Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

The Brentford drone

Sorry, I know this is hardly the hot topic of the weekend. I just watched last nights MOTM and noticed the police helicopter was sent to patrol the area.

Just got me wondering, if the drone did come back, what exactly would the police helicopter be able to do? Get out a big fishing net or something?

Any drone experts out there?

It’s not that it was a drone, it’s that it was an “un-licensed drone”, the premier league can fly as many drones and give everyone in the ground a haircut if they like.

The thought of somebody broadcasting a game from a drone on Instagram live was enough to get a police helicopter scrambled and a 20 minute delay.

pathetic

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s not that it was a drone, it’s that it was an “un-licensed drone”, the premier league can fly as many drones and give everyone in the ground a haircut if they like.

The thought of somebody broadcasting a game from a drone on Instagram live was enough to get a police helicopter scrambled and a 20 minute delay.

pathetic

Oh I see, so it was all about TV rights and money then. Good old Premier League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

Sorry, I know this is hardly the hot topic of the weekend. I just watched last nights MOTM and noticed the police helicopter was sent to patrol the area.

Just got me wondering, if the drone did come back, what exactly would the police helicopter be able to do? Get out a big fishing net or something?

I would have thought had it returned the plod copter would have been out there sharpish. You don't really want a drone mangled up in the rotor blades.

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

Oh I see, so it was all about TV rights and money then. Good old Premier League.

Surely not? I assumed it was a potential safety issue.

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Hello? 😉

Thats one of your better ones. You're getting better..... Ish. 

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

pathetic

In General drones are a bloody plague had one flying over the house the other day and would loved to been able to shoot it down

it was dark and chances are it was some old pervert looking for open windows to look in

Sadly its against the law to shoot them even if they are suposed to be 50 metres horizontal  away from either property you dont own or people and cars  this pretty much makes it against the law to fly in a built up area because of landing and takeoff

as for what the police can do they now use short range guns which disable either the drone or the signal uncertain which

after the heathrow thing a few years back they sorted that part out

Edited by Paul101

8 hours ago, Satriales said:

The police helicopter can look for the people controlling it

6 hours ago, AJ said:

The police helicopter can look for the people controlling it

they disable them with a gun now if its safe

cuts the signal or fries them

• Like 1

I thought the whole stopping the match thing and the Police helicopter was a massive overreaction. If it crashed into the crowd I suppose it might have taken one person out, but I suspect that wasn't the plan and unlikely to have happened. 

One of the players should have just booted a ball at it. Problem solved.

Quite a way up to reach, admittedly, but sure plenty of them could spoon it that high. 

All the attention it received feels like an incentive for other idiots to start doing it at other games now. If your team is losing, get the drone out and the match abandoned.

11 minutes ago, Satriales said:

All the attention it received feels like an incentive for other idiots to start doing it at other games now. If your team is losing, get the drone out and the match abandoned.

In completely unrelated news. I hear theres a sudden high demand for drones in Suffolk...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I thought a helicopter was dispatched because the Brentford stadium is a wee bit close for comfort to Heathrow flight paths?

Yeah, theres no fly zones marked out on the drone apps near airports/prisons - they should all be registered too and trackable. 

plus you have to stay away from crowds.

I have one but only really use it in the countryside away from people

1 minute ago, Haus said:

Yeah, theres no fly zones marked out on the drone apps near airports/prisons - they should all be registered too and trackable. 

plus you have to stay away from crowds.

I have one but only really use it in the countryside away from people

Does the app automatically stop you flying into a no fly zone or is it for guidance only?

10 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Does the app automatically stop you flying into a no fly zone or is it for guidance only?

Should stop you for airports/prisons/stadiums.  I get warnings in other areas too telling me to check things etc.  

You need authorisation to unlock the ability to fly in a prohibited/restricted area though, then you can unlock it.  You need to apply for that with proof.  

Just checked on my phone app now, the Brentford stadium is definitely in a no fly zone where it wont allow you to fly into without permission.

Edited by Haus

8 minutes ago, Haus said:

Should stop you for airports/prisons/stadiums.  I get warnings in other areas too telling me to check things etc.  

You need authorisation to unlock the ability to fly in a prohibited/restricted area though, then you can unlock it.  You need to apply for that with proof.  

Just checked on my phone app now, the Brentford stadium is definitely in a no fly zone where it wont allow you to fly into without permission.

Yeah, for the decent ones, most of the cheap ones don't have GPS built in so there's no way to enforce any of that...

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Or turn the floodlights off?

Yes, I’m looking at you Watford.

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Yeah, for the decent ones, most of the cheap ones don't have GPS built in so there's no way to enforce any of that...

Those cheap ones you'd have to be able to see them, so much more obvious when you take off and land them etc.