Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

No Krul

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Nope, not for the first time, @cambridgeshire canary is talking sh!te.

Thanks, that’s what I thought-so the clown in the picture is possibly Cambridgeshire? 😄

Edited by Mr Angry

Just now, Mr Angry said:

Thanks, that’s what I thought !

They lost 9-0 to Leicester in 2019/20 with Gunn in goal and then lost 9-0 to Man Utd in 2020/21 but Gunn wasn't even at the club when that happened.

Still, when do Norwich fans let facts get in the way of an opportunity to bash one of our own?

Seems like everytime we get a foot on the wall someone gets injured or some **** brings a pandemic.

Desperate for Gunn to prove me wrong, has my full support.  But I'm really not confident now... I was thinking 3 points start of the week.  Such a pivotal game, he's gotta come good, right?!

6 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Does he run and try and head the crossbar before kick off? If not, he should.

I don't know(?!)

@cambridgeshire canary - Do you run and try and head the crossbar before kick off? 

....Do you even have crossbars in Cambridgeshire?

Also, what do you call 'chips' over there?

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

I can’t remember the last save he actually made. Hence my comments/concerns. I too hope I am proved wrong but on the evidence of his progression since our championship season he has gone backwards and was found lacking at this level. Hopefully he does ram it down my throat but I fear he won’t 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Back to Gunn it is, only keeper in history to lose 9-0 twice in a season.

That should have been a warning.

Now I know that you are trying to break the Internet record for spreading fake news, but do allow me to to correct you with the TRUTH.

Southampton lost 9-0 in consecutive seasons (not the same one!!). The goalkeeper for the second of these defeats was Alex McCarthy.

So you are wrong in every respect!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Now I know that you are trying to break the Internet record for spreading fake news, but do allow me to to correct you with the TRUTH.

Southampton lost 9-0 in consecutive seasons (not the same one!!). The goalkeeper for the second of these defeats was Alex McCarthy.

So you are wrong in every respect!

As I said, not the first time. I made a mistake.I was wrong.

You shoud be used to that from me by now 😉

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Crunchy munchy potato snack bite and enjoys

How quaint, They call them fries in Springfield.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haus said:

We will miss Kruls experience and leadership I think as much as anything else, he makes the defenders in front of him better.

This is undoubtedly true and cannot be underestimated in such a crunch match. 

I would also add that I’m not sure if Tim would have been able to save any of the goals v Arsenal and Palace so let’s support Angus. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

As I said, not the first time. I made a mistake.I was wrong.

You shoud be used to that from me by now 😉

Well we all are, but to be serious for a moment, why do it? It's so easy to check something like that on the Internet before posting - literally takes about 30 seconds. 

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

The stupidity of some of our supporters is astounding.  We know he is a decent keeper - he may have something to prove, but that is the challenge for him - to get the best out of himself and get his confidence back. The running down of one of our players when he has barely had a chance to prove himself is just stupid. Idiots.

I hope he has a great game at Watford & in the games after that but it would be stupid not to have doubts given his past performances this season for us, the fact that Southampton let him go and his record at Stoke.

He performed well for us previously in the championship but appears to have gone backwards in his career.

No one is running down anyone, they are expressing genuine concerns. Losing Krul is a blow.

Here is hoping Gunn proves those doubters wrong. Actions not words.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Well we all are, but to be serious for a moment, why do it? It's so easy to check something like that on the Internet before posting - literally takes about 30 seconds. 

But that's precious time he could be using to post ****e on another thread

1 hour ago, Bonzo said:

Gunn has an opportunity to step up and ram this BS right down his detractors throats.

I hope he takes it.

This! Hope he takes after Idah’s example. Time for the next generation to step up.  Come on Gunny! 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Back to Gunn it is, only keeper in history to lose 9-0 twice in a season.

That should have been a warning.

Yes, a warning that you make things up. 

I know a goalkeeper’s role in to stop shots, but you can’t blame them for every goal conceded. For example: a player getting one on one with the keeper and scoring is really down to poor defending, because you have to agree that a player getting one on one with the keeper is a great goal scoring opportunity and the defence should have prevented the player from getting one on one with the keeper. Also a goal scored from a penalty - unless the keeper conceded the spot kick, you can’t blame them for it (ok, I wouldn’t blame anyone for the penalty v Manure as Ronaldo’s renowned for his simulation)

For the 9 he conceded v Leicester I feel he was mainly let down by his defence, as the Saints found themselves down to 10 men just 3 minutes into the game. Giving Gunn some game time will give him some more experience, which he will need - Krul won’t last forever, and McGovern will be nearly 39 when his contract expires next summer

Gunn is a dreadful keeper, this is an area where we really need strengthening for situations like this when by far our best keeper is out injured. 

We basically signed him out of sentiment. 

Hanley, Gibson, Giannoulis, Byram and Aarons are all very experienced defenders and Williams has matured visibly in recent games. Gunn had a thankless task with a depleted makeshift team in front of him last time out so should do better this time. Krul will be missed for sure, but we need a back-up who's ready to step in and hopefully Gunny will seize his chance.

58 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's 30 seconds posting time though! Why be right and reliable when you can post something 'funny'.

Aside from this, just on the general feeling on the thread, did you lot learn nothing from literally 5 days ago? The 'written-off, not good enough, loan him out' Adam Idah putting in a MOTM performance?

Krul is a massive loss for us, sure. But how about supporters have a crack at SUPPORTING Gunn before slating him for a game he hasn't played yet? Doesn't fit a lot of agenda's on this forum I know.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

That's an interesting point. Do you really think strikers when they get a chance to pull the trigger actually weigh up who they are shooting at and adjust where and how they shoot accordingly?

Only strikers who have a Soccerbot will have those kind of instincts. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

That's 30 seconds posting time though! Why be right and reliable when you can post something 'funny'.

Aside from this, just on the general feeling on the thread, did you lot learn nothing from literally 5 days ago? The 'written-off, not good enough, loan him out' Adam Idah putting in a MOTM performance?

Krul is a massive loss for us, sure. But how about supporters have a crack at SUPPORTING Gunn before slating him for a game he hasn't played yet? Doesn't fit a lot of agenda's on this forum I know.

How do you know he'll even be playing , Dean Smith didn't sign him and might prefer McGovern, let's hope so otbc.😁

4 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

How do you know he'll even be playing , Dean Smith didn't sign him and might prefer McGovern, let's hope so otbc.😁

He played Gunn previously, although that didn't end well, so anything is possible 

1 hour ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Supporting our players? God you're weird. 

Also, several on here have missed out blaming Delia for the signing of Gunn because she wanted to make it up to Bryan for letting McNasty sack him etc etc 😉

• Like 1