Sign in to follow this  
chicken

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Watford (PL) *****

We never (hardly ever) win away at Watford! Three nil to us! Like a cup final. Absolutely brilliant night! Savour it, enjoy it! Boys done Good!

Watford Facebook page is an interesting read, literally no Watford fans posting and just full of Nigerians ripping the crap out of them. Seems they're not happy with Watford not releasing Dennis for the AFCON.

1 hour ago, hertfordyellow said:

You must be gutted they won tonight. What are you going to moan about? Who are you going to blame?

Didn't fancy going yourself then?

abcde.JPG.8a0f8ae199c15b93c90a854aba81f4a4.JPG

What on earth is going on in training? It’s almost like someone has told them they can move the ball forwards towards the opposition’s goal. 
First Idah, now Sargent and then Gunny with a clean sheet. Melou looking class. Some serious magic dust going on. Hope some of it rubs off on Kenny too! 

Well done Smith and Shaky! 

1 hour ago, Foxy2600 said:

Perspective 

Burnley 5 games in hand

Newcastle 2 games in hand

Watford 2 games in hand

Everton 3 games in hand

Leeds 2 games in hand

Brentwood same amount of games with 7 points more than us

i think we’ll be back rock bottom before the season is out 🙄 

Still the table doesn’t lie 😂

Hope springs eternal

Before tonight, the bottom 3 had won 5 games between them all season.

Its going to be very tough undoubtedly and I don’t think anyone disagrees, but we’ve given ourselves a chance now. Got the pivotal results needed, confidence will be back (particularly for Sargent), some key players on the way back and some very winnable home fixtures between now and the end of the season.

Perspective indeed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Didn't fancy going yourself then?

abcde.JPG.8a0f8ae199c15b93c90a854aba81f4a4.JPG

I created the username when I lived in Hertford, I don’t live there anymore. I am self isolating because both children have just tested positive for COVID.

Are you a little embarrassed?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

I am self isolating because both children have just tested positive for COVID.

Are you a little embarrassed?

Perhaps you should spend some time with them then rather than being on here for a solid 13 hours to argue with me about Alex Tettey.

No idea why you think neglecting your ill children is better than neglecting your football team,  because it definitely isn't, its a lot worse. You should be embarrassed. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Perhaps you should spend some time with them then rather than being on here for a solid 13 hours to argue with me about Alex Tettey.

No idea why you think neglecting your ill children is better than neglecting your football team,  because it definitely isn't, its a lot worse. You should be embarrassed. 

Thats low, even for you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not really. 

Fair point.  At least he wasn't actually  accusing Hertfordyellow of anything..... other than neglecting his children.... where does this fool get off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Fair point.  At least he wasn't actually  accusing Hertfordyellow of anything..... other than neglecting his children.... where does this fool get off.

Seems a shame after such a good evening. I woke up smiling this morning and clicked on here thinking it would be a happy place for a change. I hadn't expected to read accusations of child abuse! Posters on the non football section with wildly differing views aren't as rude. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Seems a shame after such a good evening. I woke up smiling this morning and clicked on here thinking it would be a happy place for a change. I hadn't expected to read accusations of child abuse! Posters on the non football section with wildly differing views aren't as rude. 

I think TuB has a bit of trouble knowing when to stop with the accusations/ projection/ venting,  he's  clearly troubled and unhappy,  despite his wealth , loving family and bunch of mates down the Pub.  He defends his flip flopping vehemently , which can be entertaining but occasionally  realises he's gone too far and does show some humanity,  though on previous form,  doesn't last long*.

*( or so I've heard👍😇😉)

• Like 2

On the plus side, looking at the teams around us I wouldn't want to change places with the other 3. It feels like there is no pressure on us as it was a forgone conclusion that we would be relegated. We seem to be the only ones with any momentum and spirit and the other bonus is that Brentford are looking dodgy and have a horrible run of fixtures coming up. 

We also have players coming back from injury and a couple we'd all written off who are suddenly playing with confidence. 

I'm still no fan of our new style of football but Smith obviously has something about him when it comes to player management that Farke lacked. Idah was actually shouting at his teammates last night. Whatever Smith has said to him has certainly worked. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

Perspective 

Burnley 5 games in hand

Watford 2 games in hand

Everton 3 games in hand

Leeds 2 games in hand

i think we’ll be back rock bottom before the season is out 🙄 

Still the table doesn’t lie 😂

Hope springs eternal

Games in hand mean nothing if you don't win them and most of those teams around us don't win that often anyway.

Unlikely that all of them will suddenly win 3 or 4 on the bounce.

If we keep plugging away as we are we only need 3 of those teams to continue their current form on we''ll keep above them.

Remember Rotherham last season.

Think they had 5 or 6 games to catch up at the end of theseon so they were playing games every 3 or 4 days.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

On the plus side, looking at the teams around us I wouldn't want to change places with the other 3. It feels like there is no pressure on us as it was a forgone conclusion that we would be relegated. We seem to be the only ones with any momentum and spirit and the other bonus is that Brentford are looking dodgy and have a horrible run of fixtures coming up. 

We also have players coming back from injury and a couple we'd all written off who are suddenly playing with confidence. 

I'm still no fan of our new style of football but Smith obviously has something about him when it comes to player management that Farke lacked. Idah was actually shouting at his teammates last night. Whatever Smith has said to him has certainly worked. 

Yeah I agree, I think Burnley are going to regret postponing all those games. I very much doubt they’ll extend the season so they will be playing Tuesday Saturday for a solid month at the end when we will only be playing Saturday 

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think you might have let yourself down here.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Games in hand mean nothing if you don't win them and most of those teams around us don't win that often anyway.

Unlikely that all of them will suddenly win 3 or 4 on the bounce.

If we keep plugging away as we are we only need 3 of those teams to continue their current form on we''ll keep above them.

Remember Rotherham last season.

Think they had 5 or 6 games to catch up at the end of theseon so they were playing games every 3 or 4 days.

Someone worked it out and posted on Twitter that on their form this season Burnley would need eight games not five to catch us up. 

Points on the board definitely preferable right now. Hopefully we can get another twenty odd before May! 

16 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Someone worked it out and posted on Twitter that on their form this season Burnley would need eight games not five to catch us up. 

Points on the board definitely preferable right now. Hopefully we can get another twenty odd before May! 

And how many injuries will they get playing twice a week for a month? I definitely think they should have sucked it up and played the games at Christmas 

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this, but out of our last 2 wins we've held out under pressure so we're going to need for the upcoming games against Liverpool and Man City.

Drop Pukki for those games and have Sargent/Idah with a packed defense?

Miracle we came out of that game with only one injury. every time we play that lot they kick us off the park. They've always been a really dirty team no matter who their manager is, as much as I enjoyed the second half last night I'm glad we don't have to play them again for a while.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hello Sailor?

"Bring me sunshine" not "ring me, sunshine".😀

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, chicken said:
  16 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

Perspective 

Burnley 5 games in hand

Watford 2 games in hand

Everton 3 games in hand

Leeds 2 games in hand

Just a question, who are Brentwood? 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Jesus, I felt the static through my laptop!

I know. A nylon nightie in between poly-cotton sheets must have been quite a lightshow.

• Haha 2