Sign in to follow this  
andyK99999

Points Prediction

Probably already mentioned somewhere but I've just noticed that since Dean Smith became manager Norwich have now averaged exactly 1 point per game. With 16 games remaining if we continue at this rate for the rest of the season it gets us to 32 points. Sneak an extra win in there somewhere along the way & suddenly survival doesn't seem that far fetched.

There’s still plenty possible - there was definitely a marked improvement in performance under DS prior to Villa and our horrible injury/illness woes, so you’d hope we have a bit more of a chance with those players coming back.

It’s definitely not beyond the realms of possibility that Everton/Brentford/Leeds could be drawn into the mix over the long haul that is the final 16 games.

I think we're still behind where we'd want to be if we want to stay up. If we break the habit of a lifetime and beat Palace then, for the first time this season, I think will be just about par. 

Earlier in the season I couldn't imagine who the three teams we would finish above were. But I can now. OTBC

30 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

There’s still plenty possible - there was definitely a marked improvement in performance under DS prior to Villa and our horrible injury/illness woes, so you’d hope we have a bit more of a chance with those players coming back.

It’s definitely not beyond the realms of possibility that Everton/Brentford/Leeds could be drawn into the mix over the long haul that is the final 16 games.

Tsk tsk, you know we're not allowed to mention illness/injury woes. That's been banned as a reasonable excuse and instead we must simply blame it on Delia/Delia & MWJ/ 'the board'/Webber. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Tsk tsk, you know we're not allowed to mention illness/injury woes. That's been banned as a reasonable excuse and instead we must simply blame it on Delia/Delia & MWJ/ 'the board'/Webber. 

I know, but now we’ve won a few I thought I might get away with it😉!

• Haha 1

We're still 4 or 5 points shy of where we should be to stay up, but if we really have turned a corner then we still have 8 or 9 winnable games left. Convert 6 of those and we have a shout - might not be enough, but at least we'd go down with a bit of fight. I also think Leeds, Everton and Brentford will be starting to get nervous if they lose another couple - you never know.

2 wins away from beating 2 seasons ago total, and considering on that poll a couple of months ago 99% of us voted this seasons team is worse, I'm happy to report it looks like 99% of us are going to be wrong 😁

• Haha 1

I'm going for 37, and I think it will be Burnley, Watford and Brentford to go down. 🎣

• Like 1

A point a game gets us to 32 and I’m not sure it will be many more than that required. All of a sudden Everton (surely not, with players like Richarlison, Gray and Calvert-Lewin), Leeds and Brentford seem in touch. But we have played more games than most. I’m amazed Burnley are not outright favourites for relegation, they’ve sold their best striker and the fixture pile up will surely affect them? 

04FC18B7-1E96-4E64-B5D0-D17F6AC26A20.jpeg

Watford vs. Norwich City

One sided performances in the whole match and what energy showed Norwich City players really amazing.

And win 3-0

The Newcastle thing is hardest to guess. If they invest well and take off up the table then we obviously have to overhaul Everton, Brentford or Leeds. That might require 40 points, not the lower total many are thinking will be enough. I just can't call it...other than to say survival would be a miracle but we have just made that a possibility.

8 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Those odds are surprising, but, markets are mostly money driven so there's obviously still more money going on us than them...

You could have got 66/1 on Sargent scoring twice on Friday night.

Odds are based on what most people think will happen, not on the unexpected happening.

And, as a daily punter on the GG's, I can tell you that the unexpected happens everyday.

The Premier League is about to change its COVID rules,, so that will need to be factored in. Of course any sensibly run organisation would have settled on the rules in the summer, to apply equally for all clubs throughout the season...

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The Premier League is about to change its COVID rules,, so that will need to be factored in. Of course any sensibly run organisation would have settled on the rules in the summer, to apply equally for all clubs throughout the season...

...of 2020... considering we had project restart by then. They've had more than an entire season, have medical experts on hand at every single Premier League club...

If anything is an embarrassment, it's the premier league itself at this point when it comes to that.

• Like 1