22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Love to see it. Not a bad goal either.. He should have been brought back here πŸ˜‰

Β 

Love Argos. I would have had him back too.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Love Argos. I would have had him back too.

OTBC

From what has been suggested,Β  Smith did take a look at him. Unfortunately Onel had a really poor time at Boro, didn't score or assist really and generally didn't play well. Hopefully it was just their system and he will have a better time at Brum but I wouldn't have had him back based on his performances at Championship level this season!

I likeΒ Hernandez but the lack of game time over the last 2 seasons I thought he’d bulked up too much and lost some pace. Going out on loan was a gamble but if that means he comes back next season fit and confident then we have a decent player on our hands whatever league we’re in.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

From what has been suggested,Β  Smith did take a look at him. Unfortunately Onel had a really poor time at Boro, didn't score or assist really and generally didn't play well. Hopefully it was just their system and he will have a better time at Brum but I wouldn't have had him back based on his performances at Championship level this season!

I live quite close to Middlesbrough and so have quite a fewΒ Boro supporting mates. When he first went there, they were loving Argos. Got lots of positive comments about him and that they couldn't believe we had let him go out on loan. After that, I think injuries and the general form of the team taking a drop (and Warnock's sacking) had an impact.

Like you said, hopefully he'll have a better time at Brum; he comes across as a top top lad who injects energy and enthusiasm into any team he plays for.

OTBC

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

*Got it wrong.

Actually, what you first put was correct, he was man of the match in his first run out according to Birmingham Mail, it's just that first run out was v Preston last week, not Barnsley yesterday.Β 

Two MOTM in three appearances so far.

Β 

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Actually, what you first put was correct, he was man of the match in his first run out according to Birmingham Mail, it's just that first run out was v Preston last week, not Barnsley yesterday.Β 

Two MOTM in three appearances so far.

Β 

That's probably what confused me. Forgive me πŸ˜‚

45 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's probably what confused me. Forgive me πŸ˜‚

Nope , make aΒ  mistake, makes you a liar, TuB says so.

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‡πŸ‘

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'd have him back here around our squad ahead of Cantwell Dowell Tzolis and Placheta ..

The issue might have been budgetary though.

Yeah it would be nice to have him around, get him off the bench for a few minutes against tired legs, nice insurance policy against a Rashica injury. I wanted us to bring him back.

But what if there's limited scope for Dean Smith to bring one or two in, and bringing Onel would partially jeopardise that? We don't know whether there are any takers for the other players listed.

Also, think Dowell could fill in as a makeshift centre mid and we're down to bare bones there, I'd keep him around for that reason.

And as good as Onel can look at times, and as much as you'd hate to be an ageing full back seeing him brought on in the 75th minute, he isn't the brightest of players and he can't cross a ball. Look at that Sargent header, if anything I think we need to work on Placheta's crossing and getting him to get balls in earlier, he'll probably be useful enough.

And finally, Sargent just scored 2 goals from the right wing. So all those other wide players are competing for one spot on the left now in my opinion, and Rashica has that nailed down as long as he can stay fit.

Heart wants Onel back, head leans towards understanding why he isn't.Β 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

7 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nope , make aΒ  mistake, makes you a liar, TuB says so.

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‡πŸ‘

Surprised you have so much time to sit on here talking with us plebsΒ with a 6 bedroom house and 60 acres of land to maintain, suppose you have servants to do that?

Β 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Surprised you have so much time to sit on here talking with us plebsΒ with a 6 bedroom house and 60 acres of land to maintain, suppose you have servants to do that?

Β 

Actually , yes , he's called Jimmy and he'd not take kindly to beingΒ called a servant. He pays good money to have his cattle graze some of the fields. Thanks for asking.Β 

14 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

Miss this guy. I think we’re going to look back very very fondly at most of that 18/19 squad in years to come.Β 

When is his contract up? Might still be with us next year if we're relegated. Or even if we survive and he carries on getting two MOTMs and a goal every three games for Birmingham!

4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

When is his contract up? Might still be with us next year if we're relegated. Or even if we survive and he carries on getting two MOTMs and a goal every three games for Birmingham!

The real question is will Onel update his Norwich tattoo next season for the new badge?πŸ€”