Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So was this a foul?

https://mixture.gg/v/61ed8c8025221

Thoughts and prayers go to Thiago  Silva at this tough time after that horrible, violent attack and assault from Kane.. Some say he may never walk again.

Being serious however what even is the point in having VAR when they see this going on are like 'Nope looks fine to me I'm not going to check that'

At least Silva can claim his gold medal in olympic diving after the match..

58 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Being serious however what even is the point in having VAR when they see this going on are like 'Nope looks fine to me I'm not going to check that'

What's the point of having an on pitch referee if you have var...... 

Heard about the incident on the radio but that's the first time I've seen it.

To be fair, it does look like he clips Silva?

Clear foul. Why else would Kane had put his hand on back of Silva than to shove him. Tactical foul to get opponen off the balance.

• Like 1

I hate Harry Kane.

But that is never a foul. It's a ****ing contact sport for crying out loud. There was no push, the bloke has dived to get out of trouble.

Edited by canarydan23

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I hate Harry Kane.

But that is never a foul. It's a ****ing contact sport for crying out loud. There was no push, the bloke has dived to get out of trouble.

Exactly this. Its supposed to be a contact support so simply touching an opponent shouldn't class as a foul.

If that was a foul then so was Pukki's yesterday. Defenders have got to enter the new world where falling down at the slightest touch is not going to be tolerated.  It spoils the sport when these kinds of pathetic fallings down get awarded as fouls.  It's the one good thing I've seen this season from officialdom (some of the time) - the more common sense approach to what and what is not a foul.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 3

Never a foul in a million years, the fact that people, including the useless officials are saying it is shows how far down the crapper the modern game has gone. 

I must be in a huge minority as I feel it was a very obvious push and therefore a foul. 

Yes it is a physical sport and I detest the people who dive (and I'm no great lover of Harry Kane) but two hands on Thiago's back and pushing him, simply put, it's a foul.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Never a foul in a million years, the fact that people, including the useless officials are saying it is shows how far down the crapper the modern game has gone. 

My sentiments exactly, the comments here disappointed me more than the decision. That is never, ever a foul. Just because someone touches you does not give you the right to throw yourself to the floor.

It was a dive. The goal was legit. Referees are ****. Players are ****. Fans are starting to become ****.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

It is contact sport, but pushing back is far from what the contact is supposed to be. Kane put his hand on the back when there was no ball in situation yet and when opponent was moving away from him. Push was very mild, but he had no other reason to put his hand there than get unfair advantage by pushing defender. Dirty trick that you see very often these days.

I'd be much more tolerant if they were fighting the ball shoulder to shoulder.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hepphep said:

It is contact sport, but pushing back is far from what the contact is supposed to be. Kane put his hand on the back when there was no ball in situation yet and when opponent was moving away from him. Push was very mild, but he had no other reason to put his hand there than get unfair advantage by pushing defender. Dirty trick that you see very often these days.

I'd be much more tolerant if they were fighting the ball shoulder to shoulder.

Could Kane not have put his hand there to steady himself, rather than push. 

The defender was too far forward to make a challenge / difference. 

Very little difference between Kane's today and Pukki's on Friday. In fact, Pukki's nudge was probably stronger. 

Its the lack of consistency that annoys people, but at the same time, both decisions were left with the on-field referee without VAR overturning anything which is what we want, where possible.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Very little difference between Kane's today and Pukki's on Friday. In fact, Pukki's nudge was probably stronger. 

Its the lack of consistency that annoys people, but at the same time, both decisions were left with the on-field referee without VAR overturning anything which is what we want, where possible.

Agreed, Pukki's wasn't a foul and Kane's was even less of a foul than Pukki's. Ridiculous. 

Oh, I thought he must have clipped Silva's heels. It was given for the push?!?!? JFC

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Obvious push in back, so foul. Nothing to see here in terms of controversy. 

Christ, the game really is dead.

Nonsense, you don't put your hands in someone's back. Not difficult. Even the most minor of pushes there can knock someone off balance.

As @hepphep correctly noted, it if had been shoulder to shoulder, then sure - that's allowed. Pushes from behind never have been.

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nonsense, you don't put your hands in someone's back. Not difficult. Even the most minor of pushes there can knock someone off balance.

As @hepphep correctly noted, it if had been shoulder to shoulder, then sure - that's allowed. Pushes from behind never have been.

You know you can put your hand on someone without pushing them, don't you.

Silva has taken a dive. It's a sad indictment of how desensitised some football fans have become to the brazen cheating that people are actually defending this total horse****.

A dark day for football when neutrals are not just saying nothing to see here, but also about that farcical Jota penalty as well.

Another nail in the coffin of the concept of football as a sport.

Not when running at pace or sprinting, you can't. 

That is NOT a dive. You could possibly argue he lost balance easily, but when you're sprinting it doesn't take that much to put someone off balance, especially if that contact is from behind you, which it was in this case.

The rest of that post is overdramatic in the extreme.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not when running at pace or sprinting, you can't. 

That is NOT a dive. You could possibly argue he lost balance easily, but when you're sprinting it doesn't take that much to put someone off balance, especially if that contact is from behind you, which it was in this case.

The rest of that post is overdramatic in the extreme.

Oh come off it, Dan is 100% right, Silva has took a dive pure and simple. The decision is yet another shocker by this countries utterly incompetent officials. 

I'm presuming you thought Pukki fouled the Watford lad too Friday night? 

The game, and sadly it appears some fans have gone utterly soft, such a shame. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Oh come off it, Dan is 100% right, Silva has took a dive pure and simple. The decision is yet another shocker by this countries utterly incompetent officials. 

I'm presuming you thought Pukki fouled the Watford lad too Friday night? 

The game, and sadly it appears some fans have gone utterly soft, such a shame. 

No he's not. He's wrong. Pushes in the back are always a foul.

Looks to me like some fans have gone over-dramatic. Referee has got that one right and he clearly saw it straight away.

Look forward to seeing some other qualified referees comment on this.

Hmm, it is soft.  But as @TheGunnShow says, you can easily go down like that if you're running and starting to turn back on yourself - Which is what Silva was doing as the ball came in.

It only takes a slight nudge to send you down as momentum change because you're already unbalanced as weight shifts.

Trouble is, if that was Kane v Hanley/Gibson I'm not so sure we get it.  But, then Silva has been very keen to allow himself to go down easily too.  There's no desire to stay on his feet once he feels that hand, and I think that's what peeves most people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If that was a foul then so was Pukki's yesterday. Defenders have got to enter the new world where falling down at the slightest touch is not going to be tolerated.  It spoils the sport when these kinds of pathetic fallings down get awarded as fouls.  It's the one good thing I've seen this season from officialdom (some of the time) - the more common sense approach to what and what is not a foul.

Some might say however its how the defender has evolved - it's their version of diving for a penalty. Forwards have been doing defenders over for years like that. Maybe this is how the defender fights back - going down too easily themselves...

He who dives, wins...