Sooty57

Get the kettle on Mrs. Ranieri

After explaining to his wife that he was taking the Watford job to top the pension up, and wouldn't be gone for long, he phoned on Sunday night to inform her that the plan was working perfectly....
"Dilly dee, dilly dong. All I have to do is lose to Norwich on Friday and Gino will be getting his cheque book out. I will be home by Saturday night!"

It's a bit depressing that by beating teams we are causing managers to get sacked.

We're not that bad, surely? 🙂

It's quite funny really, rich clubs full of expectation start getting bad results and the managers are then under pressure, fans get frustrated and to cap it all on top of losing to other clubs they go and lose to bargain basement Norwich - the final straw for fans and club owners alike. I quite like the fact that other clubs and their fans dismiss us, it gives us a chance to prove them  wrong.

We are starting to function better as a team, even without Normann - and at full strength and with youngsters starting to settle to the task we have seen we can be very good. Other fans will still see us as cannon fodder - long may that continue - it's up to us to show them they are wrong.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's quite funny really, rich clubs full of expectation start getting bad results and the managers are then under pressure

So rich clubs sack managers after bad results, and self sufficient clubs as ourselves sack managers after a win.

Hard to think that the above is factual lol 🙂

• Haha 1

As said before Watford have the best record on getting managers sacked. Every manager that has lost to Watford has been sacked this season. Everton, Man U, Norwich and our own Smith from Villa. 

22 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

So rich clubs sack managers after bad results, and self sufficient clubs as ourselves sack managers after a win.

"A win" is irrelevant. A few good runs of consecutive wins is what matters.

47 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Yep - and our results were improving generally, 5 points in Farke's last 5 games, which was encouraging form (I know the Chelsea and Leeds reults were poor, but form in terms of results was improving).

On 17/01/2022 at 11:53, lake district canary said:

It's quite funny really, rich clubs full of expectation start getting bad results and the managers are then under pressure, fans get frustrated and to cap it all on top of losing to other clubs they go and lose to bargain basement Norwich - the final straw for fans and club owners alike. I quite like the fact that other clubs and their fans dismiss us, it gives us a chance to prove them  wrong.

We are starting to function better as a team, even without Normann - and at full strength and with youngsters starting to settle to the task we have seen we can be very good. Other fans will still see us as cannon fodder - long may that continue - it's up to us to show them they are wrong.

Can't wait to beat Man City and see pep sacked 

• Haha 1