Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Allegedly Worst Player we’ve ever signed......

I'm still uncertain. Yes, he has the enegy and never gives up. Yes he did amazing today, but his first touch and dribbling is still **** poor. But end of the day if he carries on the way he's going no doubt he will improve and prove a lot of people wrong

• Like 1

Maybe there is some good old fashioned football coaching being carried out now.  Long may it continue. 

Josh is using both feet and his head now. Big difference.  Well done the SAS.

• Like 2

Really glad for him to get that monkey off his back - hopefully this will help him with his composure for the more “normal” chances when they come along; with him and Idah starting to find form, we could even cope with Teemu being not quite on his game for the last couple.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Really glad for him to get that monkey off his back - hopefully this will help him with his composure for the more “normal” chances when they come along; with him and Idah starting to find form, we could even cope with Teemu being not quite on his game for the last couple.

Are you  calling  TuB a Monkey.? 😇😉👍 

• Haha 1

I've been very critical of Sargent and still have concerns, but that was a huge game for him tonight and his confidence really lifted after that first goal and everything he did after was more positive, could make a huge difference. Long may it continue.

I do recall Naismeth scoring a hattrick against Chelsea while at Everton as well so let's not get too carried away yet. At least Sargent has youth on his side. 

50 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

......scores two goals in Premier League.

Someone on here should be hiding in shame!!!

You probably did not go so should shut up. I was there it was magnificent

I don't think any of us didn't think these young signings wouldn't turn good eventually, I'm sure Sargent will, the bigger issue is we need to sign players who were PL ready and most of them aren't. Sargent just happens to have had the biggest highlight because of his Leicester incident. Played well again tonight though and thoroughly deserved his goals

32 minutes ago, AJ said:

I don't think any of us didn't think these young signings wouldn't turn good eventually, I'm sure Sargent will, the bigger issue is we need to sign players who were PL ready and most of them aren't. Sargent just happens to have had the biggest highlight because of his Leicester incident. Played well again tonight though and thoroughly deserved his goals

Leicester?? Do you mean Brighton? 

I have perhaps been over critical of him at times  so happy to apologise

He's definitely raw, so will at times make errors and struggle with confidence but perhaps we(i) need to appreciate he's a young player in a new league and country and not expect him to be the finished article

Thought his touch was pretty standout tonight, a lot of the time giving him the opportunity to lever himself around an opponent.  Miles better than just a few weeks ago.  We needed some more of the new signings to settle and stand up and be counted and he's certainly doing that now.  I just hope we can get Tzolis firing next.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Are you  calling  TuB a Monkey.? 😇😉👍 

Sargent wouldn't need to be getting me off his back now would he... I'm quite possibly the first person in the world to call him a baller.

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sargent wouldn't need to be getting me off his back now would he... I'm quite possibly the first person in the world to call him a baller.

Was talking about you, not to you. One slimy.positive comment in amongst a tirade of negatve tripe, doesnt make you right, or decent , or even vaguely pleasant.

He looked utter garbage up front but looked a completely different player on the right. 

The 442 looked really good and suits Sargent perfectly. He's a Right Midfielder if ever I've seen one.

7 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Leicester?? Do you mean Brighton? 

Sorry, yes, Brighton of course. They both play in blue 😅