Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Was that THE perfect match?

An away win, clean sheet, a world class goal and a first top flight goal for one of ours, a power cut, a red card, 15 minutes of added time, late opposition goal getting chalked off..

What else have I missed? Did I feel asleep before the second half? Pretty sure I'm still dreaming 😂

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

everything on our way wow can't beloved this never happened before.

Var also with us as never reffere etc .

Hopes is back we are live!!!

Perfect? Nah.  It was pretty annoying to see some of the passing and the way we kept giving the ball away even when 3-0 up and them down to 10 men, but overall it was a great effort, but not perfect. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Perfect? Nah.  It was pretty annoying to see some of the passing and the way we kept giving the ball away even when 3-0 up and them down to 10 men, but overall it was a great effort, but not perfect. 

Lake District canary, an absolute pro at finding  positives in a negative and negatives from a positive. I salute you sir, but 3-0 away in a relegation 6 pointer is nothing but PERFECT

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Lake District canary, an absolute pro at finding  positives in a negative and negatives from a positive. I salute you sir, but 3-0 away in a relegation 6 pointer is nothing but PERFECT

Strange 'anit he? He tends to be our bastion of unchanging hope and yet here we are winning 3 nill away from home against a relegation rival and he seems oddly down, hope he's alright

I never expected it to be that good -  great win and a crucial 3 points 

USA USA USA 

🇺🇸😂🇺🇸

Was a very strange match where finally nearly everything (except Sorensen getting injured) went our way. We will play a lot better and lose but tonight was our night (and Sargent’s).

6 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

No. Next thread asking a hyperbolic question?

We just won 3 nill away from home.

Cheer up ya grumpy git and let me have this

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We just won 3 nill away from home.

Cheer up ya grumpy git and let me have this

Yes. Result was excellent. Yes I am grumpy. Was it the perfect match? Of course not. Ask a sensible question and get a sensible answer. I strongly dislike the massive flip flopping that most people - you in particular - do. Players, teams, results are either THE BEST or THE WORST. There never appears to be any sense of moderation. Try it. You might like it.

16 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I see it as it is. I love the fact we won 3-0, it was great for us, it was a boost, it was wonderful to win, but the word "perfect" is an absolute. No game is ever "perfect".  The outcome was brilliant and as I say at 2-0 up and even 3-0 up we were hopeless at keeping the ball - and the failure of Placheta to put Idah in on goal with a simple pass was atrocious.

Great result but work needed to improve.

The stars aligned for us in that second half no doubt. Deserved the win but I reckon Watford will be feeling that everything went against them tonight. 
Can we play against a team in yellow every week as I have a suspicion that it confuses the guys on VAR!

• Haha 3

1st goal...goal line technology and VAR Pukki foul went our way

2nd goal...VAR Rashica offside went our way

Sending off for Watford

VAR on Sissoko goal ruled out and went our way

3rd goal - own goal

....I dont expect a VAR decision to go our way for the next 3 seasons to balance this out.

Forget all the stats and technical niceties, I'm telling you now that any game we win 3-0 away from home, particularly against a bogey team who have mugged us for years, and that gets you out of the bottom 3, and puts your opponents in the bottom 3, is as perfect as it gets.

What's not to like FFS?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Forget all the stats and technical niceties, I'm telling you now that any game we win 3-0 away from home, particularly against a bogey team who have mugged us for years, and that gets you out of the bottom 3, and puts your opponents in the bottom 3, is as perfect as it gets.

What's not to like FFS?

Priceless nothing more nothing less

Times they are a changing 0-3 away. Doesn't get much better.

39 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

1st goal...goal line technology and VAR Pukki foul went our way

2nd goal...VAR Rashica offside went our way

Sending off for Watford

VAR on Sissoko goal ruled out and went our way

3rd goal - own goal

....I dont expect a VAR decision to go our way for the next 3 seasons to balance this out.

They were all correct decisions though.

NEVER a foul by Pukki, Samir already going down, clearly try to con the referee and didn’t get away with it. It was actually some decent, CONSISTENT refereeing on display last night. Williams and some others from both sides tried to fool Mike Dean and he didn’t fall for it. Well played ref.

Rashica wasn’t offside, end of.

Sending off was obvious. Clear first yellow and when on a yellow don’t make a stupid late challenge, particularly one that’s late on a player who has clearly played the ball and then gets caught with their leg raised giving him the opportunity to make it look nasty. Clear second yellow.

Sissoko was offside, end of.

So it wasn’t that we ‘got’ the VAR decisions, it’s that we got the correct decisions. Officiating that was fair, consistent and correct

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

They were all correct decisions though.

NEVER a foul by Pukki, Samir already going down, clearly try to con the referee and didn’t get away with it. It was actually some decent, CONSISTENT refereeing on display last night. Williams and some others from both sides tried to fool Mike Dean and he didn’t fall for it. Well played ref.

Rashica wasn’t offside, end of.

Sending off was obvious. Clear first yellow and when on a yellow don’t make a stupid late challenge, particularly one that’s late on a player who has clearly played the ball and then gets caught with their leg raised giving him the opportunity to make it look nasty. Clear second yellow.

Sissoko was offside, end of.

So it wasn’t that we ‘got’ the VAR decisions, it’s that we got the correct decisions. Officiating that was fair, consistent and correct

Yes, they were correct...but as we know and as we've seen that hasnt stopped these decisions still going against us in the past . A rare night where everything went our way

• Like 1