Maltesecanary

Erikson to Brentford

2 minutes ago, Maltesecanary said:

We need HimĀ 

As posted on the other Brentford thread.

Screenshot_20220117-081452_Chrome.jpg

What a signing if they pull it off and you have to wonder why better teams are not going for him. Is there that much doubt over him.

6 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

What a signing if they pull it off and you have to wonder why better teams are not going for him. Is there that much doubt over him.

The strong Danish connection maybe. Who knows.Ā Ā 

7 minutes ago, Mengo said:

The strong Danish connection maybe. Who knows.Ā Ā 

image.png.0025707fa2684e5e13cbe3625ba4bbcd.png

I can almost smell it !Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, Satriales said:

Pretty sure he would prefer London unfortunately.

Not to mention theyā€™re in pole position to be playing premiership next season!

As good as Eriksen is, we need a CDM much, much more than we need him

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I expect the insurance costs would make this a non starter for us.

This crossed my mind too. Would anyone even provide insurance? I guess there's a price for everything..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

As good as Eriksen is, we need a CDM much, much more than we need him

Exactly this. Sure, Eriksen is proven class and we have our own Danish connection in Sƶrensen, but it's a defensive one we need.

• Like 1

Probably the greatest signing ever as he walks up the field with the goodwill of the oppositions defence on his side lol.

In all seriousness, I Wonder if opponents would go a little easier on him?Ā  There would be something in the back of your head were you responsible for keeping him off the ball, as to how much pressure and physicality you'd apply surely?

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Probably the greatest signing ever as he walks up the field with the goodwill of the oppositions defence on his side lol.

In all seriousness, I Wonder if opponents would go a little easier on him?Ā  There would be something in the back of your head were you responsible for keeping him off the ball, as to how much pressure and physicality you'd apply surely?

Kicking / pulling / barging etcĀ isn't going to cause a repeat of his problem, so not much.

Would be an excellent signing for anyone below about 5th, even if he is only 75%. Can't believe a team better than Brentford wouldn't take a chance if it looked possible. Class player.

If the insurance contract is written with some explicit exclusions around pre-existing conditions etc etc it might be able to come down to a reasonable point. Daley Blind is playing with the same heart monitor thing that Eriksen hasā€¦

44 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Yet 2 weeks ago you all laughed at me...ok?!Ā 

#Ficklefeckers

Didn't know we have a Danish manager and a team full of Danish players and we happen to be in the middle of London šŸ¤”

34 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Kicking / pulling / barging etcĀ isn't going to cause a repeat of his problem, so not much.

I presumed straining for a **** could put him at risk, but I'm no expert.

Iā€™d be surprised and disappointed if we havenā€™t been exploring this for some time.Ā 
Ā 

We could certainly offer as near to certain weekly starting place for him to get fully match fit for the World Cup.Ā 

We only need the occasional moment of quality to win occasional games.

The finances only need to stretch for 5 months.Ā 

The ā€˜contra-Emiā€™ effect would immediately lift all other players.Ā 

ParmaĀ 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Our record of buying injured players is one to be proud of, one of few City could claim.Ā  But risking a victim of major heart surgery might just be oneĀ player we swerve.Ā  Good luck to Eriksen but it seems too soon.

He would never in a million years come to us, not that I think we would even go for him, but I would have no reservations at all about signing him.

Heā€™s been declared fit to play and has hopes of participating in the World Cup with Denmark. As someone else also pointed out, Daley Blind has been playing regularĀ Eredivise and international football for over 2 years with the same device fitted. I would have no issue at all with us signing him, particularly as he could be exactly what we need!Ā 

3 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Iā€™d be surprised and disappointed if we havenā€™t been exploring this for some time.Ā 

We could certainly offer as near to certain weekly starting place for him to get fully match fit for the World Cup.Ā 

ParmaĀ 

Yep I can't wrap my head around our total lack of activity, its disappointing to say the least.

You can guarantee if we were in Brentford's positionĀ we wouldn't be strengthening further either.

Its a 6 month contract until the end of the season. Do they need to make this signing, is it going to be the difference between themĀ staying up and going down for them? No and no and then he'll most probablyĀ be gone after the season ends.Ā 

Its aĀ clear show of ambition beyond what we would ever be willing to do. And lets be clear this is not about financial capability, but financial willingness.

We need to do something in this window many times overĀ more than they do, yet they are and we aren't. Imagine the lift it would give to the team if we could make some kind of short term loan (sending Gilmour / Kabak back) or some kind of permanentĀ signing like this.Ā 

I just cannot believe that a bit of transfer action would put close to financial ruin of any sort if it wentĀ wrong. A loan isn't that expensive, or if were to invest the moneyĀ in someone on the rise we would most likely get our money back in the summerĀ or have a player to fight for promotion next season (i.e. don't do a Naismith).Ā 

Its risk and reward but we are so hesitant to even consider the teeniest tiniestĀ slither of risk. A bit of debt is not going to cripple us, but giving ourselves a decent chance of staying up could be such a lucrative reward. I don't get it...Ā 

Even if you reject the idea of spending even slightly over budget, surely there is no argument against sending Gilmour back and getting in another loan. That is bordering onĀ negligence.Ā 

• Like 1

Fantastic signing, and very astute from Brentford, as is so much of their business.Ā 

Made a point in another thread, if Brentford stay up they'll raise some eyebrows with the calibre of signing next season. I definitely don't see them doing a Sheff Utd, as so many lazily band about. Completely different type of club. They have better football people behind the scenes than some top 6 clubs. In fact, they'd make Man Utd look aĀ  joke in that department.Ā 

They'll be much more like a Bournemouth than a Sheff utd. And yes, at some stage, I'm sure they'll drop to the Championship again - but I don't see that happening anytime soon if they stay up this season. Which is nigh on a fore goneĀ conclusion.Ā 

A joy to see the smaller clubs defying the odds. Especially when it's done through innovation and meticulous planning, rather than just being 'plucky.' Fair play.Ā 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Ā 

ParmaĀ 

Seriously? I'd be astonished if we had even thought about it at the wages he will want.

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Fantastic signing, and very astute from Brentford, as is so much of their business.Ā 

Made a point in another thread, if Brentford stay up they'll raise some eyebrows with the calibre of signing next season. I definitely don't see them doing a Sheff Utd, as so many lazily band about. Completely different type of club. They have better football people behind the scenes than some top 6 clubs. In fact, they'd make Man Utd look aĀ  joke in that department.Ā 

They'll be much more like a Bournemouth than a Sheff utd. And yes, at some stage, I'm sure they'll drop to the Championship again - but I don't see that happening anytime soon if they stay up this season. Which is nigh on a fore goneĀ conclusion.Ā 

A joy to see the smaller clubs defying the odds. Especially when it's done through innovation and meticulous planning, rather than just being 'plucky.' Fair play.Ā 

They will face the same problems as any second season club, including (for example) Leeds who despite adding lots of quality are finding it very tough because of the lack of strength in depth. It's not just a money thing, it's having 25 "PL quality" players, in the right positions, to pick from for most games - that takes some years to get to. Brighton, Palace etc seem to have done it. Brentford are miles away.

7 hours ago, WD40 said:

If the insurance contract is written with some explicit exclusions around pre-existing conditions etc etc it might be able to come down to a reasonable point. Daley Blind is playing with the same heart monitor thing that Eriksen hasā€¦

Exactly. Less of a risk to the insurer than a player yet to be diagnosed.

This feels like an initial 6 months with more to come if Brentford avoid relegation.

Just pleased that Christian is back on the mend and looking to get his footballing career back on track and up to speed.....I wouldn't mind seeing him here at Carra for 6 months.....But realistically, it isn't meant to be.....Ā Ā 

Daley Blind had the same peacemaker fitted and played for United so I'm not sure it'll be much of a problem, it's just that Italian law states people with heart problems are not allowed to play professional sport

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

This crossed my mind too. Would anyone even provide insurance? I guess there's a price for everything..

Brentford donā€™t insure player contracts at all as the cost is too high. Personal injury/employers liability cover would normally have an exclusion for pre-existing conditions.Ā 

48 minutes ago, aBee said:

Brentford donā€™t insure player contracts at all as the cost is too high. Personal injury/employers liability cover would normally have an exclusion for pre-existing conditions.Ā 

Hmmm, maybe the club can get Aviva (the artist formerly known as Norwich Union) to do us a decent deal on Eriksons insurance, tell him not to join for Brentford as they can't offer him fully comp. Throw in free car insurance for his wife's Fiat 500 in the process, sounds like a winner.

• Haha 1