Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Have you subscribed to the new Pink Un app?

Have you subscribed to the new Pink Un app?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Have you subscribed to the new Pink Un app?

• Yes
    • No
    • The what?

Is it worth the price? Anyone know? Honestly currious. Sure does seem to be a whole lot of hatred towards the service becoming a paid only subscription on social media thats for sure..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Afraid not, just curious if anyone knows if it's worth a subscirption 😂

Try it free for a month to see if it is or not. Can't say fairer than that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is it worth the price? Anyone know? Honestly currious. Sure does seem to be a whole lot of hatred towards the service becoming a paid only subscription on social media thats for sure..

I think all the content should be free , there are plenty of adverts on here which should finance it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

I think all the content should be free , there are plenty of adverts on here which should finance it.

Unfortunately not. The advertising on the PinkUn website isn't going to be generating anything significant.

I must try the app, I haven't done yet. If it's decent then £1.99 a month is more than fair.

7 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Do many people actually look at the adverts ? They're so b*oody annoying !

I honestly couldn't tell you what any of the current lot are but they must have some affect on us or the companies wouldn't pay to do so.

No, and I won't be doing so. Been reading the Pinkun for years but I'll be honest, if I'm going to have to pay for football journalism I'll be going for Michael Bailey's content on The Athletic. The Pinkun's jounalists do a decent enough job covering Norwich but their reporting for me often seems too uncritical and almost afraid to ask the uncomfortable questions, especially when players and/or staff aren't pulling their weight and deserve legitimate questions and criticism; and follows the official club line. Fair enough for a free service and that approach is valid in and of itself, but MB at least has more independence and if I'm paying for content then I want the best I can get.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They've ruined my main thread making method 😭

There's always onlyfans, you could print the articles out and 'accidentally' have them in your hands as you lay in the hot tub looking all sultry.  Anyone asks, we were just studying you the whole time. 👍

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

My concern is that I would be paying for content re-circulated from publications I have already paid for or which are free.

I have the Pinkun app for the extra bits from DF and Paddy, although the media stuff doesn’t always seem to work well. I block ads on the Pinkun site so fair’s fair. Also pay for the Athletic and find MB’s content brilliant but there’s not enough of it, luckily I get all my other football media from there too.

I signed up when the app was first released and have found I generally read a lot more Pinkun content now.

My free trial ends next week and I think I use the app enough to justify the £19.99 annual fee. That works out at £1.67 a month, or 39p a week. I think that's pretty good value, to be honest.

I'm also very wary of the impact of The Athletic on local journalism. In short, they want to destroy it. This is a quote from one of The Athletic's founders:

"We will wait every local paper out and let them continuously bleed until we are the last ones standing,” Alex Mather, a co-founder of The Athletic, said in an interview in San Francisco. “We will suck them dry of their best talent at every moment. We will make business extremely difficult for them.”

Screw The Athletic.

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Like 1

As a remote supporter the links to what’s going on are hard enough to get, and I consider it important to keep local media going.  I think I’ll get it - though haven’t yet. 

I subscribe, not really certain the argument about the lack of ads or extra content justify the money.  For me it is about supporting the Pinkun, and I do read / watch almost all the content regularly so the fee is fine, compared to my Prime video / Netflix costs it is a bargain, and it is also cheaper than when I bought the Pinkun each week.

I can’t compare it to the Athletic as I have never tried it.

I would love it to have some form of audio or video coverage of the game, I guess that would cost a lot more.

33 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I subscribe, not really certain the argument about the lack of ads or extra content justify the money.  For me it is about supporting the Pinkun, and I do read / watch almost all the content regularly so the fee is fine, compared to my Prime video / Netflix costs it is a bargain, and it is also cheaper than when I bought the Pinkun each week.

I can’t compare it to the Athletic as I have never tried it.

I would love it to have some form of audio or video coverage of the game, I guess that would cost a lot more.

Indeed. Why didn’t they just give away the printed version?

As they say in Silicon Valley ‘if you cannot see the product, you are the product’

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy

If the poll on here is a representation of the take up generally with Norwich fans i suggest Archant may well be somewhat disappointed with 15% .

No - I rarely read the Pink Un stuff these days as when I have had a look it's normally pretty poor fodder (no offense to anyone involved, just my opinion).

That said, I have noticed they've got Chris Sutton on board now though so it's possible they might be  upping their game.

OTBC

On 28/01/2022 at 13:18, cambridgeshire canary said:

They've ruined my main thread making method 😭

I really hope you're not naive enough to think that was accidental.🤓