than punters have seen. How do we square that?

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

And players earn far more proportionally than the average joe, much more than the three times increase than punters have seen. How do we square that?

Quite but that is a function of TV money flowing into football. All the more reason why following the logic of the Football Supporters Association 20s plenty campaign there is no justification for passing this on to the match going supporters.

Just now, essex canary said:

Quite but that is a function of TV money flowing into football. All the more reason why following the logic of the Football Supporters Association 20s plenty campaign there is no justification for passing this on to the match going supporters.

I agree, but this more more more thing cuts both ways, players demand more more, right up to and above what tv gives. Fans bemoan losing players to clubs that pay more, yet want to see the best their club can afford. If you have a solution to this problem, id love to hear it.  I would love to watch a premier league game for 20 quid, not sure how we make up the shortfall though.