Sign in to follow this  
Newtopia

Hanley

In the last three games I have thought Grant has been immense - exactly the sort of leadership the team needed.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

In the last three games I have thought Grant has been immense - exactly the sort of leadership the team needed.  

Completely agree. Was one of Webber's earliest signings if I remember correctly and still one of the best. 

• Like 1

I suppose it all depends on what you expect from a centre half, GH has been solid lately defending well and playing mostly fsimple passes . ...... job basics fulfilled, well. Hes also looking very much in charge . Good , solid signing that has proved his value to us .

Edited by wcorkcanary

I think in a Farke tippy tappy play out from the back at all times side then Hanley is always going to struggle at the top level. 

In a Smith back to basics, safety first side then Hanley is probably first name on the team sheet defensively. 

8 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I was going to start a thread highlighting exactly the same. He is a colossus for us at times and a very cleaver player in a very unforgiving league.

Loved the palm off on one of their winging players as well.

Fingers crossed he stays fit

• Like 1

its like master and servent last  4 5 games Hanley and Gibson .

Played same position but Hanley  is much more vocal and involved ...

The no nonsense style certainly benefits Grant and Gibbo. The **** arsing around style under Farke was never going to suit those two and they're clearly more comfortable in concentrating on what they're good at.

Of course they might struggle against more mobile strikers but for 75% of games we can be more solid.

Thought he was immense and has been since coming back. He’s so good at snuffing out danger before it happens. Gibson and him are forming a really solid partnership and suddenly collectively look the part.

I think he has benefitted from an improved Gibson. For so many games, I thought Gibson lack of pace and positioning wasn't allowing Hanley to concentrate on his primary job. But now he can and they kept Antonio and Calvert Lewin quiet which isn't easy.