Lampard now seems to be emerging as favourite for the job.

Shame I used to have a little bit of a soft spot for them.

I think that will disappear if Lampard gets the job.

Was just reading about that - seems they had a preferred choice (Pereira) who supporters were up on arms about, though not sure why.  Not why Lampard would be seen by those supporters as a better choice.

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Imagine if he takes them down 😂😂😂

“Frank Lampard’s relegated Everton”?

Dream relegation for me this season. Everton. Newcastle. Brentford.

What is it with Everton fans anyway moaning about a potential manager?. They should be grateful anyone wants to go there. They might have been a successful club in the past but that was so long ago I had hair. In the premier League era they've been almost consistently average apart from a couple of decent seasons under Moyes and a lucky cup win. The fans I've heard on the radio today living in the past.for me they're just a Scouse Ipswich

33 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

What is it with Everton fans anyway moaning about a potential manager?. They should be grateful anyone wants to go there. They might have been a successful club in the past but that was so long ago I had hair. In the premier League era they've been almost consistently average apart from a couple of decent seasons under Moyes and a lucky cup win. The fans I've heard on the radio today living in the past.for me they're just a Scouse Ipswich

I’d check their achievements and how many consecutive seasons they’ve had in the top flight. We could only dream to emulate that. 

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

Why not Burnley instead of the Bees? 

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Nah, Brentford havent done anything wrong.

Newcastle, Watford, Everton for me 😄

Can't imagine Everton would be too pleased if they do go for Lampard given the tosh they've been through recently

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not quite sure why anyone would want Newcastle (richest club in the world) down with us. That's a promotion place taken before we kick a ball..

Very telling that in your ideal scenario, you still have Norwich relegated.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d check their achievements and how many consecutive seasons they’ve had in the top flight. We could only dream to emulate that. 

It’s 68 consecutive seasons, and shocking indeed that we haven’t even emulated that, let alone bettered it, given that historically we’ve always been a much bigger and wealthier club than Everton.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not quite sure why anyone would want Newcastle (richest club in the world) down with us. That's a promotion place taken before we kick a ball..

If Newcastle go down then there's a hugely increased chance that we stay up (!?!!)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Lampard now seems to be emerging as favourite for the job.

Shame I used to have a little bit of a soft spot for them.

I think that will disappear if Lampard gets the job.

Everton should be aiming for a lot higher than Lampard.

13 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It’s 68 consecutive seasons, and shocking indeed that we haven’t even emulated that, let alone bettered it, given that historically we’ve always been a much bigger and wealthier club than Everton.

Some us love our club for what it is, and don't envy every other club that's bigger or better than us in whatever metric they decide that day. If I felt that way I'm not sure I'd bother being attached to one club 🙂 

17 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Everton are a great club.

Wayne Rooney says he was approached but turned them down because he wants to stay and help Derby turn their mess around.

My admiration for him just increases.

I’m serious. I have only been to Goodson Park once. I was in Liverpool for weekend seeing a mate, and going to Eric’s. I did something I’ve never done before. REM this was punk rock era pre internet. We realised Everton were at home and went along without knowing who the were playing. I kid you not. My mate wasn’t a football fan, and we just gave it a go. It was Ipswich! One moment we both remember- Arnold Muhren came to take a throw just in front of us. Fans lent on us in order to abuse him. “Country Dogs”. Town won 1-0, Mariner, first and only time I’ve enjoyed a win by our neighbours. 

It was more a feeling of Everton getting what they deserved, arrogant fans abusive, aggressive, and I instinctively felt a bit sorry for the Dutch players who were getting terrible stick. On another occasion I ac felt sorry for Ipswich supporters, when I attended the F.A cup quarter final at The Den, 78. The only time in my life I’ve seen real protracted violence at a football match, with fans fighting Police on the pitch.