Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Is he going to break his neck ?

These somersaults  from the Welsh dwarf .....   sooner or later  he`s going to get it wrong  , and break his fool neck !   then what ?   4 mill  down the pan !     Nigel and the board   must watch  him  performing   this stunt  with  a pained expression ,   bad enough  when a scorer  gets leapt on  by  mounds of playmates , suddenly increasing  his weight by a factor of six +   !    but Earnie  in a neck brace   for six months [ if he`s lucky ]    ?    let him confine himself to  netting the ball  [ courtesy of  the hard work of Hucks and WLY ]    and quit showboating  !!

[quote user="sheded"]

These somersaults  from the Welsh dwarf .....   sooner or later  he`s going to get it wrong  , and break his fool neck !   then what ?   4 mill  down the pan !     Nigel and the board   must watch  him  performing   this stunt  with  a pained expression ,   bad enough  when a scorer  gets leapt on  by  mounds of playmates , suddenly increasing  his weight by a factor of six +   !    but Earnie  in a neck brace   for six months [ if he`s lucky ]    ?    let him confine himself to  netting the ball  [ courtesy of  the hard work of Hucks and WLY ]    and quit showboating  !!

[/quote]

yeah yeah stop our creative players having their natural creative instincts....  Order Erny to celebrate like shearer.... I bet you would make a right good Megson or Worthy......  Fortunatly Erny has doen many many many somersaults and I for one wanna see a ****ing shedload of em.....

Rubbish Ranky !    I`ve done enough gymnastics  to know that unsupported  somersaults  are  dangerous ...   one slip and your  neck snaps  !   simple as that   ...  Earnie   has an ego  thats just waiting to turn into an attitude   , as for  natural creative instincts   , all he`s displayed so far , is  that   he wants every ball to fall at his feet while  he`s hanging around the penalty box !  s**t    even Doc  or Flemmo would be banging them in   if this happened !!     the REAL creative   play is coming from Hucks and WLY  , without them   Earnie  wouldn`t be  doing anything except  going into a sulk !   guaranteed  !! 

[quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

Sorry Sheded,  but there''s too much of this ''nanny state'' lark as it is.

And Iobject to your ''Welsh dwarf'' jibe as well, how about  ''Welsh dragon'' instead?, because he''s deadly!.

[quote user="sheded"]

Rubbish Ranky !    I`ve done enough gymnastics  to know that unsupported  somersaults  are  dangerous ...   one slip and your  neck snaps  !   simple as that   ...  Earnie   has an ego  thats just waiting to turn into an attitude   , as for  natural creative instincts   , all he`s displayed so far , is  that   he wants every ball to fall at his feet while  he`s hanging around the penalty box !  s**t    even Doc  or Flemmo would be banging them in   if this happened !!     the REAL creative   play is coming from Hucks and WLY  , without them   Earnie  wouldn`t be  doing anything except  going into a sulk !   guaranteed  !! 

[/quote]

absolutely, Erny has an ego and an attitude...  I wouldn''t want to tempt fate as regards to that one.  However he can finish very well, and looks like he is strong with the ball at his feet.  And you are right again, without Hucks and McVeigh we would be in the big doo doo.

I`m in total agreement about the " nanny state " bit Wiz !     but , hey  , the dragon   is fooling around with 3.5 million pounds of our clubs money !  , he gets injured [ or worse ]    doing  somersaults   ,  then there`s going to be hell to pay  ! why can`t he just  just run around like a headless chicken   , with all his playmates  trying to mount him    when he scores ?  

Why the uproar?  He''s always celebrated goals this way since he started his career.  Cardiff did try and stop him at one stage but gave up in the end.  Think a bigger problem would be if he stopped doing this exercise because that would mean he''d completely dried up goals wise. 

he''s been doing them since he was like 8 or something. thats thousands of sommeraults. (he would have scored ALOT in a season at youth level). thats his celebration. you cant take that away from him, and no-one as the right to either.

[quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

Sorry mate but I don''t agree with you! Earny celebration is unique only to a few players (Earnshaw, Lua Lua and Agahowa). I like to see a good celebreation, at least he''s showing some passion for the game. Another thing is if Earny ever did break his neck and retire, norwich wouldnt lose out because all the players are Insauranced, For example Dean Richards of Tottenham had to quit and spurs got 3 Million so don''t worry about that. Earny won''t though, he know''s what he''s doing!

[quote user="sheded"]

I`m in total agreement about the " nanny state " bit Wiz !     but , hey  , the dragon   is fooling around with 3.5 million pounds of our clubs money !  , he gets injured [ or worse ]    doing  somersaults   ,  then there`s going to be hell to pay  ! why can`t he just  just run around like a headless chicken   , with all his playmates  trying to mount him    when he scores ?  

[/quote]i think we should just order him not to celebrate. and while we''re at it, inform all gymnasts competing at the olympics they cant do back flips as sheded reckons their dangerous. for the record its a SOMERSAULT, not a back flip as he rotates forward (i know sheded got thisa right but many others havent. and when worthless tells Earnie to stop the somersaults, he can also tell him to stop shooting in case he kicks the ground and breaks an ankle. and no sprinting in case he tears a muscle. and most clubs have insurance to cover against career ending injuries for expensive players anyway.

[quote user="theres only one Dean Coney"] lets suggest a back flip to Mr Hughes for every completed pass he makes....[/quote] No chance of him falling and breaking his neck then! I bet a Hughes back flip would involve heaps of effort and determination but lack any quality and finesse - I''m sure he''d applaud the audience for watching though afterwards!!

Sheded, the only one doing flips wrong here is you :P

as for Mr Hughes, how about one for every pass he doesnt make, it would give us more chance of him breaking his neck!

anyhow, let the wee man celebrate in style, if he couldnt do it right, he wouldnt do it at all

[quote user="AJ"]

as for Mr Hughes, how about one for every pass he doesnt make, it would give us more chance of him breaking his neck!

anyhow, let the wee man celebrate in style, if he couldnt do it right, he wouldnt do it at all

[/quote]

This post is probably the worst I have seen on here.  You should be totally disgusted with yourself.  A player who gives his all for his club - he may not be the most gifted player to step out at Carrow Road - and you are hoping he breaks his neck.   How the *** did this get past the moderators who should be equally as ashamed.

[quote user="sheded"]

I`m in total agreement about the " nanny state " bit Wiz !     but , hey  , the dragon   is fooling around with 3.5 million pounds of our clubs money !

[/quote]Oh get real for gawds sake.Hes an athlete, he knows what hes doing and as already stated hes also insured. Maybe we should ban overhead kicks and diving headers?Should be ban all players from driving performance cars too? Cos I''d say the chances of losing a player that way are far greater.You''ve got me agreeing with Wiz now, I hope you''re proud of yourself :) What with him laughing at one of my light hearted digs if this keeps up we''ll be looking for a room....Personally its good to see a player with the confidence to celebrate like Earnie does, I bet hes so used to it that a goal doesn''t feel the same until hes performed his party trick :)

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="AJ"]

[/quote]

This post is probably the worst I have seen on here.  You should be totally disgusted with yourself.  A player who gives his all for his club - he may not be the most gifted player to step out at Carrow Road - and you are hoping he breaks his neck.   How the *** did this get past the moderators who should be equally as ashamed.

[/quote]

Well if thats the worst, then you obviously havnt been about for long!

I just dont get how we manage to play hughes ahead of Robinson, how we play with two defensive midfielders instead of one defensive and one attacking

By no means i dont want Hughes to break his neck, we need all the midfielders we can get right now, its time you lightened up Dicky and took a joke!

As for a player who gives his all for the club, ok maybe he does, but running around clapping isnt really going to help anything, we need a safri clone

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="AJ"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if thats the worst, then you obviously havnt been about for long!

I just dont get how we manage to play hughes ahead of Robinson, how we play with two defensive midfielders instead of one defensive and one attacking

By no means i dont want Hughes to break his neck, we need all the midfielders we can get right now, its time you lightened up Dicky and took a joke!

As for a player who gives his all for the club, ok maybe he does, but running around clapping isnt really going to help anything, we need a safri clone

[/quote]

Humm, nice joke - sense of humour - maybe just a sense of decency.

whats all the fuss about!

earnie can celebrate however he likes theres no rule against backflips!

atleast he is celebrating his goals, unlike some players that just let the others jump on them then run off! whats the point in scoring if you''re not going to celebrate!??

u spoil-sport! gosh why do people go soooo serious about footbal for its like "nope your  not allowed to celebrate anymore,>>>EVEN THOGH THERE IS MUSIC THE FANS ARE PUMPING UP AND DOWN TO!

you confuse me!

and welsh dragon does sound better, its not like he is 4ft 9!!!!!!

[quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]Wow, and to think that some people on this board have been accused of moaning for moaning''s sake... not enough negative news for you today sheded?

To those  who havent twigged  yet ....    this thread  WAS a bit of a send up !!   [6]  anything to get away from the continuous  " Worthy out "   moans   infesting this forum  ....

Here`s a reality check  for  those  who smugly  think that  insurance companies would pick up the tab  if the " dragon "  did break his neck , performing  a stunt  that they would consider  self inflicted    .......   yeah !   like they would  happily fork out millions   if it happened ,  get real !!    I don`t know   the conditions  that surround  insurance for the players at NCFC  ,  but you can bet your arse  that there would be many clauses  attached to the  contract  ,  and the premiums  would be steeeeep  ....  

Lets say this insurance company  notified the club that  the dragons antics  are considered  a risk , over and above  anything  mentioned  in  the certificate ....  and that, if it continued  , the premiums  would have to be increased  to match the risk ,   get the drift ?   the club  would have to fork out considerable  sums to cover that risk !  

There`s a poster  that says he works for Norwich Union , maybe he can add  something to this insurance question ?