Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Farke - too close for comfort

Recommended Posts

I've just seen where Farke's new club, Krasnodar, are geographically after reading the interview with him.  It's the nearest city to Crimea!  Rather him than me, given the chances of it all kicking off.  I hope the billionaire owner at the club has a direct line to Putin to calm him down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no military threat to Krasnodar or any other Russian cities..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not yet.

Who are you suggesting is likely to attack Russia?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The rest of the world after they have invaded the east of Ukraine? 🤔

I think supporting the Ukrainian defences is more likely than actually invading Russia. That would be a fast track to mutually assured destruction...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kirku said:

Who are you suggesting is likely to attack Russia?

Johnson's poll ratings are plummeting?? Just a thought.😉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The rest of the world after they have invaded the east of Ukraine? 🤔

Russia already invaded eastern Ukraine in 2014.

Russia is entirely capable and willing to use both tactical and strategic nuclear weapons, alongside its very capable conventional military - so it is extremely unlikely that anyone would seek to invade Russia.

The main fear at the moment is a far broader Russian attack, swiftly moving on Kyiv from the mobilised forces in Belarus to the north and potentially from Crimea to the south.

Put it this way, Farke would be "far too close for comfort" if he'd taken over at Dynamo Kyiv, exponentially more so than he is at FK Krasnodar.

Edited by kirku
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kirku said:

Russia already invaded eastern Ukraine in 2014.

Russia is entirely capable and willing to use both tactical and strategic nuclear weapons, alongside its very capable conventional military - so it is extremely unlikely that anyone would seek to invade Russia.

The main fear at the moment is a far broader Russian attack, swiftly moving on Kyiv from the mobilised forces in Belarus to the north and potentially from Crimea to the south.

Put it this way, Farke would be "far too close for comfort" if he'd taken over at Dynamo Kyiv, exponentially more so than he is at FK Krasnodar.

Literally not a chance that anyone is invading, or militarily attacking Russia in its own territory. The nuclear deterrent is very effective in relation to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Ukraine are trying to calm Nato down, they think Nato keeping up the pressure is aggravating this more than Russia!    Strange world!

If they were about to kick down my door and no one was going to help I might feel the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Literally not a chance that anyone is invading, or militarily attacking Russia in its own territory. The nuclear deterrent is very effective in relation to that.

Agreed. Ukraine could soon be declared russian territory though so an instant test of that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Ukraine are trying to calm Nato down, they think Nato keeping up the pressure is aggravating this more than Russia!    Strange world!

Ah, yes.

Russia is gravely concerned about the 8,500 US troops who haven't been deployed whilst telling everyone that nobody should be concerned about the 100,000 troops they have deployed.

Obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It beggars belief that there are people out there who actually think that we (or anyone else) are going to attack Russia. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kirku said:

Ah, yes.

Russia is gravely concerned about the 8,500 US troops who haven't been deployed whilst telling everyone that nobody should be concerned about the 100,000 troops they have deployed.

Obviously. 

Just relaying what a Senior Ukranian Minister stated yesterday.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kirku said:

Who are you suggesting is likely to attack Russia?

Well.... no government.

But Ukrainian resistance / militia groups when Russia occupies Ukraine? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

I don't get that response from you?   

Well the bulid up from Russia is 100k troops and talk of the west presenting a threat. What I've seen from the West so far is a lot of talk and threatning sanctions. So my point is Ukraine has a large Russian force outside it's door and on the other side they have a bunch of countries talking ****, but not turning up for the fight. I know we've sent weapons and advisors etc, but my point is the It's the ukrainians **** on the line and they don't want to **** the Russians off right now incase they can avoid fighting, but that's exactly what the west are are doing.

I know it's not that simple though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It beggars belief that there are people out there who actually think that we (or anyone else) are going to attack Russia. 

it's not what we think that matters, Russia has said on many occasions that if Belarus and/or Ukraine joined Nato, they would be surrounded by Nato and would consider it a prelude to war. 

it's the reason they grabbed crimea, as it was the long standing naval port of the Russia Fleet. Under no circumstances where they going to give their own port to nato.

Nato making a big issue out of the 100k troops (that are still on Russian soil). But the reality, Russia is/was making a point.... that it can get 100k and mobilised very quickly. They will go home again in a few weeks... just like last time.

Edited by Baracouda
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a follow up to my OP, from my reading of the business pages today, the profit taking on the world's stock markets yesterday has been a bigger threat to Putin than any other. It's no good in this modern world invading another country when your own economy goes to pot, its not the way to win over your population some of whom quite liked going to Ukraine for holidays!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well.... no government.

But Ukrainian resistance / militia groups when Russia occupies Ukraine? 

 

So we're saying that Farke is under threat from potential Ukrainian terrorist attacks on Krasnodar in the eventuality that Russia invades and then occupies Ukraine?

Right..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baracouda said:

Nato making a big issue out of the 100k troops (that are still on Russian soil). But the reality, Russia is/was making a point.... that it can get 100k and mobilised very quickly. They will go home again in a few weeks... just like last time.

Belarus is not Russian soil. 

The issue is as much about how mismatched Russia is in terms of soft power combined with the clearly complicated nature of the breakup of the USSR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

As a follow up to my OP, from my reading of the business pages today, the profit taking on the world's stock markets yesterday has been a bigger threat to Putin than any other. It's no good in this modern world invading another country when your own economy goes to pot, its not the way to win over your population some of whom quite liked going to Ukraine for holidays!   

The issue with this angle is that the markets have already factored in the potential for invasion, which makes the economic costs of an actual invasion less painful - thus making it more likely..

Edit: there's also no influential strata of Russian society who would be especially put out by an inability to holiday in Ukraine, even before they annexed Crimea

Edited by kirku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kirku said:

Belarus is not Russian soil. 

The issue is as much about how mismatched Russia is in terms of soft power combined with the clearly complicated nature of the breakup of the USSR.

Belarus and Russia, signed a deal about unification at some point in the 1990's and have recently talked about unification again. They also have a military alliance, but my understanding is the Russian troops are at Soloti (Russia).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

Belarus and Russia, signed a deal about unification at some point in the 1990's and have recently talked about unification again. They also have a military alliance, but my understanding is the Russian troops are at Soloti (Russia).

There's huge build up in Belarus. Also very probably in Transnistria (Moldova).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kirku said:

So we're saying that Farke is under threat from potential Ukrainian terrorist attacks on Krasnodar in the eventuality that Russia invades and then occupies Ukraine?

Right..

No I didn't say that, clearly.

Perhaps if you spent as much time reading as you did slapping your keyboard like a seal with a serious brain injury you'd have done a better job of comprehending.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think supporting the Ukrainian defences is more likely than actually invading Russia. That would be a fast track to mutually assured destruction...

Looks like the world has no intention of putting troops into Ukraine at all because they aren't a Nato ally.

The West is only talking about sending troops to Eastern Europe should an invasion occur, in other words they have no intention of preventing one and the Ukraine is on its own.

The Ukraine has been sold down the river by the EU and Nato who have caused this tension by attempting to expand to incorporate Ukraine, Germany have gone from being the driving force behind an attempt to accelerate Ukraine's adoption into the EU to sitting on the fence and remaining silent because they don't want to pull the plug on the Nord Stream pipeline.

Germany are even refusing to sell Ukraine weapons, complete stitch up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No I didn't say that, clearly.

Perhaps if you spent as much time reading as you did slapping your keyboard like a seal with a serious brain injury you'd have done a better job of comprehending.

 

 

Oh look who's been drinking again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Which one of these is you? 

You're a notoriously odious pr*ck at the best of times but the fact that it's so apparent when you've had a few jars - by someone reading your posts on a forum - should be a cause for legitimate concern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...