Sign in to follow this  
chicken

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Watford (PL) *****

May be an image of 2 people and text
Watford Vs Norwich away at Vicarage Road, kick off 8pm (GMT) tonight.
Referee: Mike Dean
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF Helsinki 22:00 Toronto 15:00 Norwich 20:00 WATFORDV NORWICH CITY Berlin 21:00 Tampa Bay 15:00 Los Angeles 12:00 Beijing 04:00 Pristina 21:00 Abu Dhabi 00:00 Athens 22:00 Rio De Janeiro 17:00 Seoul 05:00 Hong Kong 04:00 Bangkok 03:00 Nairobi 23:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 17:00 Sydney 07:00"

Videos:

Articles:
The usual BBC pre match article can be found here.
The Pinkun Presser article can be found here.
The club pre match article can be found on their website, here.

Ins, Outs, Shake it all abouts:
Norwich: Krul is out after injuring his shoulder against Everton, he is due further assessments to determine how long for. Zimmermann is to play with the development squad today to step up his own comeback from injury. Aarons and Williams are good to go again after coming off against Everton appearing to have injuries. McLean also returns after completing his period of isolation. Normann, Gilmore, Rupp and Omobamidele all remain out with injuries but it is hoped that they will be back in time for the Wolves cup match at the start of Feb.
Watford: Imran Louza, Adam Masina and William Troost-Ekong are all away on Africa Cup of Nations duty. Etebo and Baah remain unlikely as they progress back from injury.

A Little Bit of Knowledge:
Apparently the club recognises it's foundation date as being 1881, the date that Watford Rovers was founded. They then became West Herts, but their fortunes slumped for a bit and a nearby team, Watford St. Mary's were actually fairing better. As a result, the two teams decided to amalgamate and form Watford FC in April 1898.

Graham Taylor was arguably Watfords most important manager, managing them from 1977-1987 - a reign that saw them go from the old fourth division to the old first division. He'd also managed them two further times after that as well as Aston Villa and England. This evening, Watford plan a tribute to their former manager, details of which can be found here. He passed away five years ago today and their fans are being asked to hold their scarves aloft for this - it would be awesome to see Norwich fans joining in.

Pups for the CSF:
@nutty nigel is as awesome as ever and has the Pups for the CSF thread going like clockwork here.

Something Extra:

Edited by chicken
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Just want us to shake of this Watford bogey team thing that we also have with Palace...  obviously we have no divine right to get results against anyone, but we really should be competing against these kind of similar mid-sized teams as often as we don't.

• Like 1

Blimey Chicken, you are laying early. Nice bit of vintage stuff there to cheer us up as well.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Swear these keep getting posted earlier and earlier..

And I'm not complaining because they are of great quality!

Have you seen that picture of Cantwell. Do you want to start a thread about brain injuries from heading the ball mate?😂

• Haha 1

Both my kids were born at Vicarage Rd (hospital) adjacent the ground so I always have slight affinity for them. Not tonight though (the football club not the vey big kids 😉 ) !

OTBC.

Cracking thread as ever from a poster who always does a good job of them.

No matter your stance on club leadership, tonight is not the time to doubt, or fear. If we can't believe on this night, we never will. We had a good result and a good performance last week. Watford have a few missing, and Ranieri's definitely not got his magic working with them yet.

Now's not the time to look at recent past results against Watford. Ignore the noise, as Webber would say. Let's get right behind 'em and shove them over the line ourselves.

OTBC! 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Blimey Chicken, you are laying early. Nice bit of vintage stuff there to cheer us up as well.

Have you seen that picture of Cantwell. Do you want to start a thread about brain injuries from heading the ball mate?😂

Brain? 

I’ve mentioned this before but I was born in Watford and lived in the area all my life until 4 years ago. As a young lad I was a season ticket holder during the Graham Taylor years, all my friends are Watford fans and they are the team whose results I look for after ours.

But tonight I hope we lay the hoodoo to rest and give them a right stuffing. It won’t be easy as they have attempted to address their defensive problems-their new left back and centre back played against Newcastle-and we will need to match them for commitment but I’m hoping that when I meet my friends for a drink after the game I will have a big smile on my face.

Not sure on this thread, smells of chicken in here

Happy with that line-up. Rashica or Sargent can tuck in to make it a 3 midfield or even 4 when we don't have the ball.

C'mon City.

• Like 1

I really dont know anything about Watford. Is that a strong or weak ish team? Very pleased we are unchanged outfield players.

Edited by Satriales

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

You have to think so, don't you.

Not even on the bench, difficult to see how he stays at this point.

6 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I really dont know anything about Watford. Is that a strong or weak ish team? Very pleased we are unchanged outfield players.

The best way to sum up the differece between them and us is that right now they are 7ft tall bodybuilders and we are skinny dwarves

• Sad 1

BBC sport live text encouraging people to send in their Meat Loaf puns seems in really poor taste given how recent the news is. Strange. 

BB3FF376-AC99-436A-8BAE-DCACB3AB6B8B.jpeg

5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

What’s up with him now ?

The mysterious world of the invisible man. 

Just now, Satriales said:

Best I'm working out their attack is reasonable and they've brought in a new signings for defence and midfield+Cleverly. However the keeper tonight they don't have confidence in nor the replacement centreback who's lined up next to the new centreback. tbh they seem happy the regular centreback is out.

Some of their players are on international duty.