Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Fat Referees

11 hours ago, Ian said:

To be fair, you can't really claim to be progressive and then say everyone who doesn't agree with you must be an old man.

Bit of an irony there really.

I suggest you read my post again and come back to me if you have any further questions 👍🏾

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

You have missed my point : Sumo Wrestlers are fat and fit. 

Jesus, have a think will you.

They are conditioned to their sport, genius.

you think being a pasty-chasing donut-huffer is an appropriate, conditioned body type to officiate some of the fittest and fastest human beings on earth?

have a little thinky 

• Haha 1

Accordingly to Collina autobiography to be a professional referee you have to be able to run 3km in 12 minutes. 

Just now, Ulfotto said:

Accordingly to Collina autobiography to be a professional referee you have to be able to run 3km in 12 minutes. 

Having referees like Collins seems like a long time ago

Referees must complete 40 x 75m run / 25m walk intervals. This equates to 4,000m or 10 laps of a 400m athletics track (see below diagram). The pace is dictated by reference times that are set in accordance with the referee's grade level. Referees must start from a standing position.5 Jan 2021

11 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Grant Holt was not overweight. 

The point the OP is trying to make is that if a referee is overweight it is more difficult for them to be in the right place to make a correct decision. That's not 'fat shaming', it's a statement of fact. 

I think if they have trouble keeping up with play and making decisions properly, it won’t take very many games for this to be noticed and then probably it’d be addressed.

8 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

If it's a 12-minute run, there's a fairly good chance it's the old Cooper Test simply as a 12-min run was such a key part of it, and it just might have been for professional football. I think the testing moved on from Collina's early professional days, simply as refereeing isn't really done at a steady state, medium-intensity sort of pace at the highest levels of the game.

You'll find they'll want to test a referee's recovery from sprints far more, as that sort of movement is more representative of what a referee needs. The post by @FenwayFrank looks more like a modern test for referees at higher levels, I would expect.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Gender and race are not a choice and therefore not acceptable to criticise someone for. 

being fat is a choice, put the greggs slice down fatty, you make air travel a nightmare.

Being a C*NT is a choice, and appears be one you're making.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Having referees like Collins seems like a long time ago

Which big games did Collins referee then? Maybe the East Anglian Under 12s cup final? Was he fat too? 🤣🤣

8 hours ago, KJB1492 said:

Being a C*NT is a choice, and appears be one you're making.

Put the pie down, you’re embarrassing yourself.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Put the pie down, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Walk away from the keyboard you're letting yourself down, even by your particularly low standards,  Bore!