Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Best headed goal since......

............Grant holt's header against Liverpool. 

A joy to see goals like that - the defender and goalie had no chance once Sargent decided that ball was his - just like Holt's header (still one of the most satisfying goals I can remember one of our players scoring).  Sargent's goal was close to that.  Add his improvisation in scoring the first goal, I think we can see why we bought him.

There was an American pundit recently who did a piece that asked the question "what has happened to Josh Sargent?"  From what he said, plainly people over there were mystified why Sargent - a great young prospect from their point of view - hadn't made his mark since joining us - well they will sit up and take notice of last night's performance. 

Josh is back y'all.....

Grants goal . One of more memorable for the way he just insisted that it was his ball and no one else’s.

real power from a Roy of the Rovers type.

But last night was great and yes something we have been missing almost since Grant left.

I scored a brilliant one on Sprowston rec. The ball was played forward, the keeper tried to claim it and I cushioned it over him and into the net. Our keeper, who was difficult person to impress, clapped.

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Thanks 1

Not sure about all that, but the leap and header showed the confidence of a man with a weight off of his shoulders.

All 4 starting forwards last night have all scored at least a goal this season now. Gives the opposition a lot more to think about

44 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Our keeper, who was difficult person to impress, clapped.

Probably keeping his hands warm! 😊 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

............Grant holt's header against Liverpool. 

A joy to see goals like that - the defender and goalie had no chance once Sargent decided that ball was his - just like Holt's header (still one of the most satisfying goals I can remember one of our players scoring).  Sargent's goal was close to that.  Add his improvisation in scoring the first goal, I think we can see why we bought him.

There was an American pundit recently who did a piece that asked the question "what has happened to Josh Sargent?"  From what he said, plainly people over there were mystified why Sargent - a great young prospect from their point of view - hadn't made his mark since joining us - well they will sit up and take notice of last night's performance. 

Josh is back y'all.....

Totally agree. Would never have scored a goal like that under the previous manager!