Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Wake up and smell the coffee Darren!

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED16%20Feb%202006%2008%3A28%3A13%3A643

How on earth can Huckerby complain about the fans and the atmosphere at the Brighton game? If this were any other team in the country there''d be riots in the stands and certainly no sell-outs like there has been.

It was not a 3-0 performance by any stretch of the imagination (although it was a much needed 3 points), but what do they expect? A petition for a statue of Nigel his great squad (Simon Charlton, etc) to be erected outside the ground? Or perhaps our Nigel to be knighted?

Hucks and the rest of them should be grateful that they are able to walk around Norfolk without a paper bag over their heads, because if this was any other club in the country, they''d most probably been hit by a large number of tomatoes by now! 

to defend Huckleberry... he isnt actually criticising us Worthy outers.... more to the point he actually acknowledges we mkight have an issue with the manager... which of course is right

jas :)

Perhaps I worded it badly.

The title reads Hucks'' plea for fans'' backing, well what I meant was that haven''t they noticed that they have our backing? The best attendances in the league, away following, etc. Why do fans go to games? Because they believe that the team can win games. If this is not backing, I don''t know what is. Sorry for the confusion!

I can understand his concerns, the team are winning 2-0, they are short on confidence but the crowd keep booing and arent satisfied with the result. Ok, brighton are crap, we didnt play well but they won. It doesnt help the players, i''m certainly not worthys biggest fan but when we were winning 2-0 i thought the chants were pointless. Lets get behind the players, lets enjoy that we won and lets hope we can win on saturday.  Lets be positive, get a good atmosphere and try and help them towards a win. If we dont win, lets be unhappy, and  i will be the first to be calling for worthys head, but not when we are winning 2/3-0.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

Riots? Paper Bags? Tomatoes? Have you any concept of reality?

[/quote]

Says he who approves of Worthington.

hucks is doing what an senior player should do in this time, come out and call for support to help the team, and settle some of the more nervy guys.   And he is never gonna criticise worthy, cos then he wouldnt play again.   he didnt have a go at the fans he called for support, the guy wants to win, and be cheered, its good in my opinion.   he has said he never wants to leave cos he loves it here, and therefore he will want to win stuff here, i say leave him alone, cos next year when the team gets sorted under a new manager in my opinion he will be one of the key assests the team is based around.

VofTTA,

Lets get something straight. Your original post wasn''t ''badly worded'' it was incorrect and you have since changed what you originally said. And for the record, I have got issues with Worthington, but Huckerby has certainly got a point. 

Hey I have had a really novel idea!!, we the fans start cheering and providing a "wall of noise" when the team starts performing on the pitch because after all is said and done even when the team does get lots of support they do not perform......