Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Ronaldo today

Just watching MOTD and note he took an exaggerated tumble after a slight tug on his shoulder..... IDENTICAL.... to the one by Arrons, the decision? No penalty..... 🤔

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Also noticed that this Man United amazing wonderful incredable 1 goal thriller is on first while our boring and uneventful match in which nothing happened is on last 🙃

The Friday night game is always on last I believe!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Also noticed that this Man United amazing wonderful incredable 1 goal thriller is on first while our boring and uneventful match in which nothing happened is on last 🙃

Friday night game is always last. I think it's because they still believe there are people that actually watch MOTD without knowing the scores, which I highly doubt in this day and age, whereas the assumption is everyone will know the Friday score already. 

• Like 1

Cheating and corrupt scum are United. Hope they go on a bad run and Football Focus getting all giddy over them as if they won the league, was sickening as well as the way United celebrated the goal.

Goes to show how much they have sunk, once upon a time Man City were the ones doing that.

As much as I loathe them and referees always go on their side while the FA bend their backs over to help them (keeping a transfer window open for them and shut it for everyone else to sign a player for example), there is no other team I loathe than them tractor lot down the road.

Putting Man United on first….. that reminds me of “The Premiership” on ITV, where they would choose two “featured matches” to show the highlights of, while just showing the goals from the rest with a Gabriel Clarke overdub…. and guess what?, the “featured matches” were 98 percent of the time Man United, even during the season Arsenal went invincible.

MOTD even spent 15 minutes discussing Man United when they were not even playing once. They wouldn’t have put us on first if we played today and won 3-0, they just want to keep the cash cow that sells the league abroad relevant, so put them lot on first. So glad I don’t watch that rubbish and just go on YouTube.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Like 1

I know refs can't be perfect, and that's where you'll get a lack of consistency, thankfully they've bought in VAR to clear up those clear and obvious errors... Oh wait...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

I know refs can't be perfect, and that's where you'll get a lack of consistency, thankfully they've bought in VAR to clear up those clear and obvious errors... Oh wait...

And on top of that some of them are fat

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, AJ said:

This is not just VAR. This is Manchester United VAR.

9 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

United's goal looked totally legit as well...

Heh, got a laugh for that. 

But to be honest with VAR picture though, it is actually not as bad it seems. Hand is not counted so it takes most of it off and the rules were changed so that the thick line should be used and comparing to that the head likely is counted in. So in that sense, seems like a right call by the rules.

Just as a comparison with thicker line and line that is actually drawn straight.

image.png.c40359743112ebeed273bfa94e5d68ae.png

Edited by hepphep

12 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Just watching MOTD and note he took an exaggerated tumble after a slight tug on his shoulder..... IDENTICAL.... to the one by Arrons, the decision? No penalty..... 🤔

Do you mean the one by Zouma? If so, Zouma's arms never went up to shoulder height, and the main difference here is that the referee gave it on-field against Aarons. 

Don't get me wrong, the Aarons 'foul' was never a penalty for me, but Zouma's was even less so.

12 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Tried exactly the same dive against Brentford too, ref ignored it. He's always been a cheat but his talent used to shine above it. Now, to me he just looks a washed up luxury penalty taker. 

Edited by Bluefloyd

14 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

Cheating and corrupt scum are United. Hope they go on a bad run and Football Focus getting all giddy over them as if they won the league, was sickening as well as the way United celebrated the goal.

Goes to show how much they have sunk, once upon a time Man City were the ones doing that.

As much as I loathe them and referees always go on their side while the FA bend their backs over to help them (keeping a transfer window open for them and shut it for everyone else to sign a player for example), there is no other team I loathe than them tractor lot down the road.

Putting Man United on first….. that reminds me of “The Premiership” on ITV, where they would choose two “featured matches” to show the highlights of, while just showing the goals from the rest with a Gabriel Clarke overdub…. and guess what?, the “featured matches” were 98 percent of the time Man United, even during the season Arsenal went invincible.

MOTD even spent 15 minutes discussing Man United when they were not even playing once. They wouldn’t have put us on first if we played today and won 3-0, they just want to keep the cash cow that sells the league abroad relevant, so put them lot on first. So glad I don’t watch that rubbish and just go on YouTube.

Also despise them, and their relative struggles since Fergie left has been a pleasure to observe. It would be pure bliss to watch them sink further into the pack, which is possible despite their financial power. Imagine if they were sucked into a relegation battle! Highly unlikely in my lifetime I suppose. Over here in Ireland, their supporters squirm a lot more these days, are a lot less cocky and the sight of Man U jerseys is delightfully conspicuous by its absence (certainly less common anyway).

I love it when they get beaten, love it!

15 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

United's goal looked totally legit as well...

Rendering engineer here. The line is projected on the ground. You can’t use it to compare the head or upper body position directly unless the camera is in line with the player. Due to the location of the camera (behind the player) the arms and head will appear further forward due to the projection.

14 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

Rendering engineer here. The line is projected on the ground. You can’t use it to compare the head or upper body position directly unless the camera is in line with the player. Due to the location of the camera (behind the player) the arms and head will appear further forward due to the projection.

Interesting, but what’s the right way to analyse it in that case?

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Interesting, but what’s the right way to analyse it in that case?

Ideally with multiple cameras. If a feature is visible from two or more cameras, you can locate it 3D space. 

• Like 1

VAR offside should be based on feet only generally the forward is leaning towards goal with the defender leaning away from goal - the rule used to be a player "standing" in an offside position.

It would surely make the decision easier and therefore quicker - if its not clear then the on field decision stands.

I dont think VAR should check every goal either. 

14 hours ago, The Great Drinkell said:

VAR offside should be based on feet only generally the forward is leaning towards goal with the defender leaning away from goal - the rule used to be a player "standing" in an offside position.

It would surely make the decision easier and therefore quicker - if its not clear then the on field decision stands.

This is stating the bleedingly obvious but the football authorities seem reluctant somehow.  Barmy!