Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Fair play to Krul 👏

Is that just a random image or is that who it is?  The guy the cameras would normally zoom in on at some stage during our matches over the past few seasons?  A real shame he's had to step back because of abuse, but that's great from Tim!

I'm not crying you're crying.

Lee is a passionate fan who does loads for charity but unfortunately get's a lot of stick online for doing so, saying he's only doing it for the attention etc. I couldn't care less why he does it, all I know is he does 10x more Charity Work than I ever have and I respect him for it. Without causing an argument, he'll tell you himself for some reason a lot of the members of the Delia Out Facebook Group have been responsible for essentially online bullying.

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Lee is a passionate fan who does loads for charity but unfortunately get's a lot of stick online for doing so, saying he's only doing it for the attention etc. I couldn't care less why he does it, all I know is he does 10x more Charity Work than I ever have and I respect him for it. Without causing an argument, he'll tell you himself for some reason a lot of the members of the Delia Out Facebook Group have been responsible for essentially online bullying.

Why doesn't your last line surprise me Hoggo?  My cloggy ajax mate who also follows city ( we both hoping for ajax friendly pre season.as in 2002 and 2012).....-is always trying to claim that he is that dressed up guy. .... so  he has his fans too. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

Really really nice sentiment.

Hopefully his mental state allows him to go, for some people it can be really debilitating to attend anywhere socially when they take that hit. 

He's the guy with then superman style 'F' on his chest, right?

Top guy in my opinion.  Don't know a load about him, but great to see.  To think he's had abuse for that shows insecurities from others, really sad to read.  Particularly if this is the first time since October he's mentioned it.  😞

It's hard to put a good man down, but not hard to help one off the ground. 

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Great stuff from Tim Krul. Bit said that these keyboard warriors feel the need to have a go at Lee.

Even sadder that if I remember right the majority of abuse seemed to come from 40-60 year old middle aged grown men who lets be honest should all know so much better. Imagine spending your spare time away from your wife and kids trying to bully and mock someone for raising money for charity..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3

I don't have much faith in humanity at the best of times, but hearing that people take a pot at a passionate fan of our club just because he dresses up is baffling beyond any sense of belief.

Fair play to Krul for reaching out.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

bully and mock someone for raising money for charity..

has he been mocked for that though? his tweet says he has had nasty comments because he dressed up at the football - which I still agree is unnecessary. 

As an example I dislike the TNC boys style  - so I choose not to watch / subscribe etc (although I do share the occasional relevant tweet they post) however when I commented on them previously, when they were nominated for the fan(S) of the season,  some people replied that they are good people because they do a lot of charity work. Fair comment - but that doesn't mean people have to like their content, and that is immune from comment or even criticism.  

That said, hats off to anyone who raises money for charity, and they should never be criticised for giving up their own time and making a difference. 

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I don't have much faith in humanity at the best of times, but hearing that people take a pot at a passionate fan of our club just because he dresses up is baffling beyond any sense of belief.

Fair play to Krul for reaching out.

Surely we all 'dress up' for football with our replica shirts, Jackets,  scarves, hats, flags etc? 

Bafflingly isnt it?  

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Is a  good program regarding social media and its effects on people and their mental health, presented by David Badiell. 

That was an interesting insight. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012kf0/david-baddiel-social-media-anger-and-us

Not even clicked on this but Wasn't Baddiel, in part, responsible for the abuse and hounding that really ended Jason Lee's career? Smacks of Hypocrisy if true..https://talksport.com/football/708915/ex-nottingham-forest-striker-jason-lee-hits-out-david-baddiel-frank-skinner-fantasy-football/

I’m fairly certain Lee, aka The Farke Knight, sits in the Regency Stand at the front. I’ve been seated near him before and he’s about the only one, aside from a few of his friends and family, which make any noise that end. If more fans were like him Carrow would have much better atmosphere all round instead of relying on the Barclay. Fk the haters. Classic jealousy. And top stuff from Tim. 

16 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Surely we all 'dress up' for football with our replica shirts, Jackets,  scarves, hats, flags etc? 

Bafflingly isnt it?  

Fair comment, I meant the additional clobber he wears, such as the wig and such. It's just his little way of showing his own passion for the club. As someone said earlier, it's a reflection of the insecurities of those who criticise, not remotely a reflection of him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jason Shackell’s Limp Tack said:

Not even clicked on this but Wasn't Baddiel, in part, responsible for the abuse and hounding that really ended Jason Lee's career? Smacks of Hypocrisy if true..https://talksport.com/football/708915/ex-nottingham-forest-striker-jason-lee-hits-out-david-baddiel-frank-skinner-fantasy-football/

Yep  he covers that too. 

To be fair to Baddiel he covers both sides, and get other opinons too - I thought it was reasonably balanced.  

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fair comment, I meant the additional clobber he wears, such as the wig and such. It's just his little way of showing his own passion for the club. As someone said earlier, it's a reflection of the insecurities of those who criticise, not remotely a reflection of him.

My comment wasnt intended as a criticism of your post TGS, apologies if it came across that way. 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

Pure class from Tim. The idiots who sit behind a keyboard and know nothing what that man has done is unbelievable. I would get banned from here if I wanted to put in words what I think

Just now, Greavsy said:

My comment wasnt intended as a criticism of your post TGS, apologies if it came across that way. 

Nah, don't worry, I didn't see it remotely as a criticism at all - it added a key nuance to the notion of "dressing up" I hadn't expressed, and was a fair observation in its own right.

• Like 1

Great story for a Monday.

Well done to Tim for finding this and his reaction, and an even better well done to Lee for his charity work. Hope he's at the Palace game.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

I've exchanged messages etc with Lee before. He's a top chap and his fundraising goes much further than just for the community sports foundation too. He has slept rough to raise money for homelessness charities, complete sponsored silences at his place of work and all sorts. He isn't "local" either, Southend I believe, and yet makes that commitment to the club from there.

The Delia Out facebook group is dire. I want to use more extreme words but I can't on here. They are such a hateful, trolling bunch. Several in there troll the pinkun and club posts on facebook slagging off anyone and everyone that dares to comment any form of support - or just slagging the club off. Several of them in there won't even use their own names so have set up fake profiles. Says enough on it's own doesn't it? 

It does not surprise me that they have targeted Lee. He's the complete opposite to them. Come rain or shine he is trying to support the club he supports the best way he knows how. He's a big part of the carrow road picture these days, as others have said, the way he dresses for home games is fun and the camera's quickly pick up on it. Probably one of the most photographed fans now. Sadly, clearly in some people's brains that makes him a good target for their abuse.

Krul is a top chap. I keep saying it, but he'll end up in management, I am sure of it. Equally, I am pretty sure he takes note of Lee when he's there as he spends half a fixture with him not too far away and definitely in sight. Top move. And about time a lot of these so called "grown men" in our support base "grew up".

Bit surprised some on this thread are coming on here to say how horrible it is to target someone online like that yet are guilty of posts doing just that about some of our own players.  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, chicken said:

I've exchanged messages etc with Lee before. He's a top chap and his fundraising goes much further than just for the community sports foundation too. He has slept rough to raise money for homelessness charities, complete sponsored silences at his place of work and all sorts. He isn't "local" either, Southend I believe, and yet makes that commitment to the club from there.

The Delia Out facebook group is dire. I want to use more extreme words but I can't on here. They are such a hateful, trolling bunch. Several in there troll the pinkun and club posts on facebook slagging off anyone and everyone that dares to comment any form of support - or just slagging the club off. Several of them in there won't even use their own names so have set up fake profiles. Says enough on it's own doesn't it? 

It does not surprise me that they have targeted Lee. He's the complete opposite to them. Come rain or shine he is trying to support the club he supports the best way he knows how. He's a big part of the carrow road picture these days, as others have said, the way he dresses for home games is fun and the camera's quickly pick up on it. Probably one of the most photographed fans now. Sadly, clearly in some people's brains that makes him a good target for their abuse.

Krul is a top chap. I keep saying it, but he'll end up in management, I am sure of it. Equally, I am pretty sure he takes note of Lee when he's there as he spends half a fixture with him not too far away and definitely in sight. Top move. And about time a lot of these so called "grown men" in our support base "grew up".

Bit surprised some on this thread are coming on here to say how horrible it is to target someone online like that yet are guilty of posts doing just that about some of our own players.  

Very well put mate !

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Bafflingly isnt it?  

I laugh at those that wear Stone Island / Burberry / Fila / Tachinni!  Twats that think they're hard & casuals ....😆

They could do with reading  / understanding some of these! 

Blowing out someone else’s candle doesn’t make yours shine any brighter.

Calling someone fat won’t make you any thinner.

Calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter.

Ruining someone else’s day won’t make yours any better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I laugh at those that wear Stone Island / Burberry / Fila / Tachinni!  Twats that think they're hard & casuals ....😆

Hadnt thought of those when i posted about dressing up for matches - was more thinking about replica kit and the like. 

I guess we all have some lucky socks / pants etc that we wore Saturday - please get them laundered for Friday evening.  

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Is a  good program regarding social media and its effects on people and their mental health, presented by David Badiell. 

That was an interesting insight. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012kf0/david-baddiel-social-media-anger-and-us

With the greatest of respects, David Badiel has never apologised to Jason Lee 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/jason-lee-david-baddiel-frank-skinner-apology-comedy-sketches-a9592741.html

So I'm not going to listen to him talk on this subject. 

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

With the greatest of respects, David Badiel has never apologised to Jason Lee 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/jason-lee-david-baddiel-frank-skinner-apology-comedy-sketches-a9592741.html

So I'm not going to listen to him talk on this subject. 

With the greatest of respect to you TvB Thats a shame, because if you do watch it, he HAS apologized, multiple times, does it again on the program, and says he will continue to be profoundly sorry for his actions. 

Rather than take your outrage from the press watch the program and make your own mind up. 

Heres a quote from inews following a quick Google search. 

I've highlighted the final sentence as it seems quite pertinent. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/david-baddiel-interview-apology-blackface-talking-about-anti-semitism-1346257/amp

However, just as social media can hold a theatre like the Royal Court to account, Baddiel has also been called out online repeatedly for doing blackface in TV sketches in the 1990s, and impersonating the black footballer Jason Lee for Fantasy Football. Baddiel has apologised and said it was wrong, and racist. “I’m happy to keep on apologising because I do know that not everyone’s seen the latest apology. You make statements, and not everyone sees them, they often just fizzle in the air.” Even so, Baddiel feels that anger tends to win out on social media. “You’re trying to explain that you made a mistake and that there are things you didn’t understand, but some people want to be able to say, ‘you’re a terrible person’, and I think there’s a thrill to anger too.”