Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Team for saturday

This is assuming that Fleming is available:

Green, Drury, Fleming, Doherty, Rehman, Hucks, McVeigh, Safri, Robinson, Earnshaw, McKenzie.

Note that McVeigh is on the right of midfield, because an in-form McVeigh is a giant leap towards 3 points. No Hughes, with any luck he''d have moved to King''s Lynn by then. Robbo is in the centre of midfield with Youssef, simply because all of our other midfielders are shockingly bad (saying something when he still manages to make my starting xi). Lastly, Thorne is out, Leon is in. He may not be the most talented striker about, but whilst playing Thorne up front, well we might as well be playing Mr Blobby. Some people say that the Thorne-Earnie partneship worked at Cardiff, so why not here? Well, these are my reasons:

• That was 3-4 years ago, Thorne is now way past it.
  • Cardiff were a half decent team, so could play to their strengths (ie no long balls for a dwarf to head).

So there you go, my starting xi, although it won''t matter, we''ll still get played of the park come saturday no matter which side we put out.

I would like to see Colin play a bit more and feel he was seriously let down by the formation recently.

Green

Colin   Doc   Rehman   Drury

McVeigh   Safri   Robbo   Hucks

Mckenzie (if fit otherwise JJ2)   Erny

Bench

Ward
JJ2/Mckenzie
Etuhu
Shackell
JJ

FlemKing Rested - he is getting old!!

Worthy will rightly start with the same team & same formation that started the last two game; no fool changes a wining team especially after moaning that he couldnt pick one previously due to injuries.[;)] In worthys position I too would stick with a winning team.   

As my daughter pointed our the best player in Jan has been dropped despite playing better than most in each game in Feb and that does not make sense even allowing for a multi million pound signing so it wouldnt surprise you all to know my preferred team at the moment is a bit different.

Green

Colin [Y]!  Doc  Rehman   Drury

Safri   Robinson  

Johansson      WLY      Huckerby

Earnie          

Subs   Gallacher, Flem, Jarrett, Etuhu, Mackenzie

All ball playing individuals.

Colin only ahead of Flem not because flems playing badly nor colin any better but I want to know this season whether he has a future here, and not find out next season he will never be good enough and miss out someone better or spend money on a replacement we find out we didnt need to because he flourished late. He can make mistaks this season and it wont cost us a thing - make them next year and it could cost us a play off or promotion place.

ZLF has it right - I said earlier that we sould change formation to get our best players in the team, and I think WLY would be good in central "advanced midfield", or whatever the jargon is. He can tackle well if necessary, and we need someone to spot Earnie''s runs and angles. The only difference for me is right back, so:

Green

Rehman   Doherty  Shackell   Drury

Safri         Robinson

Johansson      WLY        Huckerby

Earnie

Regarding Colin, I concede that he''s pretty good on the ball, so it may be worth giving him a run at right-mid in a 4-3-3, if we ever use that again. But that''s not addressing the main issue - to me, he looks as if he desperately needs some good coaching and isn''t getting it.

Oh God!

If Colin is allowed anywhere near the starting line up ever again I will offer to swap shirts with him before kick off - I could play at right back more effectively.

has got to be

Green

Drury

Doherty

Rehman

Shackell

Johansson

Safri

Hughes

Huckerby

Earnshaw

thorne

Subs

McVeigh

Robinson

Gallacher

Fleming

Henderson

Hughes is a central midfield ball winner who is content to do Safris

dirty work and then let Safri pass to people - I think Hughes is far

better than a lot of peopel think - we could alwas have etuhu there

instead

Johansson has looked sharp in both games I have seen him play and should stay in

McVeigh and Henderson both allow further attacking options as teh games progresses

for me mcveigh and huckerby shud start they are both on form after the brighton game and will provide the service earnshaw craves!!! i wud go with a 3-5-2 at home

green

rehmann doc shackell( if fit)

jj2 safri robinson hux

mcveigh

mckenzie earnsahw

Surely, Zlf, your argument to play Colin could also apply to Jarrett & Etuhu (who have had less chances than JC and have been no worse). Also if we''ve given up on this season why play Rehman and JJ2 unless we are confident of keeping them. I don''t think Robinson is strong enough defensively (especially with Hucks and WLY or JJ2 playing) and I wouldn''t let Hughes or Colin anywhere near then squad.

My preferred line-up :-

Green

Rehman Doherty Shackell Drury

McVeigh Safri Etuhu Huckerby

McKenzie Earnshaw

subs Gallagher Spillane Johannsen Robinson Fleming/Charlton

[quote user="joshmickelburgh"]

for me mcveigh and huckerby shud start they are both on form after the brighton game and will provide the service earnshaw craves!!! i wud go with a 3-5-2 at home

green

rehmann doc shackell( if fit)

jj2 safri robinson hux

mcveigh

mckenzie earnsahw

[/quote] We struggle to defend as it is - I don''t think playing only three defenders will help! JJ and Hucks will offer no defensive cover. If you play three at the back it has to be with wing backs! I don''t think Hucks or JJ would fit this role at all!

has to be

Greeeeen

Flem (if fit)     Doc        Rehman        Drury

Mcviegh          Safri         Robbo        Hux

Mackenzie             Earnshaw

subs: shackell, etuhpoo, ward, thorne, johansenn

this is by far our best team we have if they are all fit no question about it

all those of you suggesting anything but 4-4-2 must seriously question their football knowledge

also all those who decided to chop and change the back four. we need a settled defence and this is it for me.

To voice of the thorpe area, I want Kings Lynn to do well, dont heep the burden of andy hughes on them.

I would pick shackall centre half And play rehman right back, because rehman is average and doherty has been poor playing with him. Mcveigh must start and so i would drop johansen who is 1o times less a winger than mcveigh. To the person who said Hooze isnt as bad as we make out. DID YOU GO TOO THE BRIGHTON GAME?! He was awful, the worst performanc ever witnessed and the ironic chears when he passed the ball succesfully from a-b summed it up. I would pick robinson to sure up the midfield with 2 attack minded wingers. Finally donkey thorne must go (another 1 i wouldnt want kings lynn to have), bring in mckenzie who works hard and is equally good in the air.

Green

rehman            Doherty               Shackall         Drury

Mcveigh         Safri               Robinson            Huckerby

Earnshaw            Mckenzie

Subs, gallagher, fleming if fit, etuhu, johansen and henderson.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

I would like to see Colin play a bit more and feel he was seriously let down by the formation recently.

Green

Colin   Doc   Rehman   Drury

McVeigh   Safri   Robbo   Hucks

Mckenzie (if fit otherwise JJ2)   Erny

Bench

WardJJ2/MckenzieEtuhuShackellJJ

FlemKing Rested - he is getting old!!

[/quote]

Agree entirely Paul, particularly with the point about Colin - he seems

a bit like another confidence player, like the Doc.  And if the

Ginger Pele himself can recover in such spectacular fashion from last

season, its only fair to give him a chance and not write him off yet.

We as Norwich fans are far too quick to turn on our players recently...

anyone suggesting that hughes deserves to be in the ground, let alone on the pitch needs a strong slap.

For me it''s 4-4-2.

Green

Fleming    Doc   Rehman   Drury

McVeigh   Saf     Robbo    Hucks

Leon          Earnie

Subs: Ward, Shackell, Spillane, JJ2, Thorne.

It could FTFW - but unlike those two Robbo is clearly a better player and. at 29, will be so for a couple more years;  Flem is solid for this year but cant do the rb job for much longer as he will be, I think, 35 during next season.  I did think long and hard about a three man midfield with JJ on there as he has performed with other managers.

Colin only for future planning - no other reason, dispose if he does not improve.  At his age we will keep Flem, solid player, you know wwhat you get with him and perfect squad man next year.

I think that Hughes should be the only one who gets his place taken, and the ''Welsh International'' Robinson deserves a go.

Green

Fleming   Doherty  Rehman  Drury

Safri      Robinson 

JJ2                                     Huckerby

McKenzie  Earnshaw

Subs: Gallacher, Shackell, McVeigh, Thorne, Hughes

Green

Colin                                          Doherty                     Rehman                                    Drury

JJ2                                                               Safri                                                           Hucks

Robinson

Earnshaw               Mckenzie

I pretty much agree with whats being proposed here but I would drop

Flem and because Shax is already on the bench and if we lose a defender

brings Shax who can cover CB and LB means even if we lose RB Rehman can

go there with Shax CB we don''t have a need for Flem on the bench. I''d

then put Hughes in as RB where he has played alot for Reading and done

well. Rehman and Doc are doing pretty well togeather as CBs so I

wouldn''t want to split them up even if it means Shax staying on the

bench. With the subs we have Shax can cover for the defence, Etuhu can

cover if we lose the CM, WLY can cover if we lose JJ2 or Hux, Thorne up

front if we McK or Earnie go off.

If we have a midfield crisis with Safs and Robbo both going off we can push Hughes up to Mid bring on Etuhu and Shax

My team:

Green

Hughes   Doc Rehman Drury

Safs                Robinson

JJ2                               

Hux

McKenzie        Earnshaw

Subs: Gallacher, Shax, Etuhu, WLY, Thorne