Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Drum at Carrow Rd

47 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t see why a drum is needed - if people need that to get them singing it does suggest something is amiss.  And it made no difference at all at Charlton, most people near me thought it was pretty crappy and they were thankful they weren’t nearby!

Tbh I don’t really care either way, but if there were a vote I’d say ‘no’.

Would you beat it for just 5 minutes in the City stand though? 

I personally think we should have 4 drum kits ( near each corner flag ) so every time there is a corner the drummer can passionately do a drum roll as the corner kick is delivered.

6 hours ago, Greavsy said:

The article states....

the club is working with its supporters panel and fan groups to create a better atmosphere at Carrow Road on match days.

are @Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary @ncfc star able to comment on this, in the continued absence of the minutes.

Yeah, we attended a meeting about matchday atmosphere earlier in the season, which was attended by various fan groups.

Thanks for the snide dig about the absence of the minutes, as helpful as ever!

"Sorry if I've struck a nerve"

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You should know by now Greavsy that all matters are confidential until the club produce the minutes of the meetings and obviously crowd atmosphere and the drum come under that heading and any member discussing or seeking views of those who elected them is a big no, no.

A  ' sad ' reaction to my post @Feedthewolf confirms my view. The club mention consultation with the OSP over the matter in an article published by Archant so why cannot you report back on what was discussed to the people who voted you into your post ?

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Can I just state I'm not some old codger against Loud noises etc, those who know me know I'm massively vocal at matches, my objection is a pure and simple one, they just sound crap, always have always will. 

Second this. Massively tinpot and a huge cringe factor.

Would rather have Vuvuzelas going off than a drum, it's just naff.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A  ' sad ' reaction to my post @Feedthewolf confirms my view. The club mention consultation with the OSP over the matter in an article published by Archant so why cannot you report back on what was discussed to the people who voted you into your post ?

There are very few issues that we've discussed where the club has explicitly said 'this information is confidential, please do not share it'. Beyond that, it's down to my personal discretion what I feel should be shared with a public forum and what should not.

As I'm sure you will agree, it's all too easy to have one's words misinterpreted and/or taken out of context, which will then put me, the wider panel, and the club in general in a potentially awkward position. I have to be mindful that I (and we as a panel) will never be able to please everyone.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If a game is going badly the drum takes on the character of the drum of doom, one person vainly trying to get a morose crowd to respond and failing miserably. We've all seen it at away games - one game I went to last year where the home drum was just awful - a kind of funereal sound - as we strode away with three points.

Also seen (heard) it used when the opposition has a corner or penalty, rampant drum noise to try and put the player off.

No one fan should be able to make that much noise.

May I be the first...............................

Oh the irony! 😉😉 

46 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, we attended a meeting about matchday atmosphere earlier in the season, which was attended by various fan groups.

Thanks for the snide dig about the absence of the minutes, as helpful as ever!

"Sorry if I've struck a nerve"

What's the point in attending a meeting if the outcome isn't shared. Appreciate not everything can be, but just something would be better than nothing. 

Wasn't a snide dig, just a statement of fact from a fan, whose views the OSP is meant to represent. 

I suggest a dog walk Wolfie! 😊 

Just now, Greavsy said:

What's the point in attending a meeting if the outcome isn't shared. Appreciate not everything can be, but just something would be better than nothing. 

Wasn't a snide dig, just a statement of fact from a fan, whose views the OSP is meant to represent. 

I suggest a dog walk Wolfie! 😊 

The point of attending a meeting is to discuss things and (try to) decide on outcomes. Just because the outcome of a meeting isn't shared doesn't mean it didn't happen or that nothing positive came from it. 

And regarding the latest panel meeting, the minutes will be shared... as you well know! May well be Monday though, as we're still discussing details.

Stuff takes time... do you have a dog to walk, by any chance? You seem incredibly keen to see these minutes, I really hope they're not a let-down 🙂

37 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The point of attending a meeting is to discuss things and (try to) decide on outcomes. Just because the outcome of a meeting isn't shared doesn't mean it didn't happen or that nothing positive came from it. 

And regarding the latest panel meeting, the minutes will be shared... as you well know! May well be Monday though, as we're still discussing details.

Stuff takes time... do you have a dog to walk, by any chance? You seem incredibly keen to see these minutes, I really hope they're not a let-down 🙂

Ouch. 

But it's not a closed shop just meetings where things are discussed, but none shared....... And you're representing the fans...... The fans who voted you into the role.......... Seriously?

Minutes delayed again, how can they be re written when they are meant to be a report of what was said........ No rewritten after the event. 

The minutes won't be as much as aa let down as the OSP. The club wanted to introduce the OSP to improve fan communication and involvement, if anything it's worse now than before. (unless you on the panel and itk!) 

Forgive me if I don't respond anymore tonight (although I might!) as I'm currently in A&E if you must know. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

There are very few issues that we've discussed where the club has explicitly said 'this information is confidential, please do not share it'. Beyond that it's down to my personal discretion what i feel should be shared with a public forum and what should not.

As I'm sure you will agree, it's all too easy to have one's words misinterpreted and/or taken out of context, which will then put me, the wider panel, and the club in general in a potentially awkward position. I have to be mindful that I (and we as a panel) will never be able to please everyone.

So you were touting for votes on this forum when the elections to sit on the OSP were up for grabs but now it appears you are saying that having achieved your aim of getting elected as long as the matter is not of a confidential nature it is for you to decide whether you discuss with the peiople who got you there in the first place what was the outcome of those discussions.

Goodness me wolfie what exactly is the point of you sitting there then ?

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So you were touting for votes on this forum when the elections to sit on the OSP were up for grabs but now it appears you are saying that having achieved your aim of getting elected as long as the matter is not of a confidential nature it is for you to decide whether you discuss with the peiople who got you there in the first place what was the outcome of those discussions.

Well said. 

It's certainly not the OSP that was presented me at the first meeting with the club. 

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

The article states....

the club is working with its supporters panel and fan groups to create a better atmosphere at Carrow Road on match days.

are @Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary @ncfc star able to comment on this, in the continued absence of the minutes.

@Greavsy I can confirm the drum was not on our agenda, we have been at a meeting a while back where the atmosphere was discussed, but the drum was not in the mix.

The minutes should be out over the weekend / Monday, just the task of getting the relevant sign off.

10 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

@Greavsy I can confirm the drum was not on our agenda, we have been at a meeting a while back where the atmosphere was discussed, but the drum was not in the mix.

The minutes should be out over the weekend / Monday, just the task of getting the relevant sign off.

Gordon the article today published by Archant was specifically about the drum and they turned to their usual suspects for quotes on the matter but then the club went on to bring the OSP into the mix .

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

There are very few issues that we've discussed where the club has explicitly said 'this information is confidential, please do not share it'. Beyond that, it's down to my personal discretion what I feel should be shared with a public forum and what should not.

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

To be fair FTW I think Tilly has a point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If this guy can ring a bell every home match at Portsmouth for years and years I'm sure we will do alright with a drum😉

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp5x8GhrcZTBocfGLmbPF

Yes, I know it's totally un-PC but it's hard to believe this guy runs a bookshop.

He looks as though the Beano would be a struggle.....

15 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Dare I ask you too share what what discussed?  Had the issue of the drum not been raised we, the fans, the people the OSP represents wouldn't have known about the meeting. Makes me wonder how many others there have been. 

I stand by my closed shop comment. 

Thanks for the reply Gordon, but I really caanntt see why minutes take so long to be issued.. 

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Gordon the article today published by Archant was specifically about the drum and they turned to their usual suspects for quotes on the matter but then the club went on to bring the OSP into the mix .

Til, I hadn’t seen the article until about 15 mins ago, not sure why or who at the club mentioned OSP as we haven’t been involved in that one, will ask the question. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I've spent a lot of time on here discussing things related to the panel; in fact, probably more time speaking with you and @Greavsy than all the other fans on here put together.

I'm not sure what exactly you want me to say at this juncture that I haven't said; the minutes to the meeting will be published by Monday. That will contain much more information than any conjecture I may or may not share with you on here.

There has been a lot of uncertainty and changes in personnel at the club over the last six months, as has been well documented on here. This has resulted in quite a lot of confusion over the exact role, function and nature of the panel, which has made it difficult for me to make a judgement on what to share and what not to share. We are very much a 'guinea pig' panel; through analysis, reflection and continuous improvement we are collectively determined to make our two years a success.

I can assure you that I am devoting a lot more time to my duties on the OSP than I am to reporting about them on this messageboard. We're all learning on the fly, the panel and the club equally. There are bound to be problems, just as there are bound to be people who are dubious or sceptical as to the panel and its remit. I can accept that; it comes with the territory.

I'm basically just a very passionate bloke who is (along with the other panel members) devoting lots of their time to try and effect positive change to something we all care deeply about. Whatever our differences, our genuine care and passion for this club unites us all; I am trying my best to be mindful of that in all my interactions, and I hope you are too.

I probably won't be on here much for the next week or two, as I've got a lot of other stuff going on in both my professional and personal life. I will reply to things when I can.

Edited by Feedthewolf
Typo in first sentence
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Dare I ask you too share what what discussed?  Had the issue of the drum not been raised we, the fans, the people the OSP represents wouldn't have known about the meeting. Makes me wonder how many others there have been. 

I stand by my closed shop comment. 

Thanks for the reply Gordon, but I really caanntt see why minutes take so long to be issued.. 

Patience @Greavsy just waiting on Sue Gray to sign off for distribution, regarding timescales most large organisations take longer but I’m sure they will get quicker as we move forward.

5 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Patience @Greavsy just waiting on Sue Gray to sign off for distribution, regarding timescales most large organisations take longer but I’m sure they will get quicker as we move forward.

Heaven help you if there are redactions…😉

Thanks as always @Lessingham Canaryfor your response. 

I will reserve my judgment until the minutes come out, hopefully Monday. I tend to find though the larger the organisation the quicker the minutes are issued, having worked for companys far larger than NCFC over the years. It's a fans forum, you're not setting the next 5  seasons club objectives.

As Wolfie has said we are all passionate about our club, even those that arent in the privileged position of being on the OSP and being more ITK. 

I just think, personally, that customer interaction either direct or via the OSP is poor to non existent, and that's exactly what the panel was set up to eradicate. I was at the initial zoom meeting when it was discussed. 

So what was discussed at the `atmosphere` meeting the OSP attended? 

Have there been other undeclared osp meetings? 

And if so are the minutes freely available? 

10 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Well said. 

It's certainly not the OSP that was presented me at the first meeting with the club. 

The OSP is there for all the fans, not just you. Things may not be working quite as everyone hoped but you and Til are like a dog with a bone about it. I would guess that most people are happy to just go to games, support their team and see how the OSP develops. Two meetings ( ?) and the pair of you can’t wait to criticise. Makes a change from counting flags I suppose

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

The OSP is there for all the fans, not just you. Things may not be working quite as everyone hoped but you and Til are like a dog with a bone about it. I would guess that most people are happy to just go to games, support their team and see how the OSP develops. Two meetings ( ?) and the pair of you can’t wait to criticise. Makes a change from counting flags I suppose

Constantly constructive as always FF. 

And yes I do see the irony. 

Well done playing the poster(s) again. 

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I will reserve my judgment until the minutes come out, hopefully Monday. I tend to find though the larger the organisation the quicker the minutes are issued, having worked for companys far larger than NCFC over the years. It's a fans forum, you're not setting the next 5  seasons club objectives.

As Wolfie has said we are all passionate about our club, even those that arent in the privileged position of being on the OSP and being more ITK. 

I just think, personally, that customer interaction either direct or via the OSP is poor to non existent, and that's exactly what the panel was set up to eradicate. I was at the initial zoom meeting when it was discussed. 

Oh Dear @Greavsy you really are passionate about our club, i'm not convinced of that, you seem to be looking at every possible way of having a dig at the club, and with regard to the OSP im not sure if its jealousy on your part against the people who are on it, or just another attempt to undermine and discredit the club? if you feel you would be up for joining the OSP then your chance will come, as you know.

you said "I just think, personally, that customer interaction either direct or via the OSP is poor to non existent, and that's exactly what the panel was set up to eradicate" that is not what it was set up for at all, in simplistic terms, it is purely to act a sounding board for the club, which is why i guess when you hear quotes from other fan groups on topics, such as the drum, we are not part of it, and wouldn't expect to be.

The "atmosphere" meeting you mentioned was a meeting for several of the fan groups to discuss fans returning to the stadium in full numbers, and how flags were not allowed owing to restrictions at that time.

Like the rest of us you will see the OSP minutes on the official website soon, where everyone will have access and i'm sure you will in your own imitable style critique. 

Edited by Lessingham Canary
spelling error
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Jesus wept, FTW hasn't become the Prime f*cking Minister, he's not some all-seeing over-powering superhero who's ignoring you either.

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read 😂

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

They are volunteers. If you were that concerned, you should have really volunteered yourself. Then you'd have access to all this information in the timescale you seem to require.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Oh Dear @Greavsy you really are passionate about our club, i'm not convinced of that, you seem to be looking at every possible way of having a dig at the club, and with regard to the OSP im not sure if its jealousy on your part against the people who are on it, or just another attempt to undermine and discredit the club? if you feel you would be up for joining the OSP then your chance will come, as you know.

you said "I just think, personally, that customer interaction either direct or via the OSP is poor to non existent, and that's exactly what the panel was set up to eradicate" that is not what it was set up for at all, in simplistic terms, it is purely to act a sounding board for the club, which is why i guess when you hear quotes from other fan groups on topics, such as the drum, we are not part of it, and wouldn't expect to be.

The "atmosphere" meeting you mentioned was a meeting for several of the fan groups to discuss fans returning to the stadium in full numbers, and how flags were not allowed owing to restrictions at that time.

Like the rest of us you will see the OSP minutes on the official website soon, where everyone will have access and i'm sure you will in your own imitable style critique. 

Passionate yes I'll agree with that. And that's not a trait reserved for osp members. Certainly not jealous. 

Your post reaffirms my view, that whilst you represent the fans who voted you into that position, and you canvassed on here for their votes you dont seek their views or provide them with feedback. We are almost treated as an inconvenience. I repeat my view of the OSP being a closed shop. 

The OSP was meant to be different to the other supporters groups. 

Anyways I've said my piece, and I appreciate your response, and suggest we agree to disagree, at least until the minutes are released. 

Edited by Greavsy

21 hours ago, Greavsy said:

City Elite i believe they are known as. 

Really? Pretty sad little collection of "Elite" folk 😂