Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Krul out 4 to 6 weeks

Well at least there’s a decent break with no PL games for half of that. Gunn did ok last night but wasn’t exactly under pressure.

Well at least 2-3 of those weeks mean nothing with a break and then a cup match and all.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Well at least there’s a decent break with no PL games for half of that. Gunn did ok last night but wasn’t exactly under pressure.

Indeed, much as I have given him slack he did alright,even if he did fluff and drop the ball once. Then again only real shots Watford had on target had no power than I'm pretty sure most keepers could save. Did they even trouble the goal last night? With all the choas I can hardly remember 😂

Well, 1 of those weeks has already gone by, and we now have the mid-season break and then it’s the Cup, so at least that’s something…it might not be too many league games missed.  Gunn didn’t really have huge amounts to do yesterday, only the one lapse and a few saves, the clean sheet will do a lot to build confidence both in himself and others around him. 

How long is Sörensen out for? Someone said on my thread it thankfully appeared to be a minor ligament tweak but not seen anything else yet.

That's a very serious blow. Gunn is not in the same league as far as leadership, inspiration and character are concerned and it's qualities like these we need in shed loads if we are to truly take this upturn forwards and stay up.

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well at least 2-3 of those weeks mean nothing with a break and then a cup match and all.

Indeed, much as I have given him slack he did alright,even if he did fluff and drop the ball once. Then again only real shots Watford had on target had no power than I'm pretty sure most keepers could save. Did they even trouble the goal last night? With all the choas I can hardly remember 😂

Good for his confidence though!

44 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

How long is Sörensen out for? Someone said on my thread it thankfully appeared to be a minor ligament tweak but not seen anything else yet.

Hopefully not that long. I know he gets some unfair stick but he should be starting over McLean if fit.

Gunn made one very good stop immediately after his co)k up. Generally well protected by his back four though and the clean sheet will have helped him hugely. He doesn't seem to command like Krul and he will face some big games. A real chance for him to shine.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And the Liverpool/Abu Dhabi games that we'd probably lose with Tim in goal anyway. Could be worse.

• Like 2

So the consensus is we should be ok as Gunn won't have many games to deal with? That should boost his confidence!

He had extraordinarily little to do last night, got nowhere near a couple of shots, one which hit the bar, a couple of tame efforts straight at him and didn't really need to come for many crosses. If it's like that over 6 weeks it will be fine.

31 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So the consensus is we should be ok as Gunn won't have many games to deal with? That should boost his confidence!

He had extraordinarily little to do last night, got nowhere near a couple of shots, one which hit the bar, a couple of tame efforts straight at him and didn't really need to come for many crosses. If it's like that over 6 weeks it will be fine.

The one that hit the bar he had covered. 

If it was any lower, he would got a touch. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, king canary said:

Hopefully not that long. I know he gets some unfair stick but he should be starting over McLean if fit.

I thought Sorensen looked much better on Friday than he had previously, like a proper CDM, it would interesting to see if he is effective against good patterns of play, as he did against the slightly disorganised set of individuals we faced on Friday.

6 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Good thing Webber wasted 5 million on a keeper we didn’t need eh? 😬

I'm still of the believe he could have got a more than serviceable option for a fair bit less.

11 hours ago, Greavsy said:

The one that hit the bar he had covered. 

If it was any lower, he would got a touch. 

Thought the same thing when I saw it, would’ve been a hell of a stop if it was an inch or two lower. Done very well to get across and up that high to cover the goal 

Definitely had the crossbar covered. Definitely awful at the mix up at the back. Shades of grey, overall he is neither amazing nor awful. For us, as a reserve keeper, he is excellent. I'm not sure who we could get that would be better as a reserve and McGovern is awful.

Edited by All the Germans