Sign in to follow this  
Wings of a Sparrow

Leeds v Newcastle. Best result for us?

Leeds win imo, think they won't truly trouble the relegation places so no point giving Newcastle any extra points. I see it as the 4 bottom sides currently, plus maybe Brentford.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

1 goal scored in the premier league today

shoukd be an even better match of the day than usual tonight…

Emi man of the match apparently. And sounded like he scored a header from a corner which is hard to believe. 

As for Leeds v Newcastle, I'd love to see Leeds struggle but I just can't see them going down. So a Leeds win would be best for us I think. 

Still hoping to see Brentford come unstuck. I think they are as bad if not worse than us, along with Newcastle, Watford and Burnley but Watford may get a bounce when they sack Ranieri. 

Latest news - Wolves one up at Brentford 😂

Newcastle winning...Well this isnt good

Had Jarred Bowen equalized vs Leeds last week with the last touch of the game to deny Leeds a win, you could have made a case for a Newcastle win being a good result

....but its still the least favourable of the 3 results

Serious 'bump' after the euphoria of last night. If Wolves hang on then that keeps Brentford on a bad run but we have to 'go some' to catch / get past them to be fair. 

Newcastle winning this is a terrible result for us. I fully expect them to stay up they have too much money not to. Let us hope their record of dropping points from winning positions continues. But honestly I think if they are in a point or two away from 17th at the end of the transfer window the  they will probably survive relatively comfortable.

Edited by Alex

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Newcastle winning this is a terrible result for us. I fully expect them to stay up they have too much money not to. Let us hope their record of dropping points from winning positions continues. But honestly I think if they are in a point or two away from 17th at the end of the transfer window the  they will probably survive relatively comfortable.

Folks keep saying this... but we are on Jan 22nd and no real splash in the transfer market yet (well, bar a veteran right back). They are after a lot of players - supposedly. We'll have to see what actually transpires.

Edited by chicken

What the heck is happening at Brentford today? Drone over the pitch, then a police chopper, then a straight red for Wolves gets downgraded to a yellow, then Brentford equalise straight after.... and we're still only midway through the second half!!

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

What the heck is happening at Brentford today? Drone over the pitch, then a police chopper, then a straight red for Wolves gets downgraded to a yellow, then Brentford equalise straight after.... and we're still only midway through the second half!!

Match of the day might be worth a watch for once

Newcastle win today at cost of three more injuries - and quite like the idea of Leeds continuing to soil their pants. So it's not all gloom.

• Like 1

We really could have done without that result, I wouldn't have thought Newcastle had a hope of getting a result there. 

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

We need to win another 5 or 6 games, the rest is irrelevant.

Agree. Five and two or three draws could be enough in this wacky season.

We have Burnley, Toon and Brentford to play at home. Win those three games and then who knows... It's also 3pts those teams won't be getting as well.....

Edited by SkegbyCanary

Just now, ricardo said:

Brentford lost and manager sent off

That was pretty funny to see 😂

the wheels coming off at the sainted Brentford 😂

6 minutes ago, SkegbyCanary said:

We have Burnley, Toon and Brentford to play at home. Win those three games and then who knows... It's also 3pts those teams won't be getting as well.....

This is the key, its long odds but at least gives us something to fight for but we have to do the business ourselves.

Simon Hooper reffing at Southampton now  🙂  Looks like Saints are going to be joining our party soon - early goal? no worries.