Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Fat Referees

image.jpeg.f25a3db8af45cfe3db4902c2b108f329.jpeg

I was watching the Charlton Fleetwood game today (long story) but I was stunned, absolutely stunned to see the referee. Brett Huxtable or maybe it’s Brett Husky-table but how can a professional referee (yes, I know it’s league one but the players are delivering for Amazon part time, they are full time professionals) how can a professional referee be THIS FAT? He’s not alone as well. Phil Dowd is a big old planet as well.

I honestly think it’s got to the point where they care so little and are so untouchable they are now just going to get fat for a laugh.

• Haha 1

Not everyone can be as ripped as an Adonis like you Buh! 

Rumours are, that you moonlight as a Magic Mike dancer in the west end… any truth in that?

image.jpeg.126da5eb468395340a4d5e3dca79ab1d.jpeg

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

image.jpeg.f25a3db8af45cfe3db4902c2b108f329.jpeg

I was watching the Charlton Fleetwood game today (long story) but I was stunned, absolutely stunned to see the referee. Brett Huxtable or maybe it’s Brett Husky-table but how can a professional referee (yes, I know it’s league one but the players are delivering for Amazon part time, they are full time professionals) how can a professional referee be THIS FAT? He’s not alone as well. Phil Dowd is a big old planet as well.

I honestly think it’s got to the point where they care so little and are so untouchable they are now just going to get fat for a laugh.

Come and join us in 2022 mate, no place for posts like this nowadays 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Have you seen the state of other posts on here when a photo of a footballer’s girlfriend or wife pops up?! Apparently no females frequent the Pink Un message board so it’s all good 👍🏻 

10 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

2012 would be a start!

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Have you seen the state of other posts on here when a photo of a footballer’s girlfriend or wife pops up?! Apparently no females frequent the Pink Un message board so it’s all good 👍🏻 

I don’t buy this ‘what-aboutisms’ 

not acceptable to fat shame anyone least not someone who would’ve had to pass a very stringent fitness test when he reached level 4 as a ref let alone the level he’s at now

• Like 2

Just now, Yobocop said:

I don’t buy this ‘what-aboutisms’ 

not acceptable to fat shame anyone least not someone who would’ve had to pass a very stringent fitness test when he reached level 4 as a ref let alone the level he’s at now

Sorry. I was being sarcastic about the other posts, on reading what I typed you can’t tell. I’m 100% with you. 

4 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Sorry. I was being sarcastic about the other posts, on reading what I typed you can’t tell. I’m 100% with you. 

Ah understood, apologies 

yes, and I have to be careful what I say here as I have a couple of friends on here. I would assume it’s due to the fact the majority of the members of this board are men of a certain age 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Ah understood, apologies 

yes, and I have to be careful what I say here as I have a couple of friends on here. I would assume it’s due to the fact the majority of the members of this board are men of a certain age 

To be fair, you can't really claim to be progressive and then say everyone who doesn't agree with you must be an old man.

Bit of an irony there really.

The only full time refs are in the EPL, he will be in another job also. 

Despite what you think of his size, he will still have passed a fitness test otherwise he would lose his licence to ref.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Put the fork down 

It used to be the Cooper Test for referees, but it has changed since then. Think the HI Intensity Fitness Test is the one that's increasingly used.

Wonder how many of those who criticise referees for being unfit can run a mile-and-a-half in twelve minutes?

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

It used to be the Cooper Test for referees, but it has changed since then. Think the HI Intensity Fitness Test is the one that's increasingly used.

Wonder how many of those who criticise referees for being unfit can run a mile-and-a-half in twelve minutes?

I’d beat this ref in any sort of race except a race to Greggs.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I’d beat this ref in any sort of race except a race to Greggs.

If it's for their own-brand salt and vinegar crisps, I'll thrash the pair of you! 😉

8 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Yes we do 👍🏻

Unless it has changed recently, refs have to pass a pretty stringent fitness test. Just because someone looks large, doesn't mean that aren't fit

43 minutes ago, AJ said:

Unless it has changed recently, refs have to pass a pretty stringent fitness test. Just because someone looks large, doesn't mean that aren't fit

They'll be telling us darts isn't a sport next! 😊 

Grant Holt was hardly ripped. Didn't stop him.

So being fat means the ref can't make the right decision but the skinny one will?

Bizarre.

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So being fat means the ref can't make the right decision but the skinny one will?

Bizarre.

Footballers are faster than ever, the game is faster than ever and some these refs, on top of being bad at their jobs and probably corrupt, are fat to boot?

nah, they are having a laugh now.

36 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Would you dare to accuse a Sumo Wrestler that he is fat to his face?

I would, if I were paid enough (and had a clear run out of the door).

However, I can't speak Japanese, so that's me out 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Yes we do 👍🏻

Good! I was being sarcastic about some of the questionable content from posters on here from time to time. Didn’t translate online. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Bizarre.

Grant Holt was not overweight. 

The point the OP is trying to make is that if a referee is overweight it is more difficult for them to be in the right place to make a correct decision. That's not 'fat shaming', it's a statement of fact. 

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Would you dare to accuse a Sumo Wrestler that he is fat to his face?

A sumo wrestler is meant to be fat mate, Jesus, have a think will you?

The whole point about bias is that you should judge on performance or behaviour, not on inherent factors like body shape gender or skin colour.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pugin said:

The whole point about bias is that you should judge on performance or behaviour, not on inherent factors like body shape gender or skin colour.

Gender and race are not a choice and therefore not acceptable to criticise someone for. 

being fat is a choice, put the greggs slice down fatty, you make air travel a nightmare.

• Haha 1